In this Discussion

February 2, 2008 - DC SHOW!

Comments

• Is there an age limit for this show?
  • ang and i will be upgrading tomorrow smile.gif
  • From the 9:30 Club Website...

"Q: How old do you have to be to get in?
    A: We request that our patrons be born. That's about it. All Ages, All the time."

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Jan 23 2008, 07:58 PM)
    From the 9:30 Club Website...

"Q: How old do you have to be to get in?
    A: We request that our patrons be born. That's about it. All Ages, All the time."

smile.gif

WHAT!?
    That just made my day. Even though its 5 and a half hours away. Thanks!!

Edit: Hmm, I just looked at the FAQ again, since it seemed like you got it from there, and somehow I missed it.
  • My mom said no. sad.gif I might ask again later though because I didn't really ask her at the best time.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 23 2008, 06:41 PM)
    My mom said no. sad.gif I might ask again later though because I didn't really ask her at the best time.

Yes, yes. Try again later! Maybe she was just overwhelmed by something else.
  • I asked my dad, and the VIP tickets seemed to persuade him, but I'm not sure what he'll say-especially with the price of gas.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 23 2008, 03:24 PM)
    According to the latest blog on myspace, we can upgrade. I called the box office and they weren't sure how to do it, so they're calling me back after work.

For those people staying with me, I'm sorry if you can't afford the upgrade. Adam's not interested in upgrading, so he'll go back to the car if you guys end up getting kicked out of the club and you can go with him.

EDIT: Hahahah, K, you and I have so much time on our hands.

I'm totally upgrading. I kinda feel like we're in that tampon commercial about upgrading. I know, ew, but that is totally what this feels like.

I guess Adam's gonna be all alone in the car now that all of us are upgrading sad.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 23 2008, 11:14 PM)
    I guess Adam's gonna be all alone in the car now that all of us are upgrading sad.gif

I told Adam and he was pretty okay with it. He's going to bring his Nintendo DS and there's a bar downstairs where he can hang out. So he'll be alright.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 23 2008, 10:29 PM)
    I told Adam and he was pretty okay with it. He's going to bring his Nintendo DS and there's a bar downstairs where he can hang out. So he'll be alright.

Ooh, I'm bringing mine to play with on the plane. However, I only have Brain Age 2 right now.
  • Adam sounds like a trooper! But I'm sure he's used to this sort of thing haha smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Jan 24 2008, 09:24 AM)
    Adam sounds like a trooper! But I'm sure he's used to this sort of thing haha smile.gif

It's a little of both, I'm afraid. My family is all quite used to me by now. It barely phases them anymore.
  • well. looks like ang and i will be waiting afterwards sad.gif they're all gone

edit: i should say as of RIGHT now, there's one left.
  • Rachel...Becky...it's all on you guys to make the boys feel bad for us so they will let us inside or something biggrin.gif
  • Oh gosh guys, I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel any better I got SCREWED in "handling and service charges" - DON'T tell Adam!
  • Alright. I just called and I spoke with two people. The first guy said they were sold out, but if there were any left, they'd be on the website. When I said that a friend had called and was told that there was one left like 10 minutes earlier, he switched me over to another guy. I asked again for the upgrade and he said that they were sold out, only a limited number were available. I knew that I should have called earlier this morning.

So, after being heartbroken for like a second, I decided to go on the website to see if it was still up there. The $60 ticket was still there. So, I clicked on it as if to pay for it. It took me through the rigamarole as the last time I got the GENADM ticket. And because I am that obsessed, I paid for this ticket, no upgrade.

And now I went back to the webpage again, the VIP ticket option is gone. I guess there was only one left and I got it. Go me! And go charity! And go credit card sad.gif I'm really not gonna like my bill next month.

So, Kalinda, if you ask your mom again and she says yes, I have an extra ticket.

I'm really pushing the envelope of what I wouldn't do for this band.

Edited to add:
    Angie and Katie, I will totally see what I can do to get you guys in.

Rachel, I think I'm the most screwed over. A service charge and shipping? It's not being shipped, it's at freakin' will call. *disgusted*
  • Becky that story is ridiculous. They refunded my one ticket so that I could buy the second without being overcharged, although I had to buy the second through the website.

I agree about that charge for Will Call. That's completely unreasonable, and yeah, I had to pay it too. And can you believe it - the service charge DOUBLED from the first time I bought tickets.

And they say Ticketmaster is the only bad ticket company. Boooo Tickets.com.
  • all that stuff is b.s... it's funny what they'll do "in the name of charity" yeah. okay. f tickets.com

i however, am still, if not more super psyched for this show. ang and i have a lil' som'som up our sleevies
  • Bah! Evil ticket companies! Why do these companines want to be so evil?

I pretty much say this for every show with several attending boardies: take me with you?
  • OH MY GOD! I just read the news... there's going to be a meet & greet and the four of you gals are in for it???!!! That's going to be so wonderful! Congrats!
    I tell you girls, I'll be needing tons of pics of this event in order to get over this gigantic surge of envy. wink.gif ...oh, who am I kidding, I'm sooo happy for you all! I just wish I could go too! stupid Caribbean Sea keeping me away from OK Go... dry.gif

Rosa smile.gif

p.s. Rachel, are you ready for yet another snuggle? laugh.gif