In this Discussion

This Too Shall Pass Vids

Comments

• I'm so stoked about this! Whenever I listen to music in general, I imagine visuals and possible music videos for it, making OK Go the perfect band for me smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 25 2010, 09:59 PM)
    vid will be on the okgo website, at 4pm East USA time, so thats like, midnight for moi

Dami will interduce it, and then awnser questions right after, all through the magic of live stream

Just for the sake of those who don't realize it, I'm going to correct Andy and say that it's 4pm PACIFIC time, which is 7pm Eastern. Which is still midnight for you, Andy. I just want to make sure that everyone else realizes what time it is so they're not tuning in 3 hours early.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 26 2010, 01:22 PM)
    Just for the sake of those who don't realize it, I'm going to correct Andy and say that it's 4pm PACIFIC time, which is 7pm Eastern. Which is still midnight for you, Andy. I just want to make sure that everyone else realizes what time it is so they're not tuning in 3 hours early.

i do apologise, if you can work out the time diffrence, i did post that at 3am my time =p

cheers for the correction rachey

<3
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 26 2010, 09:07 AM)
    i do apologise, if you can work out the time diffrence, i did post that at 3am my time =p

cheers for the correction rachey

<3

MWAH! wub.gif I know I owe you an email. I'm a flake and I'm sorry!
  • So 7pm Eastern time, correct?
  • sorry, double post
  • QUOTE (Sunnyside1334 @ Feb 26 2010, 10:11 AM)
    So 7pm Eastern time, correct?

Correct.
  • Oh boy. Check this out:
    Big news, intertubulars:
    The world premiere of our new video will now also be a live event taking place in New York City, and we'd like you to attend! Damian will be there to introduce the video and take questions from the room and the internet afterward. As much as we'd like to invite everyone, the venue is incredibly ...small, so we need to make this a bit of a contest. If you can make it to a 6:30pm event in midtown Manhattan on Monday March 1st, read on...

The contest is simple: help us spread the word about the video premiere on Facebook as creatively and as far and wide as you can. Be as creative as you want (you always are) and leave a screenshot of your status update (or whatever you did) on our Wall. We'll choose our favorites and message you to let you know where you and your guest should show up Monday evening.

The Facebook event is here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=3272...618&index=1

Thanks for the help, and we'll see everyone Monday!

I NEED IDEAS!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ooooh. Now I just have to hope and pray that my internet holds up for the livestream <3
  • Gah! Does no one do anything in Chicago anymore? Me = sad. Anyway...

QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 26 2010, 01:19 PM)
    I NEED IDEAS!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

What if you made a mini-Rube Goldberg machine featuring your new rack?
  • I was going to suggest a mini Rube Goldberg too
  • "Here is one last behind the scenes look at our new video for your Friday viewing pleasure:" http://www.spinner.com/2010/02/25/ok-go-be...xclusive-video/

My thoughts on viewing this:
    Is that a huge chicken leg?
    What's with the big egg?
    What came first, the chicken or the egg?
    PIE!
    Dan is very quiet.
    I like quiet.
    ♫Before the was round...♫
    Oh that mannequin is going to fall.
    Yay for nerdy!!
    Lego concert fun : )
    Damian Sr. is extremely cute too.
    I need to spend less time on the computer.
    But I would miss my friends.
    I need to spend real time with my friends.
    Thank you State Farm!
    I can't wait to see the new video!!!!
  • Alright, guys, the vid will be premiering in less than 24 hrs! WHO'S READY TO HAVE THEIR MIND BLOWN?!!?
  • just had an awefull thought....this who thing tonight, isnt USA exclusive is it?

cause i can see myself staying up till midnight only to be crushingly disapointed, with all you guys running around saying how amazing it is, and me not being able to see it...

thoughts?
  • Personally, I think they are doing it on their own website just so everyone can see it. No? Idk. That's what I thought when I found out they were premiering on their site. Why do you think it's USA exclusive?
  • because everything else, internet based has been usa exclucive for this album, but as you say, being on there own website, might make it immune to youtube restriction?
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Mar 1 2010, 04:59 AM)
    because everything else, internet based has been usa exclucive for this album, but as you say, being on there own website, might make it immune to youtube restriction?

As I understand things, because the video was sponsored by State Farm, it's immune to EMI's restrictions. I assume that one of the reasons this video has corporate sponsorship was so that it wouldn't be US exclusive. That's the question I'm gonna ask tonight (if I get in) incidentally.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Mar 1 2010, 09:59 AM)
    because everything else, internet based has been usa exclucive for this album, but as you say, being on there own website, might make it immune to youtube restriction?

I don't know, I'm inclined to think the opposite. If it's on their site it won't be something aross has cobbled together, it'll be something set up by EMI/Capitol. And I can just imagine a whole video delivery system conceived by The Machine itself being forced by design to restrict content. For a precedent just look at MTV - you can't even look at commercials or trailers on their network here in the UK because their US site has a blanket geoblock.

Well, we'll see. I would hope that the amount of marketing they're putting into this means they're well aware of what a backlash they'd get if they geoblocked the live screening, and have ensured it won't happen.
  • As Rachel pointed out, this video was sponsored by State Farm. The only ploy EMI/Capitol will have in this is that they have the rights to the song that was used for the video. They might possibly try to put restrictions on it, but since another company put all the capitol in to produce the actual video, why should they? Do they really wanna take State Farm head on? Insurance companies are still prosperous while record companies aren't so much.

As for the live feed today, I'm guessing/hoping it'll be on ustream. I've never had problems with their streams and from what I know, they don't have any restrictions on who can view it.

So, before we get all mad/sad/depressed that the video *might* not be able to be viewed everywhere, have faith that the guys are trying their best to not let that happen.
  • any idea where abouts on the home page it will be?

or will it all be shifted to host it?