In this Discussion

Grant Park May 16, 2008

Comments

• QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 13 2008, 10:28 AM)
    Don't worry; that happened before with other shows. As long as it's on High Road, I wouldn't worry, dears.

does that mean that they're probably still playing? i completely freaked out when i saw that it wasn't on the shows list anymore. How will we know for sure if they're playing or not. cuz i live in indiana and it would suck if i drove all the way up to chicago and they weren't even there sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 13 2008, 09:28 AM)
    Don't worry; that happened before with other shows. As long as it's on High Road, I wouldn't worry, dears.

You're right. But it still kinda makes me nervous.
  • Oh, man, my heart stopped for a second.

Even though it's on High Road, I probably won't go until it's back up on the shows page. It's a three-hour drive, and I think somewhere around six of my friends are coming with me. I'd hate to go all that way the weekend before finals week to find that they aren't there. mellow.gif
  • They're still playing. Columbia announced it a couple of weeks ago to the students, and there are posters all over the school buildings advertising Manifest with OK Go's little logo on it.

I'll take a photo of it sometime to show ya'll.
  • ^^^ PHEW. Thanks for easing our nerves about that one wink.gif
  • Yes! this makes me feel so much better
  • thaaaank you, jade smile.gif
  • it's back up on the shows list!!
  • Manifest 2008 presents OKGo in Grant Park, Upper Hutchinson, 8pm. This concert is a free but ticketed event! Check back for details on how to get your ticket.

The above is on both the Shows page and on Columbia's Manifest page.
  • Oh shit...
    So, when we find out how to get tickets... will someone let me know? I have a friend who lives in Chicago (Becky, you met her, Marci) and I can have her get me tickets if need be...
  • Well, I work a little less than a mile from Columbia and I have a friend that is currently enrolled there. So, hopefully, we should have all our bases covered. I'm also checking the site daily like the OCD person I am.

Who knew that there'd be tickets?!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 9 2008, 10:26 AM)
    Oh shit...
    So, when we find out how to get tickets... will someone let me know? I have a friend who lives in Chicago (Becky, you met her, Marci) and I can have her get me tickets if need be...

Where are you two staying? I was thinking that if you decided on a hotel, I could split the cost with you and whomever else.

Also I was thinking that if you two are road-tripping, I will come up by train for the Chi show, then deadhead with you back to Indy the next day. And in exchange you get a free night at Casa T'Dog (or rather ex-Casa, as I no longer live with mommy).
  • hey guys!!

So I have been checking REGULARLY on this to find out how to get tix, but no word yet? Anyone else have some info?

Anyway, I would LOVE to meet up with some of you guys! I need to hang out with others who share the obsession!

I was thinking about trying to convince my husband to go, but it wouldn't be as fun, as he doesn't quite get it, you know?

GET AT ME!
    PM ME!!

• Info has finally been posted on how to get tickets here.

-I am not a current student/faculty/staff- how do I get a ticket?
    The Manifest website will update on May 15th to let the general public and our community know if there are any tickets left. If there are, they will be distributed on May 16th somewhere on campus- the location will be announced on the website May 15th

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 25 2008, 06:53 PM)
    Info has finally been posted on how to get tickets here.

The Manifest website will update on May 15th to let the general public and our community know if there are any tickets left. If there are, they will be distributed on May 16th somewhere on campus- the location will be announced on the website May 15th

hey thanks for the info

well, I don't think i'll be driving down from mpls just to maybe get a ticket. ahhh wellllll
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 25 2008, 06:53 PM)
    The Manifest website will update on May 15th to let the general public and our community know if there are any tickets left.

sad.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Apr 25 2008, 11:13 PM)
    sad.gif

That is exactly what my face looked like when I read that.
  • my heart is sinking
  • i was screaming in agony when i saw this sad.gif
  • I got my tickets on Monday.

There is still hope for you guys though. My friend who works the ticket office at Columbia told me they will be handing out tickets where they're playing the day of [I'm not sure if that's for students or everyone in general], so for you guys who live in the Chicago area, it may be worth a shot.

Otherwise, Manifest should still be a shit ton of fun. Lots of good bands are playing that everyone can see.