In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 28 2006, 11:51 PM)
    Hey, that'd be a great indie project...document all of our lives in an 80's coming-of-age-drama style and how we're all connected by one band. biggrin.gif

Or maybe I'm just dumb.

No. Actually, that's an awesome idea, though, in all likelyhood, we'd all become to distracted by something shiny before we begin filming. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ May 29 2006, 12:48 AM)
    its ok, theres nothing wrong, i just want to be able to tell him honestly how much he means to me without being scared of how he would react. I love him so much that i would gladly give up everything I have just to be with him.

I can only wish you the best of luck. There's something so scary about love, because you're putting all of yourself into one person, and that's frightening. When it's good, it's amazing. But when there's any doubt, it causes such parinoia. Knowing the very little I do about you, you're obviously amazing and full of originality and life. I can't imagine your relationship not working out.

(P.S. My personal problem: the guy I'm closest to at the moment is 10 years older than me. It's not even vaguely romantic, but it's so odd that I feel like I can tell him whatever I feel like with little/no judgement. I haven't had that from a guy for over a year, and even then I had reservations. I don't know what to feel about it.)
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 27 2006, 08:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=59039
    (click to play)
  • gahaha. That's great that you guys learned it backwards, actually it's not really backwards it's just in the other direction. Now, if you had time, would you ever consider actually doing all the moves backwards? I wonder if it would turn out right?
  • I just made a mixed cd, and it didn't have any OK Go on it. I'm scared.
  • Because I am Tempe Arizona, I thought I'd share this hillarious commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ipkuXkEuu8...ge%20%20dristan

It's like sending your sinuses to Arizona! Everyone, pack your bags!
  • HAHAHAHA! Tempe thank you! They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Also I read in a book that "Arizona" is Manhattan speak for rehab, Is that true? or Am I a fool who believes everything she reads?
  • That is such a weird commercial, I can't believe that's what TV was like when my parents were young.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 29 2006, 04:48 AM)
    Because I am Tempe Arizona, I thought I'd share this hillarious commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ipkuXkEuu8...ge%20%20dristan

It's like sending your sinuses to Arizona! Everyone, pack your bags!

See, that used to work, but then all the people who had sinus issues and moved to AZ brought their house plants with them, and then they all started to grow there, too. Kind of a dumb thing to do, really.

At least, that's what I've heard happened.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 29 2006, 09:19 AM)
    Also I read in a book that "Arizona" is Manhattan speak for rehab, Is that true?

Yeah, but it's more of a joke than anything. It's where all the big stars usually end up going for rehab, so it's kind of like when..okay, I wish I could think of a better example, but it's like when girls say "Aunt Flo's in town," y'know? "Oh, yeah, she's headed to Arizona..."
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 29 2006, 10:16 AM)
    See, that used to work, but then all the people who had sinus issues and moved to AZ brought their house plants with them, and then they all started to grow there, too. Kind of a dumb thing to do, really.
    At least, that's what I've heard happened.

Yeps, Jedi_grrlie, you're right. This place used to be just a vast dirty, dusty, cactus filled desert. Quite dry and lacking pollen. But since the mid 1980s, this place has been booming. People have brought in palm trees and many beautiful drought tollerant plants to make the place an oasis. Unfortunately, those plants are loaded with pollen. Since Phoenix is a valley, the pollen has a hard time leaving when there is no wind. So this place used to be an escape from allergies, but no more. My friend's sinuses kill her at this time of year.

QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 29 2006, 06:19 AM)
    HAHAHAHA! Tempe thank you! They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Also I read in a book that "Arizona" is Manhattan speak for rehab, Is that true? or Am I a fool who believes everything she reads?

No, I think that is part true. Some famous model, who's name escapes me at the moment, spent her rehab recently in AZ. There are many resorts in Scottsdale. Tucson has a big fancey resort that is also a fat camp and probably a rehab center. I know where all the resorts are here because my uncle wanted to stay at one when he came to visit. (Lol, no he didn't need rehab, he's just a diva). The resort where Britney Spears stayed a few months before her last baby was born, is very close to where the dean of my school lives.

Glad you guys liked the commercial! It's my little way of pretending you're all packing your bags to visit me. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
  • You know what? I'm gonna learn how to knit.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 29 2006, 05:11 PM)
    You know what? I'm gonna learn how to knit.

i want to learn how to knit... but i don't want to pay $40 for lessons at joanns...
  • I have a stoner friend who's pretty much mastered it. I'm set.
  • well folks! im going to be a dad! not an actual dad, but ive been playing "harvest moon" alot, and now my wife is pregnant! harvest moon is the shit!
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ May 29 2006, 03:27 PM)
    well folks! im going to be a dad! not an actual dad, but ive been playing "harvest moon" alot, and now my wife is pregnant! harvest moon is the shit!

Congrats sweetness! Can I please be the Godmother? I'm head of the Arizona Mafia. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. Now, kiss my ring.
  • uh.... im not really huge on jewellerykissing, i learned the hard way by hanging out with kids from the jewellery department at school. theyre rough!
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ May 29 2006, 03:36 PM)
    uh.... im not really huge on jewellerykissing, i learned the hard way by hanging out with kids from the jewellery department at school. theyre rough!

Yeah, you might want to stay away from my jewlery, since I am in the living roach broach business laugh.gif
  • bugs are gross!
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ May 29 2006, 03:46 PM)
    bugs are gross!

But we'd love to have you as an official member of the Official OkGo Roach Broach Society. Say the word and you're in.
    Do you ever play final fantasy 11? I have a friend who is so terribly addicted to that game.
  • i loves ff7