In this Discussion

This Too Shall Pass Vids

Comments

• Now that I've seen the video I can confirm that it's as brilliant as everyone says biggrin.gif

Rach, thanks for the write up! I'm glad you got to go smile.gif
  • You guys are very welcome! I love being part of this community for this very reason.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 2 2010, 02:17 PM)
    You guys are very welcome! I love being part of this community for this very reason.

I'm so glad we got to go & meet up. Yay boardies. <3

And still no, no picture. Or atleast that one. I gotta work on getting a better one with him, and the rest of the boys.
  • Today I thought of a really good question that should have been asked. Did they build the biggest Rube Goldberg device EVER?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 2 2010, 02:18 AM)
    "Oh, well thank him for me. And thank you for keeping my Mom informed." I blink. "But how..." "Oh she's a bigtime boardie. A silent one. But she also knows not to believe everything she reads on the boards." I laughed. Ahh, so Mrs. Kulash, you are still here. biggrin.gif It's lovely having you.

...I kinda feel bad having a hello to Mrs. Kulash in the same paragraph as a repeated "Boob McNutt", but what else can I do?

I apologized because we've had a gajillion photos together before, but Damian just joked that I could probably do a time-lapse photo of us.

First of all, you do keep us all informed. Didn't know that about Mrs. Kulash. I think we'll all behave ourselves within in the realm of OK Go-decency now,

And the time laps photo thing made me laugh. And laugh. And laugh.

Loved the video, but one question I had, which has nothing to do with the video is why did they stop making podcasts. Didn't get read. Oh well!
  • Excellent Wired article about the RGM. Read me.
  • Half a million in 1 day. Not bad, not bad at all.

biggrin.gif
  • Wow, my computer just ate the lovely post I had typed up. So here is the short version:

Almost missed the premiere, but made it just in time to watch in the computer lab on campus. Spent the entire time covering my mouth to stifle the laughter. Damian is just too delightful to watch in public!

And I have been thinking of nothing but OK Go since the premiere. I had a dream last night that I was making a video with the band, and Damian had left the room. I planned on asking him when he returned if I could wear my red pants in the video, but then I woke up. I guess I will never know if dream!Damian would like the idea. tongue.gif Still, great dream! happy.gif
  • Krista, that's adorable. Welcome back. biggrin.gif
  • so farking awesome

when the tv got hammerd is my favourite part... also the umbrellas and paper airplanes are epicly amazing. <3
  • The flock of umbrellas is my favorite part for now. There are so many delightful bits to this video, I'm sure my favorite part will change often.
  • Over a million views! This is so exciting!
  • There's an article in the redeye about the vid.

If you click on the pic, you'll go to the bigger picture which is actually readable.

The article that's on the online version is different. Read it here.

Also, my fave parts from the vid so far are the Plinko board, the flags and watching Damian fly through the air.
  • I sooooo love the new video!

oh and did anyone notice andy running away at 2:11? ah, there's so much to find out... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 3 2010, 08:08 PM)

Aw damnit sad.gif

After somebody called them out on YouTube for editing after the waterfall I convinced myself it had to be one take. Guess it wasn't. Still an amazing achievement though!
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Mar 3 2010, 11:09 AM)
    so farking awesome

when the tv got hammerd is my favourite part... also the umbrellas and paper airplanes are epicly amazing. <3

YES YES YES! The airplanes. Love them.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 3 2010, 01:09 PM)
    There's an article in the redeye about the vid.

Becky, only you would find a picture with that headline.

Edit: WITH a big red arrow. laugh.gif
  • Rachel, thank you for the marvelous write-up! Yey, I knew I recognized your lovely voice asking a question. And when I heard you say "Becky" and ask her question, that made me even more happy.

I like WTF and the marching band vid, but this one made me so very happy. I love this one!

From an NPR blog:
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2010/03...t_day_cont.html