In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• Post-treadmill OK Go guys ponder next big thing
    Article about Tim, new album, the show, and Kalamazoo

"We don't do (choreographed dancing) as much anymore 'cause it is kind of expected, so it's not quite as pleasing, or it's not as much of a thrill. But we sort of try to incorporate other things that aren't what you'd see every night, or not what you'd expect at a normal rock show." - Tim

Man, I'm never gonna see them do the backyard dance. *mumbles incoherently*

Nordwind hopes to see an early 2009 release. Now in the writing process, the band plans to record by summer and finish by fall.

2009?!?!? What the frick!
  • i especially liked this article... talking about Tim and his home state/city smile.gif
    minus the fact that an early 2009 release is expected... boo. but i'll take what i can get!!!!
  • gaaah! I guess the wait will make it that much better when it does come out.

But really, I can't wait to hear their first single.
  • Article about the 10,000 Hours show tonight in IA.

Finding joy in discontent.

It's actually a very good article. Go Damian!
  • OK Go provides laughs, music at Calvin College

GRAND RAPIDS — "This isn't supposed to be a comedy show," said OK Go lead singer and guitarist Damian Kulash from atop the Calvin College Fine Arts Center stage Wednesday evening.

Just noticed that they put Damian's name as Nathan lol
  • i thought this started out funny, but the end pissed me off, so i made a comment. it is a blog, but. whatever.

http://www.josiahland.com/?p=204#comment-281
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 27 2008, 08:22 PM)
    i thought this started out funny, but the end pissed me off, so i made a comment. it is a blog, but. whatever.

http://www.josiahland.com/?p=204#comment-281

That is so retarded
  • well at least you corrected him, Katie. I hope he fully appreciates how amazing they really are.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 27 2008, 12:37 PM)
    OK Go provides laughs, music at Calvin College

GRAND RAPIDS — "This isn't supposed to be a comedy show," said OK Go lead singer and guitarist Damian Kulash from atop the Calvin College Fine Arts Center stage Wednesday evening.

Just noticed that they put Damian's name as Nathan lol

Yeah, posted this in the Calvin College thread already.

And here's another interesting thing -

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...ft=1&f=1021

Damian on NPR. Can't wait to get home to listen to this!
  • Don't get me wrong here, but is it just me or does NPR have a filter to make everyone talk slower? I've never heard Damian speak so slowly before. LOL But hearing his voice like that makes him sound like the incredibly smart guy he is. he should be on NPR more often. biggrin.gif

and to top it off, they used the UK Surf version (which I love). but still, everything just seems slower on NPR.

• QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Apr 28 2008, 08:34 PM)
    Don't get me wrong here, but is it just me or does NPR have a filter to make everyone talk slower? I've never heard Damian speak so slowly before. LOL But hearing his voice like that makes him sound like the incredibly smart guy he is. he should be on NPR more often. biggrin.gif

Lol, I agree. I picture the NPR engineer having to keep say, "Cut! You're talking to fast. This is radio....No wait, cut cut!"
    ....Damian should read children's books on tape. laugh.gif

(BTW, maybe a stupid question, but where/how can I buy the UK surfer version of HIGA?)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 29 2008, 12:11 AM)
    (BTW, maybe a stupid question, but where/how can I buy the UK surfer version of HIGA?)

iTunes. biggrin.gif

As to the slowly talking thing, I'll bet anything he was reading slowly from a prepared statement. He's worked at NPR, he knows the deal. And it's not like he's being interviewed and answering questions on the fly, he probably figured out what he was going to say, typed it up, and read it in a recording studio. Like when he testified for congress he slowed down his usual pace.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 28 2008, 11:11 PM)
    ....Damian should read children's books on tape. laugh.gif

Hahaha THAT would be genius...I want to listen to him read, like, a book on tape or something. He could make a boring book very interesting I'm sure smile.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 29 2008, 07:04 AM)
    As to the slowly talking thing, I'll bet anything he was reading slowly from a prepared statement. He's worked at NPR, he knows the deal. And it's not like he's being interviewed and answering questions on the fly, he probably figured out what he was going to say, typed it up, and read it in a recording studio. Like when he testified for congress he slowed down his usual pace.

What hasn't Damian done?
  • Look what I stumbled upon when I opened up the Chicago Sun Times this morning over a bowl of Cheerios smile.gifsmile.gif

Here's the article online:
    No Run-of-the Treadmill Band

Edit: I reposted the pictures because they weren't showing up for some reason...weird.
  • ohmy.gif the pictures aren't showing up.

That's so cool of them to stop by at the university. They're wearing normal clothes! It's nice to see them more relaxed like that.

Now I'm imagining a private Ok Go concert in my backyard...randomness...
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ May 17 2008, 06:51 PM)
    ohmy.gif the pictures aren't showing up.

That's so cool of them to stop by at the university. They're wearing normal clothes! It's nice to see them more relaxed like that.

Now I'm imagining a private Ok Go concert in my backyard...randomness...

I would Love a private concert in my backyard biggrin.gif That would be awesome
  • Not sure if this has been posted but here it goes...
    Want to write a song?