In this Discussion

Grant Park May 16, 2008

Comments

• So will it be posted on the shows page when they have tickets or any other info? Cuz I am totally going to go!
  • More info from okgo.net:

Manifest Urban Arts Festival Free show open to the public, onstage at 8pm

Sounds like a day full of fun things to do.
  • ahhh! i'm so excited! and school will be out so i can head out earlierrrr ahh! yes smile.gif
  • PHEW. I am hauling ass from Madison after my brother's graduation that gets over at like 330...in theory this should work out perfectly. Keeping my fingers crossed cool.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 20 2008, 01:50 PM)
    PHEW. I am hauling ass from Madison after my brother's graduation that gets over at like 330...in theory this should work out perfectly. Keeping my fingers crossed cool.gif

Madison, WI or Madison, MI?
  • This is the same weekend as Chicago Great Places & Spaces (or Spaces & Places?) - it's like a weekend festival for people who like architecture, and Chicago has some great buildings. I wanted to go a year or so ago but didn't make it. Hotels may fill up quickly.

Midwestern boardies might want to check out the Megabus, with very low-cost bus travel between Midwest cities. The buses are nice, too! megabus.com

The food hall on the lower level of the Macy's on State Street (the old Marshall Field's) is a good place to eat - lots of options and not too expensive.

(okay, end of travel agent spiel) smile.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 20 2008, 08:19 PM)
    Madison, WI or Madison, MI?

Wisconsin smile.gif I had no idea there was a Madison, MI. I've only lived here 15 years...yips. But yes I am hoping to be in the city by 6pm.

I am SO so proud of my big brother for graduating law school, but I am going to be VERY anxious that afternoon for his ceremony will be over haha. rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 21 2008, 08:10 AM)
    Wisconsin smile.gif I had no idea there was a Madison, MI. I've only lived here 15 years...yips. But yes I am hoping to be in the city by 6pm.

I am SO so proud of my big brother for graduating law school, but I am going to be VERY anxious that afternoon for his ceremony will be over haha. rolleyes.gif

I thought it was UWM, but wanted to be sure. You'll have plenty of time to get here, it's like a 2 and a half hour drive. And congrats to your brother for graduating law school! A friend of mine graduated last year (John Marshall Law School) and is working on passing the Bar.
  • hello Madison! I live near Milwaukee.

My family and I are planning on going. Thanks for posting it! We will take the train from Milwaukee to Chicago, it's less stressful than driving in Chicago. If you see a crazy redhead with two teenagers and a bald guy...that's me with my family;)

I can't wait for some warm weather and a chance to be outside.
  • ^^^ Another redheaded boardie?? tongue.gif
    should have known...

anyways, it sounds like so many boardies are going to this!!

*isjealous*

*stabs New England for not being near anywhere else*
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 20 2008, 02:56 PM)
    More info from okgo.net:

Manifest Urban Arts Festival Free show open to the public, onstage at 8pm

Sounds like a day full of fun things to do.

So OK Go IS playing at my school's Festival [aka Manifest].

Thank you Dan Konopka for attending Columbia smile.gif

Damn, Columbia has the coolest alumni . . .
  • hey all! I just wanted to give a heads up for hotels.

We booked our rooms last night. We called 3 Hotels, 1 of which owns 8 other hotels in that area and told us all their rooms were sold out for that weekend. Another Hotel told us that they had rooms available for $495 a night!!! Our rooms went up $10 while booking them online. I think it's going to be a packed event.

So, if you are planning on staying in Chicago in a hotel, book now!

• Yeah it will be extremely packed. It was packed last year when Lupe Fiasco headlined and he's not even that awesome.
  • Yeesh. Looks like I will be making a one-nighter out of this show.
  • Oh man, will I be getting home late. This is also the weekend before finals week, eek. I can fit my studying in other times, I guess... I think OK Go and my academics are of almost equal importance. laugh.gif
  • Gah, it's not on the shows page anymore. It's still up at High Road, though.

*zoinks*
  • sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what?!
  • Yep, that's what went through my mind.
  • Don't worry; that happened before with other shows. As long as it's on High Road, I wouldn't worry, dears.