In this Discussion

The Great Midwest Boardie Meet-Up

Comments

• Each day I get more excited about the Meet-Up. I can't wait to see everyone again and meet some of you for the first time!

And see the boys, too, I suppose.

11 days!

• Tomorrow, I will be able to check the 10-day forecast and start thinking about what to pack.
  • Double post I don't care.  Deal.

OMG LADIES IT'S A WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• For all y'all that wanted to be repped, I think I'm just going to write your username along with your state on some colored paper and bring that with to the show. Unless you have something else in mind. Lemme know.

Also, all the Boardies showing up to the show, could we all meet in front of the venue around 5? Not only to ensure good spots for the show, but to chat and what not before the show. And no, you don't have to chat, but I'd really like to meet all of you!
  • beckysioux said:For all y'all that wanted to be repped, I think I'm just going to write your username along with your state on some colored paper and bring that with to the show. Unless you have something else in mind. Lemme know.

That works for me... I honestly had a hard time coming up with a special representation.

I just have one request: when y'all take pics, can you hold up the signs, so we can kinda be part of the group?  

And though I'm really sad that I can't see you all, I just want to say HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING TIME! Take lots of pics! And someone record Damian's reaction to finding out that he and the boys were responsible for all of this!!

• So I officially and unfortunately will not be joining you ladies :(

I'm really upset and wish I'd be there.  Have a great time, rock out, and rep us to the fullest. 

Let's try to do this for every tour!  I'm determined!

(I totally love that sometimes math is required.  Like right now.)

• beckysioux said: Also, all the Boardies showing up to the show, could we all meet in front of the venue around 5? Not only to ensure good spots for the show, but to chat and what not before the show. And no, you don't have to chat, but I'd really like to meet all of you!

Sounds good to me. I can't wait to meet everyone! Only six days left! 

• And now begins the arduous task of trying to get through this work week knowing that I'll be on a plane Saturday morning.

So, um, here's something interesting:  http://www.recordstorday.com. Becky, are there any cool record stores near the venue that are participating?

• DJRose said:

And now begins the arduous task of trying to get through this work week knowing that I'll be on a plane Saturday morning.

So, um, here's something interesting:  http://www.recordstoreday.com. Becky, are there any cool record stores near the venue that are participating?

There are a few near the venue, but I'm not sure if we'll have time to visit any of them. HOWEVER, we'll be near this one when we're Downtown. Reckless Records is the same place I ordered the vinyl of OTBCOTS.

• The tour started last night, and Tim tweeted that they are now playing All Is Not Lost and Needing/Getting.  OH the excitement!!  Those are the EXACT two songs I wanted them to add from OTBCOTS.  Exact.  Laugh The only thing is that now I'm left wondering what's been cut to make room for the new songs.

At any rate, this will be fantastic.  It's Wednesday, girls!  3 days!

• I'm excited, too! Must stay focused this week at work, though. I'm staying focused now so I can enjoy being away this weekend. I'm so glad we're doing this.

• So, my mom offered to buy me Megabus tickets as a birthday present but waited until last night to buy them, which meant that no early Saturday morning buses were available, so instead I'm coming in Friday night. Anyone want to do something during the day Saturday?
  • Hey, I think we're up to 8 of us now, right? Something like that.

If you're looking for something to do on Saturday, Reckless Records has some in-store live shows at all three of their stores. Here's one:

"Join us for the insanity on Record Store Day (April 17th). We have lots of live music planned, a little something for everybody. Please note that these times are approximate & may experience subtle changes. See you on Saturday, April 17th.

WICKER PARK Store (1532 N. Milwaukee)
    PHIL COHRAN 12:30PM
    THE ETERNALS 2PM
    PNS from MOLEMEN 3PM
    LIAM HAYES & PLUSH 4PM
    AZITA 5PM
    Rock n' roll caricatures by Steve Krakow aka Plastic Crimewave (12-5)

Reckless DJs will be playing records at the Hideout from 11:30-3:00"

And samanferr, I agree - we should do this for every tour!

• I am so excited! In four and a half hours I will be on a bus to Chicago! 
  • 1 day!

Show is sold out, so I hope you have your tickets.

See y'all on the morrow!

• I can't even deal with the waiting anymore!!! I have to go to work in a couple of minutes - will be the longest day EVAR. In other news, I fabric painted a Tshirt for the concert last night - I think it turned out well! Yay! See you tomorrow night!!
  • I can't even deal with the waiting anymore!!! I have to go to work in a couple of minutes – will be the longest day EVAR. In other news, last night I fabric painted a Tshirt for the concert – I think it turned out well! Yay! See you tomorrow night!!
  • Alright, those being represented at the Great West Boardie Meet-Up are:

samanferr - NY

YoDoofball! - TX

KristaMichelle - NV/OR

Tempe Arizona - NJ/AZ/MS

ezorvera - CA

Rebekker - IN

Lemme know if I missed anyone or if you'd like to be repped.

• beckysioux said:

Alright, those being represented at the Great West Boardie Meet-Up are:

samanferr - NY

YoDoofball! - TX

KristaMichelle - NV/OR

Tempe Arizona - NJ/AZ/MS

ezorvera - CA

Rebekker - IN

Aww thanks becky you're a doll!

• beckysioux said:

Alright, those being represented at the Great West Boardie Meet-Up are:

samanferr - NY

YoDoofball! - TX

KristaMichelle - NV/OR

Tempe Arizona - NJ/AZ/MS

ezorvera - CA

Rebekker - IN

Yes, Becky, you are amazing! Thank you so much!!

I soo wish I could be there with you all!! Have an amazing time!!!