In this Discussion

10 Things about you...

Comments

• she's right. it IS all about patience smile.gif
  • Amy - I could see you having a chatshow type thing as well. or at least a "dear Amy" column in a magazine haha.

I'd come to you for advice smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jun 18 2007, 05:56 PM)
    Amy - I could see you having a chatshow type thing as well. or at least a "dear Amy" column in a magazine haha.

I'd come to you for advice smile.gif

Hahah. I'm alright at giving advice to people, but I'm terrible at working things out for myself. It's easier to help people objectively than try and fix yourself.

Coming to me for advice would be preferable to, say, writing to Dr. Phil. But pretty much everything would be preferable to Dr. Phil.
  • Dear Amy,

I have this heat rash on the back on my knee. What do you suggest I do to avoid hurting its feelings?

Signed,
    Ir"rash"onal

I can just see it now.
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh my god I'm at work and had to keep from snarfing at ir"rash"onal.

I would recommend getting some ointment. Thankfully, everyone knows that heat rashes are emotionless.
  • 1. i'm starting at university, i won't know anybody there and i don't want to say goodbye to my friends...
    2. i'm living in germany and i always thought i should be living somewhere else, i always wanted to go to england or canada or sth.
    3. i always try to make some super great meal and end up eating half of it as it's usually not edible...
    4. i'm hungry very often but i can't eat much, it's like i'm hungry and start eatin, two minutes later i' full and stop eating just to feel hungry a short while after
    5. i have very small hands and my fingernails look weird
    6. i have no idea what to do with my life
    7. i really want to learn how to play drums but i don't have any musical talent whatsoever
    8. i get annoyed when people correct me
    9. i think it's not that easy to tell 10 things about me ...
    10. usually i need loads of time to think over things and make lists in my head...
  • 1. I love statistics, especially completely meaningless ones.
    2. I either do something with crazy enthusiasm or don't do it at all.
    3. I'm not shy. I'm just not. I have very few inhibitions.
    4. I enjoy making food for people, especially pasta salad and pineapple upside down cake. Want some?
    5. When I listen to music, I see things as montages/movie trailers/music videos of my own life.
    6. I cannot sit still. I always have to be moving, doodling, fidgeting, whatever.
    7. I feel more confident with some sort of beverage in my hand. I have no idea why.
    8. I had a slight lisp as a kid, and it comes back sometimes. I've been told it's not noticeable, but I feel like it is.
    9. I love psychology. The human brain fascinates me. I can babble for hours about it.
    10. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life. I'm at the point in my life where I should be picking, but I just can't.

smile.gif My name's Shalu, by the way. Probably should've mentioned that.
  • I'm updating this from a year ago because shit has changed.

1. I'm still not really God. It upsets me.

2. I recently moved to Melbourne and am living on my own for the first time, only not really 'cause I have a roommate and I'm learning the hard way why people always say NEVER MOVE IN WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

3. I still have an unhealthy obsession with DVD Box sets but I'm working on it and selling a lot of them... mostly because those shows are now over and I want to get the really cute "Complete Series" box sets.

4. I studied Journalism and Public Relations at University and my career goals involve me breaking a major story, being dragged before the court to reveal my sources, refusing to on ethical grounds, being sent to jail for contempt, going to jail for a couple of weeks only to be let out due to lack of space or whatever and watch as my career skyrockets because I will have cemented myself as a journalist who will sacrifice my own freedom for my sources. Failing that, I'd like to be a music journalist so I can get paid to go to concerts and interview people I love.

5. I hate public relations because it involves kissing ass and I really hate people. They piss me off. I'm insanely judgemental and initially, I hated all my closest friends and initially they all thought I was a crazy bitch.

6. I'm a lot meaner than I appear to be. I've actually been very reserved here, but I also think that is due to the fact people in this fandom piss me off a lot less than people in other fandoms.

7. My username on forums and websites is always either God, or ReginaGeorge or both. I have a disturbing obsession with Mean Girls and by posting as ReginaGeorge, people seem less upset when I cruelly shut them down.

8. I am addicted to the Sims2. This is probably because it is the only time where I actually am God. I am cruel to my Sims. I make their spouses cheat on them, I kill them in cruel and unusual ways (Fire, Hail storms, Lightning strike, disease), I even get them assraped by aliens. Sometimes I do all three. I'm a horrible God, which is probably why it is a good thing that number 1 is true.

9. My favourite past time is camping out for front row, if the fandom is crazy enough. There is nothing more fun than rocking up to a show more than 24 hours in advance, camping out in the freezing cold on the concrete, fighting with queue cutters and making friends for life with the other crazy bitches who also camp. This is probably the only reason why I still love Hanson.

10. I'm a hardcore Hanson fan. I've loved them since I was 10 and sort of still do. My relationship with them is testy because they have bad PR skills so currently it's love/hate. I will defend them to the last breath against any non-fan, but spend most of my time with fellow fans talking about how poorly we think they handle their career and gossiping about their wives and children (Who they parade around for the world to see and sell out to People magazine whenever they need some cheap publicity).
  • 1. I like to change my hair color.
    2. My first concert was Shaun Cassidy when I was 6 yrs. old.
    3. I have a cat.
    4. I have a surreal addiction to Duran Duran.
    5. My favorite artist is Andy Warhol.
    6. I've always wanted to be a Guerrilla Girl.
    7. I talk too much.
    8. I frequently suffer from "foot in my mouth".
    9. I cried when Davy Jones went to the dance with Marcia Brady.
    10. My favorite color is red.
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Sep 1 2007, 08:40 PM)
    1. I love statistics, especially completely meaningless ones.
    2. I either do something with crazy enthusiasm or don't do it at all.
    3. I'm not shy. I'm just not. I have very few inhibitions.
    4. I enjoy making food for people, especially pasta salad and pineapple upside down cake. Want some?
    5. When I listen to music, I see things as montages/movie trailers/music videos of my own life.
    6. I cannot sit still. I always have to be moving, doodling, fidgeting, whatever.
    7. I feel more confident with some sort of beverage in my hand. I have no idea why.
    8. I had a slight lisp as a kid, and it comes back sometimes. I've been told it's not noticeable, but I feel like it is.
    9. I love psychology. The human brain fascinates me. I can babble for hours about it.
    10. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life. I'm at the point in my life where I should be picking, but I just can't.

smile.gif My name's Shalu, by the way. Probably should've mentioned that.

Hey Shalu smile.gif We have A LOT in common, and weirdly enough, when there's a characteristic we don't share, I'm EXACTLY the opposite... just compare... awesome... I wish you were a guy, we would be so compatible!

1. I love percentages and ratios in any given situation, even when looking at salads I always mentally go "this is 40% lettuce, 30% tomatoes, 20% pickles" and so...
    2. I either do something with crazy enthusiasm or don't do it at all. Exactly, that's why I have taken so much to graduate...
    3. I'm extremely shy, I blush all the time and are extremely inhibited over everything and anything.
    4. I really enjoy making food for people, I like to feed people, it's a passion. I make a damn good lasagna and seafood recipes are my speciality.
    5. When I listen to music, I see things as montages/movie trailers/music videos of my own life. I just finished my "what to do" waltzing parade...don't ask wink.gif
    6. I'm zen incarnated. I can sit still and quiet for hours literally, no one beats me at that, it's an excellent personality trait to have when you have had to withstand years of lectures at the uni.
    7. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life. I'm just overwhelmed by the possibilities that would go if I pick something definite.
    8. I hate psychologists... I always feel they're underqualified for their job.
    9. I'm allergic to pineapple.
    10. I stutter when I'm nervous, I've learned to control it over time thankfully.

Rosa smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Sep 12 2007, 03:31 PM)
    5. When I listen to music, I see things as montages/movie trailers/music videos of my own life. I just finished my "what to do" waltzing parade...don't ask wink.gif

wow! i do the same thing! i recap special memories in my head while music is playing.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 3 2006, 12:39 PM)
    I don't think I've ever done this, huh?

well, here goes.

1) my name is Meg
    2) I play flute and picollo in both Marching Band and Concert band
    3) my other two favorite bands are Interpol and Tally Hall
    4) I have a ton of school work to do before it starts on wednesday...damn you all honors and AP classes...
    5) I refuse to have a myspace.
    6) I have an older brother who is supposed to go back to college tomorrow but isn't done packing...
    7) I'm pretty quiet if you meet me in real life.
    8) I haven't seen my best friend for over two weeks.... =( thats one good thing about school starting, i guess.
    9) I think I've probably doubled my post count just in this week.
    10) I read a LOT. my favorite book atm is Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet.

huh. apparently I haven't changed that much in a year.
    well, that's not true. I'm sure I've changed, just most of these haven't really changed.
    this'll be interesting, methinks.

1) my name is still Meg. Although it's actually Margaret. I go by thephantommilk online. I get called Merrg, mergwin, mergenin, etc by close friends. and Marge by people who think they're being funny.
    2) I still play flute&picc, and I recently picked up the cello again after a long time, plus I'm trying to teach myself piano/keyboard, but I kinda fail so far.
    3) still in love with Interpol and Tally Hall, also Apollo Sunshine, Willy Mason, and Wizard rock, which is music having to do with Harry Potter <3
    4) school has started, but I still have a ton of work. but now I have the added bonus of acute senioritis. which is fun, but at the same time, not really a good thing.
    5) I caved in around January, I think. www.myspace.com/thephantommilk original, I know =P
    6) the older brother is currently studying abroad in Ecuador.
    7) still quiet, but I think I'm gaining social skills.... which makes sense, really...
    8) I'm actually in school, but I still don't see some of my friends very often cause of everything else I do... and also I've decided it's silly to have a 'best friend' in that sense.
    9) I am very proud of my 1,400+ posts. it's taken me awhile, but that is quite alot.
    10) Good Omens is still an amazing book. I've also currently been reading all the Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman I can get a hand on, which is an odd coincidence. but they're both freaking amazing authors.

whooooooooo
  • 1- My perhaps most interesting thing about me, I should be dead due to a diaphragmatic hernia when I was born
    2- I have a tattoo
    3- Not including said tattoo, I have 9 permanent scars
    4- Even though I can't play any instrument, I love music and own more than my friends
    5- I'm addicted to gigs
    6- I get a monthly sci-fi mag called Death Ray, and even though it's sad, I love it!
    7- I hate girly thing like shopping, shoes + makeup, and love guy things like cars and games (except football, I hate football)
    8- My favourite band is Barenaked Ladies, and I've always wanted to get certain lyrics as a tattoo
    9- I spend way too much time on the internet
    10- I'm currently working with my Mum in the hospital collecting notes for administration purposes. I cannot help but giggle when I have to do stuff for gynae and the patient is having a "vaginal repair"
  • 1. I also hate many girly things like shopping and shoes and make-up. And especially purses!
    2. I prefer water room temperate over cold.
    3. I can't stand milk
    4. I pimp corporate jets for a living.
    5. My first flight ever was on a corporate jet. (they found out I'd never flew and decided that was unacceptable.)
    6. I have super curly hair that I play with constantly (it's so much fun)
    7. In 8th grade I told someone that if I won the school wide spelling bee I was going to yell "Nirvana Rules!" into the microphone.
    --I won the school wide spelling bee, and yelled "Nirvana Rules!" into the microphone.
    8. I am the last of 9 engineers in my family
    9. I like Star Trek
    10. My last name is Starr
  • 1. I've been playing softball for 11 years.
    2. My favorite drink is pink lemonade.
    3. I like to express my emotions through quotes and poems.
    4. I haven't seen my original hair color since 6th grade.
    5. I hate chocolate.
    6. I hate people who walk with their chest out and strut.
    7. When I was little I would skate around and spin in my living room like I was an ice skater.
    8. I have an aunt who is a nun.
    9. I love my dogs more than my dad.
    10. I am obsessed with Tim Nordwind.
    10. I am obsessed with Tim Nordwind.

I think it's fair to say we all sort of figured that one out already. wink.gif
  • So, I haven't done this yet.

1. My name's Rachel.

2. I'm married to an amazing man named Adam. He is a doofus sometimes, well, a lot of the time, but there is no one on the face of the earth as caring, loyal, and funny as he. Sorry, ladies.

3. I have a degree in vocal performance. Which means I went to college and was graded on singing. I therefore have very few useful job skills

4. ...So I answer a phone at a law firm. I'm way too smart for this crap job, but I've made some good friends and contacts while here, and it lets me surf the net most of the day. I guess I shouldn't complain.

5. When I was 2 years old, my parents heard me singing for the first time. The song was "Electric Avenue" by Eddie Grant. It's Awesome. I was the coolest 2 year old in history.

6. I'm an only child. Partially because I was the coolest kid in history, and partially because I didn't sleep through the night until I was 6 years old.

7. I love poodles. They are the greatest dog breed - SMART, loving, loyal darlings. They get such a bad name because of the stupid haircuts, and it's just not right. I have had three poodles in my life - Biscut, Ginny, and Jeter. Jeter is technically my Mom's dog, but he's as much mine as Biscut was. B's name was misspelled on purpose. Long Story.

8. I'm Jewish. I am a Reform Jew, which means I get criticism from both sides - Non-Jews tell me I'm evil and I'm going to hell, and more traditional Jews tell me I'm lazy, irrational, illogical, and that I may as well not be Jewish at all. I say Bring it on. :-)

9. I am currently the owner of three pets - a toy poodle named Ginny, a brown tabby cat named Luna, and a beta fish named Tim. If anyone asks, he's named Tim because of the mighty enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. But you guys know otherwise. wink.gif I'll still deny it if confronted.

10. I've seen OK Go in concert more than any other band. The only other group who comes close is Rockapella. But I've been to more concerts in my life than I could possibly count. And I will never ever ever stop going to concerts.
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Sep 12 2007, 04:31 PM)
    Hey Shalu smile.gif We have A LOT in common, and weirdly enough, when there's a characteristic we don't share, I'm EXACTLY the opposite... just compare... awesome... I wish you were a guy, we would be so compatible!

Whoa! I guess we were just destined for each other... laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Sep 16 2007, 10:31 AM)
    Whoa! I guess we were just destined for each other... laugh.gif

hahahaha...CREEPY! laugh.gif
  • about time this was re-bumped