In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Felster @ Nov 27 2007, 04:35 PM)
    sad.gif i got this essay i did on ok go vs hinder back today. I only got a 72% b/c i was not concise enough. GAH! how could i fit everything i love about ok go and everything i hate about hinder into only 1300 words? i cut about 25% that i wrote out to fit the word count...

also i had "a few minor grammar mistakes" Damian would be disappointed.

Poo, I'm sorry Fel. I bet your essay was really awesome but your teacher was just being an ass. My sister is an English major. She writes very beautifully and yet she always get nasty teacher who want to throw out unsuggestive criticism.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 28 2007, 08:16 PM)
    Um, gee, any guess what animal I would be?....

.... image

Ah, yes, I would be a bedazzaled ok go roach broach

eeck! A roach broach! call the glam exterminator! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I would definitely be a parrot... they can fly, they can talk, they mate for life, their diet is delish, they never go unnoticed and they're adorabubble! Oh, and did I mention they're the most handsome creatures ever too? Plus, they're indispensable pirate accesories...woot!

Rosa

• ^^ those reasons to become a parot are by far the coolest I've ever heard laugh.gif

Aww, I'm at a Bohemian sort of coffee shop right now. There's a live band playing. They're taking a break and going around to get e-mail addresses to join their mailing list and passing out bumper stickers. Makes me nostalgic and wonder what it was like for Damian and Tim starting out.
  • I'M GOING TO SEE THE BECKETT SHORTS WITH BARYSHNIKOV

Oh god. I feel very lucky to have a boyfriend who is willing (and actually seems to enjoy) going to the theatre with me.
    Last year it was Evil Dead: the Musical. I think we're moving up in seeing more classy plays, but that doesn't mean I have to act it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUJU9N7g5E
    Oh my lord I love him (just go to 2:20. oh god. Just ignore the lady crying.)
  • When the cops come all I hear is WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!
  • Ok, so I know there's a drunken thread, but I can't find it at the moment. All I can say is 3 saki bombs, a sappora beer, and 2 margaritas later, and I'm only a little bit dizzy, not really drunk at all. My roomates took me out for saki bombs and sushi then drinks to try to use me to hook up with girls. Didn't work. But I did appreciate their slightly drunken passes at me. I know they were only kidding, but they do know how to make me feel pretty. Clayton is hillarious drunk. His hillbilly accent gets more profound. Jose is suave no matter the circumstances. Anyway, I just wanted to brag that I drank all that and barely feel dizzy. wink.gif But I wouldn't push it by drinking more. Clayton, Jose, you are awesome to go out with!

Oh, and I asked the DJ to play Ok Go. He said he didn't have any of their music. But shortly later, Get Over It came on and I went nuts dancing!
  • teampe!!! all i knows. i s i saw you sasid somethin about being drunkk I M DURNK TOO!!!!
  • FUCK! youf got eot hear ok go?!?!?! NOT FAIRE! i gots stuck wiht peopl who can'st sing AND pldaying the pioano. wooops
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 30 2007, 12:47 AM)
    teampe!!! all i knows. i s i saw you sasid somethin about being drunkk I M DURNK TOO!!!!

Lol! Yeah, I noticed you are wink.gif
    I requested that the nerdy DJ play Ok Go, and finally he did
  • Katie, you make me smile. You're an extremely cute drunk! Drunken posts are the best part of this place.

Newbury Comics is selling "Masshole" and "This is Boston. Not New York" shirts. I want one. I love walking around the city at night while listening to Th Fratellis. I walk right thru the crowds and narrowly avoid being run over by cars while singing out loud.

Yesterday this old woman looked around at the mass of college kids on the subway and said, "where is everybody going?"
    And I don't know if she was talking to herself or what, but I smiled and said, "Out."
    And then she said, "Are you going out?"
    I replied, "No. I'm going home." She smiled warmly. She kept staring at my shopping bags tho...I wasn't lying, really. I had already gone out and now I was going home. Then she panicked and wondered aloud what stop we were at. Nobody answered her, so I had to tell her.

I take the subway to go absolutely everywhere and always have. This has yielded an inordinate amount of subway stories and a sigh-worthy familiarity with which bums live on which platforms. I've noticed that old men on the subway tend to be chatty. This can be irritating. Old women tend to look around disapprovingly or they look confused. The business men play with their PDAs, read their papers, or if they're young, make loud jokes with their friends. If the T gets stuck (which is often), we all complain about it together. And of course there's the usual drunk guys. My favorite MBTA memory is when this woman from Texas and her kid got on and started to talk to this old guy. She homeschooled her kid and was taking him here to see historical stuff. And everything they said was so right-wing. And when she got off, we started to make fun of her (well, I didn't, really). It was so funny- complete strangers brought together by their dislike for right-wing attitudes...it was like Masshole togetherness.

There are a lot of cute guys on the subway. However, they're all going somewhere, so it's not really a good place to meet ppl.

So ends that.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 30 2007, 02:48 AM)
    FUCK! youf got eot hear ok go?!?!?! NOT FAIRE! i gots stuck wiht peopl who can'st sing AND pldaying the pioano. wooops

This is a direct result of me finding out they DO play OK Go in bars... we were at a dueling piano bar last night, and while one of the players was sort of cute, he had an awful singing voice... either way, they played a few of our requests but did NOT play MMMBop or Spice girls. Damn them.

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Nov 30 2007, 08:58 AM)
    Katie, you make me smile. You're an extremely cute drunk! Drunken posts are the best part of this place.

Hhaha awww thanks. I don't even have to try smile.gif I just drink, and it works I suppose
  • tempe... i saw this and immediately thought of you

• QUOTE (Tabetha @ Nov 30 2007, 02:58 PM)
    I love walking around the city at night while listening to Th Fratellis. I walk right thru the crowds and narrowly avoid being run over by cars while singing out loud.

I have a horrible voice otherwise I'd probably be doing the same thing, but the Fratellis are perfect to dance to and dancing while walking is rather nice, too... smile.gif

Anyway, I think this will be the last post for three days (omg... and I really aimed the chatty monkey....) as my friends come visit me until sunday and they're not really into OK Go and... well, they think I spend too much time with everything that has to do with OK Go... oh well...

This also means I have to go out (it rains... sad.gif ) and pick one of my friends up... after I just arrived...

All of this drunkness here makes me want to drink...is that healthy? smile.gif
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Nov 30 2007, 02:57 PM)
    All of this drunkness here makes me want to drink...is that healthy? smile.gif

YEs it is!! Drink away lady Mayo smile.gif
  • Tempe, Clayton and Jose sound AWESOME!!
    And well done for handling your drink so well! Hehe smile.gif

And have fun Mayo!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 30 2007, 10:38 AM)
    tempe... i saw this and immediately thought of you

^^^^Um, er, wow! All that cake needs are gum drops to represent bedazzaling jewels! I wish I had photoshop skillz
    Lol, can I put that pic on Roachie's myspace?

Mayo, have fun with your friends. Don't worry, you'll brainwash them into loving Ok Go. I did it to my roomate at Hopi. We were only together for a month and a half and yet she became fascinated by the ok go.

Electra, you're making me want to go drinking with you. It'd be way radder than drinking with Clayton and Jose. Clayton and Jose apologized profusely to me this morning for things they couldn't remember doing the night before. They didn't do anything but be hillarious, but they were afraid I'd think they were crude. I think my new fav fascination are silly guys when they get drunk. They get even more hillarious.

Holy shizzle! "Beauty and the Geek" is having a casting call not too far from my house.

WTF!!! Why is "Denver and the Mile High Orchesta" STILL in "The Next Great American Band." Noooo, my fav band "Tres Bien" got voted off!!!

I am so very very random today, and here's why. I just drove what should've been a mere 2.5 hour drive in 3.5 hours due to a heavy rain storm. Gah, I'm so glad to be back in Phoenix metro (the city of Tempe is apart of Phoenix metro). Gosh, I always hate being away from my city! Booo, Flagstaff.
  • So I don't know if any of you guys have ever seen the show Dead Like Me. Anyway, I was very excited when I found this on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCjD9Ldlins
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Dec 1 2007, 12:26 AM)
    So I don't know if any of you guys have ever seen the show Dead Like Me. Anyway, I was very excited when I found this on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCjD9Ldlins

Lol, that's awesome! Most fanvids of shows that use Ok Go songs aren't very good. This one is very entertaining.
  • oh boy oh boy oh boy! I just entered an internet café and couldn't help noticing this was the wallpaper on one of the computers, woot!

Rosa
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 1 2007, 03:02 AM)
    Electra, you're making me want to go drinking with you. It'd be way radder than drinking with Clayton and Jose. Clayton and Jose apologized profusely to me this morning for things they couldn't remember doing the night before. They didn't do anything but be hillarious, but they were afraid I'd think they were crude. I think my new fav fascination are silly guys when they get drunk. They get even more hillarious.

Tempe I'd LOVE to go drinking with you! If only I had longer in Arizona when I visit next year.. damn. OK, how about you, me, Clayton and Jose. THAT would be hilarious biggrin.gif