In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 18 2006, 08:57 PM)
    get dressed? Sometimes I just spend the whole day in my pj's. My sis once got really mad because a friend of hers went to class in her bathrobe and slippers. What is going on with this younger generation. Tee-hee.

I read something recently where teachers were like, "OMG KIDS SHOW UP IN PAJAMAS NOWADAYS! *SHOCK!*" It was really dumb, and it bothered me.

QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 18 2006, 08:58 PM)
    I made a mixzip for this other board... I'll share it with you guys too... I hope I'm allowed to put this on here.

Ooooh! Mixzips! I think we should have a mixzip thread, like the AudioChallenge LJ comm. We can post weekly themes and everyone will come with a mix and it'll be fun.

Only, yeah, I don't know if we'd technically be allowed to do it...
  • Someone should ask Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. He'd probably be up for it. It's just the rotten record company that might get in the way of his saying yes.

My space is evil. It lures innocent teens into it's endless web of lies, corruption, and deceit. Primetime Live says so. Damn Diane Sawyer.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 19 2006, 12:15 AM)
    My space is evil. It lures innocent teens into it's endless web of lies, corruption, and deceit. Primetime Live says so. Damn Diane Sawyer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I hate when adults are like, "ZOMG MYSPACE IS EEEEEEVIL!!!!" It's like, dude. Pay attention to what your kid does online, and maybe you won't be shocked....
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 18 2006, 09:29 PM)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I hate when adults are like, "ZOMG MYSPACE IS EEEEEEVIL!!!!" It's like, dude. Pay attention to what your kid does online, and maybe you won't be shocked....

Lol! I know, so true. It's like hello, duh! Wow, I really sounded quite valley girl just now. When my mom first heard I like to go on discussion boards, she said "oye." Her apprehension came from all these stupid boring "news-magazine" shows that are on when you're desperate for tv and there's nothing else on. She didn't know what a discussion board was, and when I showed her she finally said, "That's all there is to it?!" Aww, she looked mad and embarrassed that she had been duped by Diane Sawyer or Barbara Walters or whichever it was. I know and she knows there's a lot of bad stuff out there, but bottom line just pay attention to your kids.

Oh and I love the square upper class parents they show on these shows who are totally unaware of the skankiness of their daughters. Sounds like it make a cool song somehow.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 18 2006, 09:29 PM)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

YESSSSS!! I hate how now people are like "MYSPACE MAKES KIDS SLUTS". No it is more like they are rich bitches and their parents pay nooo attention to what the hell they do so they go and take slutty pictures of themselves and post it on the iinternet so they can act like they have a TON of friends when really they just have 40 year old guys looking at half naked pic of themselves.

(Sorry this is long and also sorry I have not been posting. I finally got a job so that takes up a TON of my day!)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 18 2006, 11:15 PM)
    Someone should ask Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. He'd probably be up for it. It's just the rotten record company that might get in the way of his saying yes.

My mom taught me that it's easier to apologize than it is to ask permission....
  • QUOTE (poison @ May 18 2006, 09:41 PM)

Lol! Ooo, you are a rebel. You rock!

QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ May 18 2006, 09:40 PM)
    YESSSSS!! I hate how now people are like "MYSPACE MAKES KIDS SLUTS". No it is more like they are rich bitches and their parents pay nooo attention to what the hell they do so they go and take slutty pictures of themselves and post it on the iinternet so they can act like they have a TON of friends when really they just have 40 year old guys looking at half naked pic of themselves.
    (Sorry this is long and also sorry I have not been posting. I finally got a job so that takes up a TON of my day!)

"My space is one stop shopping for sex and drugs," says evil ominous announcer on Prime Time Live. Damn Diane Sawyer.

You not rambling, Lightamatch4me. Everything you say is so true. So no need to apologize....However, not posting in awhile, that you should be apologizing profusely for! Pff! A job. Nice excuse. Lol, I'm joking of course!!! Sounds like your job is way fun though.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 18 2006, 09:46 PM)
    Lol! Ooo, you are a rebel. You rock!
    "My space is one stop shopping for sex and drugs," says evil ominous announcer on Prime Time Live. Damn Diane Sawyer.

You not rambling, Lightamatch4me. Everything you say is so true. So no need to apologize....However, not posting in awhile, that you should be apologizing profusely for! Pff! A job. Nice excuse. Lol, I'm joking of course!!! Sounds like your job is way fun though.

It is. If you didnt live on the other side of the earth (AKA Arizona) I would ask (AKA Demand) you come see me!!
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ May 18 2006, 09:53 PM)
    It is. If you didnt live on the other side of the earth (AKA Arizona) I would ask (AKA Demand) you come see me!!

I know! Not fair! This valley is too big. I wish I could come see you! biggrin.gif I'd bring Roachie, and then get thrown out of the place. As security starts to drag me away, I'd start quoting OORBS's song with "But he just wants to play."

Well, if you ever need some dental care don't forget your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist. (Ha, I know. I wouldn't really want a student dentist using me as a guinea pig either.)

Oh, and I feel like now ending every post by saying "Damn Diane Sawyer." Damn Diane Sawyer.
  • QUOTE (poison @ May 19 2006, 12:41 AM)

Ooooh, words of wisdom. smile.gif

I think we should blame Diane Sawyer for all of the world's problems from now on. *nods head*
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 18 2006, 08:32 PM)
    Ooooh! Mixzips! I think we should have a mixzip thread, like the AudioChallenge LJ comm. We can post weekly themes and everyone will come with a mix and it'll be fun.

Only, yeah, I don't know if we'd technically be allowed to do it...

when we did mixzips over at the killers board there was a rule that it had to be live songs or remixes or bsides that weren't commercially available for purchase... we could try that here...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ May 19 2006, 01:16 PM)
    when we did mixzips over at the killers board there was a rule that it had to be live songs or remixes or bsides that weren't commercially available for purchase... we could try that here...

Was that just live songs, remixes, or bsides of the The Killers and anything else was game, or was that the rule for all bands?
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 19 2006, 12:18 PM)
    Was that just live songs, remixes, or bsides of the The Killers and anything else was game, or was that the rule for all bands?

that was the rule for all bands...
  • I'm kind of worried that I'm never going to get my copy of High Voltage. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 19 2006, 02:09 PM)
    I'm kind of worried that I'm never going to get my copy of High Voltage. sad.gif

the magazine?!? you haven't gotten it yet?!? do you want me to ask chelsea about it?!?
    hmm, speaking of which, what the hell did i do with my copy...
  • I would really appreciate if you could sort of casually mention it to her, she said way back in April that it should arrive like the first few days of May. unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 19 2006, 04:23 PM)
    I would really appreciate if you could sort of casually mention it to her, she said way back in April that it should arrive like the first few days of May. unsure.gif

she mailed it yesterday... you'll see it soon...
  • Yay, thanks!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 19 2006, 02:23 PM)
    I would really appreciate if you could sort of casually mention it to her, she said way back in April that it should arrive like the first few days of May. unsure.gif

Same here. I sent off a check about a month ago. I messaged them once (on their myspace page, I dont have any other contact information for them).
  • Yeah, I sent in my check a while ago, but I just checked my bank account online, and the check just got cashed. So it'll probably be on the way, along with mine! *excited!*