In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (sweetness @ May 29 2006, 03:50 PM)
    i loves ff7

Ooo, ff7 has a movie, but I haven't seen it yet. It was one of the first modern role playing games. Ha ha, my friend who is addicted tells me too much.
  • ADVENT CHILDREN! i havent seen it my friend was supposed to lend it to me 2 months ago. theres a second one coming!
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ May 29 2006, 03:56 PM)
    ADVENT CHILDREN! i havent seen it my friend was supposed to lend it to me 2 months ago. theres a second one coming!

Yes! That's is. My friend lent it to me, but I have only seen the first half so far. The artwork is awesome! Hurray for a second one! I can't get used to the English voices though. My friend forces me to read the subtitles. He insists it's better.

Ah, didn't notice the time. My friends are taking me to P.F. Changs, yey. Tootles my lovely boardies! biggrin.gif
  • what is PF CHANGS?
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ May 29 2006, 06:12 PM)
    i want to learn how to knit... but i don't want to pay $40 for lessons at joanns...

Get Knitting for Dummies or Stitch 'n Bitch, a pair of size 8 or so needles (I reccommend wood or plastic for beginners, they're not as slippery as metal- and the size doesn't really matter, but 8 is a pretty commonly used size, so you'll definitely get some use out of them), and some cheap yarn. (Lion Brand makes some nice ones that aren't terribly expensive. Or Red Heart, they're really cheap, but I don't like the quality.) You'll be pretty set. I learned the basic knitting and pearling from my mom, and then started to learn more from KfD. You don't really need to go take lessons. smile.gif

I should get back to my knitting...I was doing really well for a while, and then I stopped, haha. I've only been doing it for about a year and a half, but learning the basics is pretty simple. Knitting is HUGE Smith College.

Maybe we should make a "Learn to Knit" thread for everyone. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ May 29 2006, 04:03 PM)
    what is PF CHANGS?

pricey americanized chinese food
  • It got up to 95 degrees today. It was horrible. And the humidity didn't help at all.

Thankfully, the temperature will be going down tomorrow.

I'm definitely not looking forward to this type of weather this summer.
  • Today was really hot out here, too. I've been inside for the past few days, and I went out, and it felt like I'd been whalloped with the heat. I kind of forgot that it's almost June.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 29 2006, 08:33 PM)
    Get Knitting for Dummies or Stitch 'n Bitch, a pair of size 8 or so needles (I reccommend wood or plastic for beginners, they're not as slippery as metal- and the size doesn't really matter, but 8 is a pretty commonly used size, so you'll definitely get some use out of them), and some cheap yarn. (Lion Brand makes some nice ones that aren't terribly expensive. Or Red Heart, they're really cheap, but I don't like the quality.) You'll be pretty set. I learned the basic knitting and pearling from my mom, and then started to learn more from KfD. You don't really need to go take lessons. smile.gif

I should get back to my knitting...I was doing really well for a while, and then I stopped, haha. I've only been doing it for about a year and a half, but learning the basics is pretty simple. Knitting is HUGE Smith College.

Maybe we should make a "Learn to Knit" thread for everyone. smile.gif

You're teaching me to knit when I come to visit.

QUOTE (sweetness @ May 29 2006, 06:03 PM)
    what is PF CHANGS?

B-A-D
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 29 2006, 09:01 PM)
    Today was really hot out here, too. I've been inside for the past few days, and I went out, and it felt like I'd been whalloped with the heat. I kind of forgot that it's almost June.

Today it was gorgeous in the desert. Something is not right here. Ah well, I'm enjoying it, since it's not the usual 100 something degrees.

Hey PF Changs is not true Chineese Food, but it's not BAD! And at the one I go to the waiters are hot. Thanks to you boardies corrupting me, I've started flirting with waiters, oye vey. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 29 2006, 11:34 PM)
    Today it was gorgeous in the desert. Something is not right here. Ah well, I'm enjoying it, since it's not the usual 100 something degrees.
    Hey PF Changs is not true Chineese Food, but it's not BAD! And at the one I go to the waiters are hot. Thanks to you boardies corrupting me, I've started flirting with waiters, oye vey. laugh.gif

It's not been to hot in Austin, surprisingly. PF Changs is horribley expensive for crapy food, THE END.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 28 2006, 06:51 PM)
    Hey, that'd be a great indie project...document all of our lives in an 80's coming-of-age-drama style and how we're all connected by one band. biggrin.gif

Or maybe I'm just dumb.

That's actually an awsome idea... maybe we should do that, it'd be wicked fun cool.gif
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ May 29 2006, 10:36 PM)
    That's actually an awsome idea... maybe we should do that, it'd be wicked fun cool.gif

That actually would make a really good documentary... A great time for that wouuld've been a couple years ago with the boardie-reunion in Chicago...
  • I've been searching for just a little more,
    Though the days just slip away...
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 30 2006, 11:09 AM)
    I've been searching for just a little more,
    Though the days just slip away...

I want to live in your old schoolr town, agentnumone. I see they have a nice population there.
  • hehehehe, come Tempe!

"you say its not the real world,
    though it seems so real to me."

Wolfmother must be speaking of old schoolr.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 30 2006, 11:37 AM)
    hehehehe, come Tempe!

"you say its not the real world,
    though it seems so real to me."

Wolfmother must be speaking of old schoolr.

You are full of such poetic lines. You should write pick-up lines for geeks so that way they might actually get dates. biggrin.gif
  • LOL! I wish I wrote that! They are just random lines from Wolfmother songs... But I guess they can work in that way.
  • This weather really sucks for me, because I'm just an indie kid who prefers wearing hoodies every single day. My poor BSK sweater keeps getting drenched when I have to trudge home.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ May 30 2006, 03:18 AM)
    That actually would make a really good documentary... A great time for that wouuld've been a couple years ago with the boardie-reunion in Chicago...

Yeah.....maybe one day in the future, we'll have another Boardie reunion....'cause I'd love to be there....