In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I've had it marked on my calendar for like three months. I can't wait.
  • Snakes on a plane? stupid? You need to look deeper hellolover. This film is only for the truely intellectual.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Apr 23 2006, 11:13 PM)
    Snakes on a plane? stupid? You need to look deeper hellolover. This film is only for the truely intellectual.

I have to agree snakes is a really unique thing to use as a weapon on a plane.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 23 2006, 08:18 PM)

This whole snakes on a plane thing has been done before, by my husband James. He helped write the screenplay, I bet you didn't know that.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 03:18 AM)

The snakes are obviously a metaphor for the twisting struggles of life that, without proper caution (and snake-proof luggage) can strangle us without notice.

Obviously.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 23 2006, 08:35 PM)
    The snakes are obviously a metaphor for the twisting struggles of life that, without proper caution (and snake-proof luggage) can strangle us without notice.

Obviously.

*Sniff* Wow, that's beautifully deep, man. *Wipes a tear from eye thinking about it*
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 23 2006, 11:35 PM)

Obviously.

Oh, so it's about the human condition? Art imitating life, I get it. rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 03:46 AM)
    Oh, so it's about the human condition? Art imitating life, I get it. rolleyes.gif

Exactly. THANK YOU SAMUEL L. JACKSON FOR BRINGING US ANOTHER METAPHOR FOR THE MEANING OF LIFE... JUST LIKE MARCH OF THE PENGUINS.

Damn, if MotP wasn't a life metaphor...

no... no it wasn't. I lied. It was just about penguins.

I still hate writing papers.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 23 2006, 11:51 PM)
    Exactly. THANK YOU SAMUEL L. JACKSON FOR BRINGING US ANOTHER METAPHOR FOR THE MEANING OF LIFE... JUST LIKE MARCH OF THE PENGUINS.

Damn, if MotP wasn't a life metaphor...

no... no it wasn't. I lied. It was just about penguins.

I still hate writing papers.

Am I the only one who hated MOTP? It was just about, uh, pengiuns marching, standing around, and potentially starving.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 04:30 AM)
    Am I the only one who hated MOTP? It was just about, uh, pengiuns marching, standing around, and potentially starving.

I actually never saw it because I was bored by the commercials.

I watch Nature on PBS instead. Yeah. I'm that hardcore.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 23 2006, 09:31 PM)

You go girl!!!

(Yes, you go girl....and do your english paper! Ha ha. Do I have to be the cheerleader again? Ok, I will. Ra Ra Ra!!! Tonetoile can do it! Ra! wink.gif )
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 24 2006, 12:31 AM)
    I actually never saw it because I was bored by the commercials.

I love nature shows, but 3 hours of penguins freaking standing still is not interesting!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 04:36 AM)
    I love nature shows, but 3 hours of penguins freaking standing still is not interesting!

hahaha. I completely agree. They're cute and all I like to see them as much as the next person... but a whole movie (narrated by Mr. Jackson no less)? I can only handle so much. Besides, it's not like the background changes. "Oh look! Ice! And wait! Over there! More ice!"
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 24 2006, 12:39 AM)
    hahaha. I completely agree. They're cute and all I like to see them as much as the next person... but a whole movie (narrated by Mr. Jackson no less)? I can only handle so much. Besides, it's not like the background changes. "Oh look! Ice! And wait! Over there! More ice!"

Maybe it was bad because I watched it on a plane. Wait, no, it was just bad.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 04:41 AM)
    Maybe it was bad because I watched it on a plane. Wait, no, it was just bad.

PENGUINS ON A PLANE vs. SNAKES ON A PLANE
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 24 2006, 12:43 AM)
    PENGUINS ON A PLANE vs. SNAKES ON A PLANE

OMG, everything in the universe is connected. I had no intention of tying this back with Snakes On A Plane.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 04:46 AM)
    OMG, everything in the universe is connected. I had no intention of tying this back with Snakes On A Plane.

Yet you did. Don't try and fight it. Obviously Samuel L. Jackson is trying to brainwash us. Damn you Jackson.
  • If we are damning Jackson, then he must be the man. However, he is black, and the quote "Damn the man" was created to damn white men. Yeah, so, whoa?
  • just wondering... how do people get live recordings of shows?

[not..how do people dl them or find them online or whatever, but how do people actually record semi-decent recordings at live shows?]

did that make sense? it made sense to me...but it's also 4am so pretty much everything makes sense at this point.
  • Haaha, that happens to me too. Sometimes I'll be up writing something and when I read what I wrote it makes no sense.

I have a bunch of videos on YouTube of OK Go concerts, so I think I'm the person to answer this. My digital camera has a movie feature so I video that way. Also, my memory card is 1GB so I can fit about an hour on it. If you get a digital camera, i suggest you get one with a video feature, it's nice to have. Casio and Kodak have good ones. Also, most venue allow cameras in you you're set.