In this Discussion

10 Things about you...

1151617181921»

Comments

• DJRose said:

So, I haven't done this yet.

1. My name's Rachel.

2. I'm married to an amazing man named Adam. He is a doofus sometimes, well, a lot of the time, but there is no one on the face of the earth as caring, loyal, and funny as he. Sorry, ladies.

3. I have a degree in vocal performance. Which means I went to college and was graded on singing. I therefore have very few useful job skills

4. ...So I answer a phone at a law firm. I'm way too smart for this crap job, but I've made some good friends and contacts while here, and it lets me surf the net most of the day. I guess I shouldn't complain.

5. When I was 2 years old, my parents heard me singing for the first time. The song was "Electric Avenue" by Eddie Grant. It's Awesome. I was the coolest 2 year old in history.

6. I'm an only child. Partially because I was the coolest kid in history, and partially because I didn't sleep through the night until I was 6 years old.

7. I love poodles. They are the greatest dog breed - SMART, loving, loyal darlings. They get such a bad name because of the stupid haircuts, and it's just not right. I have had three poodles in my life - Biscut, Ginny, and Jeter. Jeter is technically my Mom's dog, but he's as much mine as Biscut was. B's name was misspelled on purpose. Long Story.

8. I'm Jewish. I am a Reform Jew, which means I get criticism from both sides - Non-Jews tell me I'm evil and I'm going to hell, and more traditional Jews tell me I'm lazy, irrational, illogical, and that I may as well not be Jewish at all. I say Bring it on. :-)

9. I am currently the owner of three pets - a toy poodle named Ginny, a brown tabby cat named Luna, and a beta fish named Tim. If anyone asks, he's named Tim because of the mighty enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. But you guys know otherwise. wink.gif I'll still deny it if confronted.

10. I've seen OK Go in concert more than any other band. The only other group who comes close is Rockapella. But I've been to more concerts in my life than I could possibly count. And I will never ever ever stop going to concerts.

This is all still accurate, although sadly Tim is long gone.  I'm a bad Fish Mommy. 
  • 1. I vacuumed up- and downstairs, emptied the vacuum canister, took out all the garbages + recyclables, swept, did the dishes, got the laundry started, and cleaned a toilet today.  If you knew how lazy I've gotten re: housework of late, you would know that all of this happening in one morning was noteworthy.

2. I'm thanked in the acknowledgments of this book: http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Hermann-Hesse-Metaphor-Literature/dp/1570032114

3. I have a master's degree in English, which means I wanted to be a lit professor until I realized I didn't want to, and I consequently have more education and student loan debt than at all necessary.  Nice one, centurion.

4. I love Life of Brian.

5. I just now saw a guy in a hard hat walk between houses kitty-corner across the street with the same stride as "Bigfoot" in the Patterson-Gimlin footage.

6. I saw the Pixies open for U2 in '92 and have pretty much no memory of it except that I didn't like them.  Oops.

7. I get annoyed with myself for thinking of OK Go when I pass Ross' 24-Hour Restaurant on the 74 bridge.  (By the way, Obama stopped there this summer: http://qctimes.com/news/local/article_c64f892a-a455-11e0-80df-001cc4c03286.html)

8. Love cake.

9. Love the song "Suddenly Last Summer" by the Motels more and more every time I happen to hear it.  This has been decades in the making.  Heard it in the car today and I absofreakinglutely loved so many of the sounds I heard in it.  Including the "ching-ching … ching-ching" tambourine in the chorus.   Oddly, the vocals in this song are almost like background to me–everything else in it is so gloriously subdued that those things take all my attention.  Does that make any sense?

10. Can't hear the song "Running" by No Doubt without turning into a sobbing mass of goop.  Seriously, it is a biological impossibility for me to hear this song and not cry.
  • 1)  My eyes are two different colors.  My right one is brown and my left is hazel with the emphasis on the green.

2)  I have a degree in mortgage finance but I'm back in school for dental hygiene since the economy sucks donkeyballs and I got laid off and can't find another job because nobody is buying houses anymore.

3)  I adore the Harry Potter series (10 points Gryffindor!!!) and the true reason I am sad that the movies are over is because I will miss dressing up for the midnite premieres.

4)  The furthest I have drivin to go to a concert is 5 hrs to Cincinnati to see Muse.  Yes, it was time well spent.  Second place is 3 hrs to Louisville to see Cage the Elephant and meet some fellow Muse Boardies.  Queuing out front with them was better than the actual show.

5)  We have three cats.  Susan, Ruby, and Otis.

6)  Immediatly after my husband & I got engaged, my soon-to-be mom-in-law started planning an elaborat princess wedding for us.  Two months after our engagment, we hopped a plane to Vegas.  I don't like going to weddings, so I didn't want anyone to suffer through mine.

7)  My world revolves around music.  I have a tattoo of music notes on a staff in an undisclosed place on my body.

8)  I like to think of myself as a badass honey badger, even though I have never been in a fight and have the reflexes of a fainting goat.

9)  I dispise cinnamon with a passion to the point that I have never listened to C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips all the way through.  I know thats a silly reason, but I really hate cinnamon.  It also seems like thats what every candle in the world is scented at Christmas time.

10)  I was a complete and total band geek in school and I still miss it.  I was a percussionist and I loved playing the timpanis.  I think thats why Shooting The Moon will always be one of my favorites and of course TTSP marching band video makes me ever so happy. : )
  • I am still loving this thread.  Learning about you guys is the highlight of my day.