In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 6 2008, 11:00 PM)
    -Tim Tams
    -finding a place that sells Cadbury Crunchies

Now that's what I call happy list worthy.

(you have a PM. I'm going to bed now but I fully expect a response when I get to work in the morning, yeah?)
  • Mine for this week:

- Boy [said boy as last time].
    - My partner for my talent management project. Looks like he was a former member of Kings of Leon . . . he looks like a god to me. smile.gif
    - Girl Talk/painting parties.
    - Loan refunds [boy do I love those].
    - Having paint on my face.
    - the journal I bought today. It's quite lovely lookin'.
    - Western Humanites. We're reading the Odyssey and my teacher has a British accent, so when he reads he sounds like a really good voice-over guy. It's fun.
    - My new job. [It makes me happy for now. At least I don't have to wear a uniform].
    - Simon & Garfunkel's Cecilia.
    - Fake Buddy Holly glasses. I might need real ones soon, though.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 6 2008, 08:00 PM)
    -Tim Tams
    -finding a place that sells Cadbury Crunchies

I found a British store in San Diego. It is all sorts of amazing. Complete with freshly baked black currant scones.
    It makes me immensely happy.
    smile.gif
  • When busy weeks are over and I have fun weekend things to look forward to smile.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Feb 7 2008, 03:05 PM)
    I found a British store in San Diego. It is all sorts of amazing. Complete with freshly baked black currant scones.
    It makes me immensely happy.
    smile.gif

That sounds wonderful. I still hope to find a place in San Francisco that makes Cornish Pasties. That would make me so happy.

-Chinese New Year
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 8 2008, 01:53 AM)
    That sounds wonderful. I still hope to find a place in San Francisco that makes Cornish Pasties. That would make me so happy.

My dad makes the best Cornish pasties ever. Come to London and I'll get him to make you one biggrin.gif

Oooh and you just reminded me - I'm going to be in San Francisco this summer!!! YAY!
    Late night conversations with Mel and Rachel make me happy.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 8 2008, 08:00 AM)
    My dad makes the best Cornish pasties ever. Come to London and I'll get him to make you one biggrin.gif

OK. Be there in, oh, about 25 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(What's a Cornish Pasty?)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 8 2008, 01:29 PM)
    OK. Be there in, oh, about 25 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(What's a Cornish Pasty?)

WOOOO!!!

A Cornish pasty is a traditional food from Cornwall (hence Cornish). It's like a pastry parcel filled with potato, swede, onion, and beef (or cheese if you don't eat beef), and it's bloody yum.
  • That sounds unbelievable. What's Swede, though? I see that and think kind of a Sweeney Todd situation (which is unlikely, considering the fact you don't even eat cows).
  • This is swede:

It's a little like a turnip, but it's kind of orange in colour. It's very nice. Hopefully my dad'll be free while you're in London, and you can come over and try a pasty biggrin.gif I'll check with him!
  • FINALLY heard back about a phone interview I had with a company in Chicago for an internship this summer asking for a second interview, but in person this time!

This will be a tough one as SO many people apply for it....

I'm pumped though smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 8 2008, 01:02 PM)
    FINALLY heard back about a phone interview I had with a company in Chicago for an internship this summer asking for a second interview, but in person this time!

congrats and good luck on the second interview!..
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 8 2008, 02:02 PM)
    FINALLY heard back about a phone interview I had with a company in Chicago for an internship this summer asking for a second interview, but in person this time!

YAY ANGIE!!!!!!!!! That internship will be yours! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 8 2008, 01:02 PM)

Good luck Angie!
  • Eric got me Rock Band for our PS2 for a combined Valentine's/early birthday gift! I totally played Damian last night and I scored 100%. Sure, it was on easy mode, but I rocked the shit out of it.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 8 2008, 01:00 PM)

Oooh and you just reminded me - I'm going to be in San Francisco this summer!!! YAY!

oh nice! =p
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 8 2008, 02:02 PM)

helllllz mothafuckin yeah.

lets just hope i get to do my dream internship this summer blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 8 2008, 05:00 AM)

Now I'm really craving Cornish pasties. I did some searching and found a place that sells them. I'm gonna check it out later and see if it's any good.

When are you going to be here? We should meet up or something.

QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 8 2008, 11:02 AM)

Awesome! Good luck on the second interview!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 9 2008, 07:50 PM)
    When are you going to be here? We should meet up or something.

YESSSS! Erm.. I'm there for 10 days, sometime in August - I've forgotten when exactly. But that'd definitely be cool. smile.gif

Congrats Angie, and good luck!!
    Wifey, what's your dream internship?
  • Thanks everyone biggrin.gif