In this Discussion

Who is the best dancer?

Comments

• I think they are wanting a shot of the GOI shoes, but if anyone is interested, I've got a picture of his current little white pointy shoes...
  • well, although tim's shoes definitely are awesome, I have the feeling gitd meant the screenshots of Dan's shoe incident during the vmas... as it was discussed earlier in the thread.

anywho, we can't forget that dan does the best treadmill somersaults, although that probably doesn't count as real dancing.
  • True, true. He's got great f*ing dedication. Does seem like that would hurt. In the video he looks kinda like he's jumping up while he flips. That pry makes it worse than if you were to turn the treadmills on Low and then just kinda roll around on them. But yes, Dan is king of the somersaults.

Well, they said stills of Tim's shoe. So I dunno which video they meant by that, but I suppose it really doesn't have much to do with me cuz I'm so ignorant when it comes to most computer things, I don't know how to get video stills XP

I felt bad for Dan when I saw that shoe thing though. But at least that's the only thing that went wrong! And they recovered greatly. In fact, I had to watch the video multiple times before I actually found it. I'd heard about it, but didn't know specifically when it happened. Now I know that when I do that dance I've got to make sure my shoes are tied super tight!
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 21 2006, 01:39 AM)
    I was wondering- how long was Rusty a part of OK Go before they did that dance? I mean, can you imagine just joining a band and then before you've evern gotten close to being aclimated, they say "oh yeah. You gotta learn this dance, by the way." lol. How odd would that be?

I totally just noticed this, but they mentioned it on MOD. They asked everyone who auditioned whether or not they would be comfortable doing a choreographed dance onstage and Andy was the only one who didn't laugh.

So basically, he joined around February and they gave him a few hours to learn the CL dance, then they started work on AMW a little later.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 26 2006, 11:12 PM)
    I totally just noticed this, but they mentioned it on MOD. They asked everyone who auditioned whether or not they would be comfortable doing a choreographed dance onstage and Andy was the only one who didn't laugh.
    So basically, he joined around February and they gave him a few hours to learn the CL dance, then they started work on AMW a little later.

We saw the guys perform 1.5 weeks after Rusty Ross joined the band...and he did so good! Of course they did the Cinnamon Lips dance that night, and he was perfect. Damian kept saying how he just had to learn all their songs and then the dance really, really fast. Of course Damian and Tim finished things off with the Les Mis scene...the good old days (for the fans!) when the venues were small and intimate and there was no mobbing.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 24 2006, 06:41 PM)
    True, true. He's got great f*ing dedication. Does seem like that would hurt. In the video he looks kinda like he's jumping up while he flips. That pry makes it worse than if you were to turn the treadmills on Low and then just kinda roll around on them. But yes, Dan is king of the somersaults.

Agreed and agreed.
    QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 24 2006, 06:41 PM)
    Well, they said stills of Tim's shoe. So I dunno which video they meant by that, but I suppose it really doesn't have much to do with me cuz I'm so ignorant when it comes to most computer things, I don't know how to get video stills XP

Yeah... I'm pretty lost on that one, too XD Regardless, OK Go rocks footwear's face.

And don't feel bad - I'm technotarded, too.
    QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 24 2006, 06:41 PM)
    I felt bad for Dan when I saw that shoe thing though. But at least that's the only thing that went wrong! And they recovered greatly. In fact, I had to watch the video multiple times before I actually found it. I'd heard about it, but didn't know specifically when it happened. Now I know that when I do that dance I've got to make sure my shoes are tied super tight!

Same! I definitely didn't catch it - then after someone pointed it out, i watched the video a couple times and saw what they were talking about.

I've just given up on laces and upgraded to velcro. Although velcro on shoes sort of calls to mind toddlers and senior citizens, so maybe it's more of a regression... Either way, it's pretty deluxe ^___^
    QUOTE (Penelope @ Nov 26 2006, 05:22 PM)
    We saw the guys perform 1.5 weeks after Rusty Ross joined the band...and he did so good! Of course they did the Cinnamon Lips dance that night, and he was perfect. Damian kept saying how he just had to learn all their songs and then the dance really, really fast. Of course Damian and Tim finished things off with the Les Mis scene...the good old days (for the fans!) when the venues were small and intimate and there was no mobbing.

Oh what I'd give to witness the Les Mis scene... I was in that musical in high school - so I know all the words and everything. That would've been so much fun laugh.gif

A-Ross has got some mad skillzzzzz. Zzzzz. [cough] Yes. Zzzz.
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Nov 26 2006, 03:22 PM)
    Of course Damian and Tim finished things off with the Les Mis scene...the good old days (for the fans!)

I miss Les Mis. I should bribe Jordan into messing something up so the guys will have to stop and do it.
  • i think damian is the best jsut because it is hysterical to watch someone that gangly and lanky dance. WOO HOO
  • Tim for sure. Best dance skills I've seen in a long time. haha I kind of feel bad that he's winning by such a large majority...but hey. it's the truth.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 26 2006, 09:02 PM)
    I miss Les Mis. I should bribe Jordan into messing something up so the guys will have to stop and do it.

I've been hearing you guys talk about Jordan. Who is he?
  • He's one of their roadies.
  • Is he the African American dude w/ the nifty Bob Marley hair-do?
  • Haha. Yes.
  • Ah, he's cute. He looks like a nice fella. Thanks for the info. I was wondering who the Bob Marley guy was.
  • I should say Tim, because he just has that "flow." However, Damian is indeed the best at that ice-skating move. I ice skate, and it almost looks like the real thing when he's doing it.

P.S. What is this 'MOD' that I think mixtape was talking about? Sorry, I'm acronym-illiterate.
  • OK, I'll admit that Damian is the best treadmill dancer. Though I suppose that's because I'm too hypnotized by his red pants ("The Pants") to pay attention to anyone else laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Jan 2 2007, 10:32 PM)
    OK, I'll admit that Damian is the best treadmill dancer. Though I suppose that's because I'm too hypnotized by his red pants ("The Pants") to pay attention to anyone else laugh.gif

Red pants? What red pants? huh.gif Oh, sorry, perhaps I was distracted by Tim's vest and pink/red sleeves.
  • i would say Damian on HIGA vid he slipped but he didn't at the VMAs. so i would say Tim cause its probably hard to mouth words while doing difficult dance steps but then again Dan and Damian were the only ones who tried the summer salt. so its a tough chose.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 4 2007, 07:23 PM)
    Red pants? What red pants? huh.gif Oh, sorry, perhaps I was distracted by Tim's vest and pink/red sleeves.

oh god...normally I love the outfits the guys wear...but Tim needs to burn that vest. seriously. it's hideous!
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 2 2007, 11:15 PM)
    P.S. What is this 'MOD' that I think mixtape was talking about? Sorry, I'm acronym-illiterate.

Much On Demand. It's a lame show that MuchMusic (Canada) does and the guys have been on it a few times.