In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• another one...

ykyow... you have to read a 10 page theory thing on analysing poetry and you choose NOT to do that and instead make a new OK Go T- Shirt, this time dedicated to Tim, with bass and the Glockenspiel wink.gif ( I think I should post it (the picture) on the fanart thread though...)
  • YKYOW...you're watching the special features on The Beatles' "A Hard Day's Night" and when one of the guys talking about the film mentions something about the Beatles having a "golden treadmill" you stop and giggle idiotically. biggrin.gif

I'm not surprised my first post is in this thread, haha. smile.gif

• Yey! Welcome fellow Beatle lover! tongue.gif

The DWYW tour video always makes me think of A Hard Days Night.

• Welcome applelye! Cool name by the way. I want a golden treadmill...and a golden goose too.
  • YKYOW:

You've developed this annoying little habit of synchronizing everyone song you're listening to to the AMW's video.

(You bet it's annoying. My roomate's about to go crazy)
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Jan 15 2008, 08:42 PM)
    Welcome applelye! Cool name by the way. I want a golden treadmill...and a golden goose too.

thank you for the welcome, guys. yeah, I'm not really sure how I got this name, but it was late at night and I wanted some pictures of DK, and you have to be a member to view attachments, so I decided to join...'What To Do' has been stuck in my head ever since I bought the Live in SoHo album off iTunes, and the line "have an apple, have some lye" always loops round and round for me. so I guess that's how I invented it. I can't really remember, heh.

anyways, YKYOW...you enthusiastically make fake plans to go to an OK Go concert with a fellow (although not quite as obsessed) fan, including a trip to South Africa. so enthusiastically, in fact, that your classmates start to believe you, and when you jokingly tell them you're going to South Africa for a concert next month, they ask in a serious voice, "Really?!"

ahaha. I've gotten quite a few looks from my imaginary planning.
  • Oh, OK. I was thinking it had something to do with WTD...

and in response to your "South Africa" trip...I told my friends I went to an OK Go concert last Friday. haha I meant the Tipitina's webcast...
  • QUOTE (applelye @ Jan 15 2008, 07:13 PM)
    anyways, YKYOW...you enthusiastically make fake plans to go to an OK Go concert with a fellow (although not quite as obsessed) fan, including a trip to South Africa. so enthusiastically, in fact, that your classmates start to believe you, and when you jokingly tell them you're going to South Africa for a concert next month, they ask in a serious voice, "Really?!"

Haha. If I told my friends that, they wouldn't be surprised at all, but that's probably because I have traveled great distances to see OK Go.

Welcome to boards!!
  • thank you, also, ezorvera, for the welcome. wink.gif

yeah, I also watched Tipitina's webcast and told my friend I'd gone to my first OK Go concert, hah. she just stared at me. (yes, sadly I haven't actually attended an OK Go concert in person. yet. waiting for them to stop by Texas when I can see them...)

I've only been to one concert ever (sad) and it was in Austin...not exactly a "great distance," heheh.

so, that brings me to today's YKYOW...you're in charge of designing the characters for your Spanish presentation, and you unconsciously make one of the characters look like Tim.

to explain: we have to make a commercial for a product (ours is soda) in my Spanish class, and we're using Popsicle stick puppets. So I was drawing one of the faces, and when I finished, I noticed I'd made him bald, with Tim glasses, and sideburns. It was eerie, since I wasn't even trying to. So I suggested hopefully that we could name him Tim, but my group members didn't like it so we settled for Jim. lol.
  • haha, I'd love to see that!!
  • QUOTE (applelye @ Jan 16 2008, 04:32 PM)
    thank you, also, ezorvera, for the welcome. wink.gif

so, that brings me to today's YKYOW...you're in charge of designing the characters for your Spanish presentation, and you unconsciously make one of the characters look like Tim.

to explain: we have to make a commercial for a product (ours is soda) in my Spanish class, and we're using Popsicle stick puppets. So I was drawing one of the faces, and when I finished, I noticed I'd made him bald, with Tim glasses, and sideburns. It was eerie, since I wasn't even trying to. So I suggested hopefully that we could name him Tim, but my group members didn't like it so we settled for Jim. lol.

El Senior Norwind perhaps? Oh well, Nordwind sort of rhymes with Jim (Tim and Jim too, but it didn't occur to me that that's a rhyme until after re-reading this, lol) wink.gif
    Aww, but think of how cute a Tim popsicle puppet named Jim really is
  • Well, even if our video makes its way onto the Internet, I think our bad acting, not to mention our accidental but unavoidable butchering of pronunciation of the Spanish language, will stop me from posting it here. However, I *will* try to convince my friend to take a picture of Jim with her camera, because I'd like to preserve it. and then I can share! biggrin.gif

yes, I think the puppet's going to be adorable. we were only doing character sketches today. which are very primitive looking, btw...just a simple smiley face. but I think they'll turn out well.

to keep with the YKYOW trend...(yes, I have tons of these tongue.gif but I guess we all do...)

YKYOW...you spend two days trying to convince your Internet friend in Canada via email that Damian is hot. After raiding the "Damian is hot" thread and bombarding her with pictures, I only managed to get her to say he has a nice ass (and I'm kind of sure she was serious.) However, she says Damian's face looks baked, haha. Oh well, I had to try it anyway.
  • ^^^ it's aggravating when people don't understand their attractiveness...
    but that's why we congregate here to squee with people who understand our obsessions!
    yayyyyyyy

haha you know you're obsessed when you create a thread about being obsessed?
    win.

also, you know you're obsessed when the phrase "Not breathing can cause you to die" pops into your head about five times in one day. biggrin.gif
  • ykyow
    you see a Blue Man Group ad that says, "Dazzling, dangerous and bald" and you think "Tim!"
  • you know you're obsessed when...

the following situation makes you think that today is a perfect day:

happened like 2 hours ago after my language studies class. I was standing outside with a girl from my class.

Girl: who's that guy next to you on the picture? (she's referring to a students Internet forum thing...)
    Me: Tim Nordwind, bassist of OK Go, met him in London, he's- ...(here I realize that I'm about to talk about random facts and I stop myself)
    Girl: Oh, really, he looks really cool, I thought he's your boyfriend...
    Me: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (quietly, I don't know the girl all that long, so I don't want to scare her off...haha)

I was so so tempted to open my jacket and show her the Tim shirt I wore (yes, it's all cleaned up and wonderful...) but it was really cold, hehe..
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 17 2008, 08:07 AM)
    Girl: Oh, really, he looks really cool, I thought he's your boyfriend...
    Me: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (quietly, I don't know the girl all that long, so I don't want to scare her off...haha)

aaawwww... I would have positively dropped to the ground! It's so adorable when non-Ok Go fans get confussed like that! I was once asked if J0rge was a friend of mine and I was like huh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif (exactly in that order).
  • YKYOW...your friend from high school sends a group email with the link to HIGA, completely unaware of your obsession with OK Go or even that they're actually a band, and you dig up every OK Go music video you can find on Youtube to send everyone. And when they enjoy the videos you're so proud you could cry.
  • QUOTE (frielanor @ Jan 18 2008, 07:58 AM)
    YKYOW...your friend from high school sends a group email with the link to HIGA, completely unaware of your obsession with OK Go or even that they're actually a band, and you dig up every OK Go music video you can find on Youtube to send everyone. And when they enjoy the videos you're so proud you could cry.

GUILTY! I've done this LOADS of times.
  • YKYOW...you have dreams about posting on the board.

So in the dream, Andy was using the boards to give away the DNLBATW CDs and people would nominate themselves or other people to get a CD and then everyone would vote (kind of like forum dedication I guess). I looked at the list and noticed that Katie's name wasn't there, so I was going to nominate her. Then while I was commenting, I noticed that my name was on the list with two votes, so I started writing that I already had a copy, so I should be taken off the list and my votes should go to someone else, but before I could post my comment, I somehow traveled back in time to when some sort of war was going on and it turned into a completely different dream.