In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• I have the songs, I'm just not sure of the best way to get them to you. That's the only reason I'm not answering this question. Maybe one of the more savvy boardies could take this on?

Also, to explain about the songs account - it got hacked too many times and we all just got fed up from maintaining it, especially when OKGocentral still existed. Maybe we want to get the songs account back up and running? How do the other oldtimers feel about this?
  • I'm all for it, though I'm not sure if I'm considered one of the oldtimers.
  • Yes YES YES. pleassssssse someone post Appendices. I've searched the internet far and wide, with no luck.

Help me out sad.gif
  • Yes YES YES. pleassssssse someone post Appendices. I've searched the internet far and wide, with no luck.

Help me out sad.gif
  • Sam you're getting a Disc if I see you on Thursday. The others are less local, so it's not so easy.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 2 2010, 03:26 PM)
    I have the songs, I'm just not sure of the best way to get them to you. That's the only reason I'm not answering this question. Maybe one of the more savvy boardies could take this on?

Also, to explain about the songs account - it got hacked too many times and we all just got fed up from maintaining it, especially when OKGocentral still existed. Maybe we want to get the songs account back up and running? How do the other oldtimers feel about this?

one option would be to upload the songs on http://rapidshare.com/ (the songs would first have to be archived as a .rar or .zip file)

rapidshare its a really simple upload proces... afterward you're given a "download link" ...the file can be downloaded 10 times and will expire after 60 days.

you could PM the "download link" to those of us requesting the files– to keep things more private.

OR if the gmail account is still functional, you could PM a new password to those requesting the files...keeping the password off of the board would make sure no outsiders can login and change it.

just some suggestions!

ps. Damian and the rest of the and are cool with us sharing the album right? It's not commercially available anywhere?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 2 2010, 04:50 PM)
    Sam you're getting a Disc if I see you on Thursday. The others are less local, so it's not so easy.

Yayyy, thank you my darling. Still tryin to move my awful study habits around (cramming right before the exam hahah).
  • what about this: http://www.loaditup.de/

(just upload the various songs from tha album (or live versions, etc.))

I'm not really an oldtimer as well, though I do have all the songs as well, and I think it's great to share.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Mar 3 2010, 02:14 PM)
    what about this: http://www.loaditup.de/

(just upload the various songs from tha album (or live versions, etc.))

I'm not really an oldtimer as well, though I do have all the songs as well, and I think it's great to share.

that site would work perfectly too–––but you would want to save the album as a ZIP file, so you could send them as one big file rather than multiple files for individual songs
  • i'd also love to get my hands (ears?) on the appendices.

maybe someone who has them can send them to me over ichat?
  • Hmm, I think there's pros and cons to all the suggestions.
    If people want JUST the appendices it's easier to upload it to rapidshare or megaupload or mediafire or any other site like that.
    However, if we set up another gmail account (or got the other one working somehow?) we could be constantly updating it with new finds and live songs&covers, etc.
    Or there could be some as-yet-unthought-of 3rd option that works perfectly.
    Idk, I guess it depends on what people want.

(Also yes, appendices are no longer commercially available, so we have permission from Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore to share smile.gif )
  • I went ahead and made a new gmail for the boards (because, why not?)

the account is okgofans@gmail.com

PM me for the password (if we keep it private, we can prevent non-board members from hacking the account)

let the sharing begin!
  • Re: Appendices:

Y'all ain't on the Indie Exchange comm on LJ, are you?

http://www.mediafire.com/?5km0wkaywbo

PS: I have a LOT of stuff on my iPod, so eventually when I get around to moving that, I might put the stuff that is no longer available up for grabs...
  • I'm not sure where to post this or if it's already been discussed and I missed it.... but I've got a question about their guys autographs. I bought a CD at the Tokyo show and it came with a card that has all 4 of their signatures on them. I saw a picture of someone's T-Shirt (on this thread maybe?) with the same signatures, but I can't for the life of me figure out which signature is whos. I'm guessing the one with the straight lines is Tims, and maybe the figure 8's is Damians?? I just don't know. The other two both look like A's, one is a large lowercase a and the other is a large uppercase A. If anyone knows, it would be helpful. :-)

Thanks!
  • I could identify them if I saw them, but I can't describe them. I'm sorry, I know that's not much help, but I'm visiting friends for the weekend so I'm not near my own autographs to scan and post.
  • I posted the answer over here.
  • Perfect! Thanks!!

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 8 2010, 01:52 AM)
    I posted the answer over here.

• Hi,
    sorry if this is in the wrong place but i'm new to posting =)

So for christmas my dad bought me the delux edition ok no cd (the one with all the videos on it, ect.). Anyway, i live in Australia and when i opened it on christmas morning it was just the regular ok no cd =(.
    At first i thought my dad was to blame but when i checked the emails sure enough, he had purchased the right cd, becuse its four dollars more.
    Anyway since then we've been trying to get a refund/ exchange but i don't know how to go about it. In the old days purchasing was done a little differently and you could jsut reply to the email and enquire. But now that its done through soemone else tis a bit different. And i don't know what to do.

Do you guys have any segestions?
    Please and thankyou.
  • I have no idea how to help you because I have no idea through which online retailer your dad purchased the CD.
  • jedi_grrlie is right, it's hard to know what to do without knowing the retailer, but as a simple rule of thumb I'd say if you can't find a returns policy on the retailer website you're going to need a lot of luck getting anything from them. There are plenty of retailers out there who are painfully slow to respond, may refuse because it would be so difficult for you to bring any legal action against them, or may require you to pay to return the original CD, which depending on where you and they live may be perfectly within their rights.

I'd say if you are just interested in the videos (not sure if the artwork/packaging is different too) you may as well just try to download them somewhere for free. I can't find any torrents but you could rip them from YouTube or perhaps a board member with the CD would be prepared to send you an iso of it (I don't have it myself). It's not strictly legal, but nor is putting CDs on your iPod, and you *did* pay for the videos.