In this Discussion

You Rock, Dan!

Comments

• i totally love your icon lightamatch4me!

kat you should make him a greet card.
  • Thank you it goes well with my siggy.
  • Jen is going to write a letter and I have to give it to Dan. I hope it's a gushy love letter...
  • Hahaha I don't even know what to write lol. I'm gonna make about a million drafts of it!! I'm so lame haha. Yay me!
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Apr 17 2006, 03:56 PM)
    Hahaha I don't even know what to write lol. I'm gonna make about a million drafts of it!! I'm so lame haha. Yay me!

Awwwwwww. That's so cute. biggrin.gif Haha. I wrote the guys a note and dropped it in with the 10 bags of gummy candies I gave them last time, but I have no idea whether or not they actually read it....
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 17 2006, 05:25 PM)
    Awwwwwww. That's so cute. biggrin.gif Haha. I wrote the guys a note and dropped it in with the 10 bags of gummy candies I gave them last time, but I have no idea whether or not they actually read it....

I bet you they did and they have it hanging in their bus...biggrin.gif
  • They don't actually have a bus, do they?
  • they have some kind of van/car setup I think. one for most of their stuff and the other for them
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Apr 17 2006, 07:09 PM)
    they have some kind of van/car setup I think. one for most of their stuff and the other for them

Yeah, that's what I thought. I remember being outside the Middle East in October, and one of the random roadies telling the Mid. East staff that they had two cars/vans to park.
  • Yeah, I remember seeing their vans too, plus Damian's always talking about how they hope someday they can travel in something other than cars.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 17 2006, 07:23 PM)
    Yeah, I remember seeing their vans too, plus Damian's always talking about how they hope someday they can travel in something other than cars.

Yeah, he's always like, "Oh, man, I wish we had mainstream success so that we could finally travel in a bus!"

Which I think is a dumb reason to want mainstream success, but that's just me.
  • Tim said they have a bus now. I think he said it in my interview, or maybe in the convo we had afterwards.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 19 2006, 02:03 AM)
    Tim said they have a bus now. I think he said it in my interview, or maybe in the convo we had afterwards.

AUGH. I'll look for a bus on Wednesday. If I find one, I will report.
  • They had a bus for the MCS tour! Dude, how can you miss 2 ginormous buses outside of a tiny venue??
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 19 2006, 12:09 PM)
    They had a bus for the MCS tour! Dude, how can you miss 2 ginormous buses outside of a tiny venue??

I didn't see them on the MCS tour, silly!
  • I saw them on the MCS tour. I saw no gianormous buses. Had I seen any gianormous buses, I would've climbed on board, probably stowed away in the luggage compartment (with a gasmask on to avoid the smell of sweaty clothes)
  • Hey guys... Dan is the best. Ever. And you know why? Me and my friend and his family were at a gig in Austin a month or so ago and we were just hanging around and talkin to him and stuff, and then somebody brings up the free Dallas fest gig.... Well guess what!?!?! Without even asking Dan took out his cell phone and jotted down a note to give us backstage passes!!!! And the festival is this Friday!!! Holy crap its gonna be fun. We gotta buy the band a bottle of Scotch or something...

And thus the reason Dan is the best. cool.gif
  • QUOTE (nateguitar @ Apr 19 2006, 06:17 PM)
    Hey guys... Dan is the best. Ever. And you know why? Me and my friend and his family were at a gig in Austin a month or so ago and we were just hanging around and talkin to him and stuff, and then somebody brings up the free Dallas fest gig.... Well guess what!?!?! Without even asking Dan took out his cell phone and jotted down a note to give us backstage passes!!!! And the festival is this Friday!!! Holy crap its gonna be fun. We gotta buy the band a bottle of Scotch or something...

Oh, man! I love when Dan does that for fans! It makes me all warm inside. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (nateguitar @ Apr 19 2006, 05:17 PM)
    Hey guys... Dan is the best. Ever. And you know why? Me and my friend and his family were at a gig in Austin a month or so ago and we were just hanging around and talkin to him and stuff, and then somebody brings up the free Dallas fest gig.... Well guess what!?!?! Without even asking Dan took out his cell phone and jotted down a note to give us backstage passes!!!! And the festival is this Friday!!! Holy crap its gonna be fun. We gotta buy the band a bottle of Scotch or something...

how very very rad. damn i want to go to the dallas show. why do i live so damn far away from dallas.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Apr 19 2006, 11:33 PM)
    how very very rad. damn i want to go to the dallas show. why do i live so damn far away from dallas.

I was telling Karleigh the other that I might might MIGHT come visit you guys in June to go see OK Go. And she said that if I come visit, then it'll be worth it to drive the 6 hours to Dallas.

Plans are up in the air right now. But we'll see....