In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 18 2006, 04:05 AM)
    Okay, let's try this one:

Exploding soda that involves ninjaing out of there before being covered in said soda

OR

exploding hay involving OK Go?

awww. I guess hay wins.

But the soda is so damn satisfying and simple. Since it takes a bit of effort to explode hay, I would recommend trying the soda/mentos thing. It's suprisingly entertaining.
  • Speaking of exploding stuff, I've always been afraid to try that soda and pop rocks thing. I know it's just an urban legend, but....I'm still scared my stomach will explode, and that would suck. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 18 2006, 04:11 AM)
    Speaking of exploding stuff, I've always been afraid to try that soda and pop rocks thing. I know it's just an urban legend, but....I'm still scared my stomach will explode, and that would suck. sad.gif

Hah. I remember the first time I did that. I knew nothing would happen, yet I was nervous for a good half-hour after eating/drinking them together.

It was kind of like those stupid Myspace bulletins that claim that one will die if one doesn't repost. One doesn't believe it, yet one can't help but have a certain trepidatious feeeling about it all.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 18 2006, 12:15 AM)
    It was kind of like those stupid Myspace bulletins that claim that one will die if one doesn't repost. One doesn't believe it, yet one can't help but have a certain trepidatious feeeling about it all.

^^Lovely use of the 3rd person, I must say. wink.gif

(That is 3rd person, right? Ha, I'm such a dork...)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 18 2006, 04:25 AM)
    ^^Lovely use of the 3rd person, I must say. wink.gif
    (That is 3rd person, right? Ha, I'm such a dork...)

haha. I have been so drilled against the use of "you" that I use "one" to a rather unhealthy extent.

I was threatened with ninjas (no joke. That was my English teacher's teaching method: learn or get ninjas. Luckily, we all learned. I have no doubt that she would have found some ninjas if we had not listened).
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 18 2006, 12:26 AM)
    I was threatened with ninjas (no joke. That was my English teacher's teaching method: learn or get ninjas. Luckily, we all learned. I have no doubt that she would have found some ninjas if we had not listened).

HAHA. That reminds me, Karleigh or Kikky once said something relating to OK Go that had to do with ninjas, to which I replied, "I suddenly had visions of us working as ninjas for OK Go. Why OK Go would need ninjas, I don't know."

mellow.gif Shut up, I think I'm amusing. tongue.gif
  • Around the world around the worrrrld
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 17 2006, 11:48 PM)
    HAHA. That reminds me, Karleigh or Kikky once said something relating to OK Go that had to do with ninjas, to which I replied, "I suddenly had visions of us working as ninjas for OK Go. Why OK Go would need ninjas, I don't know."

laugh.gif
    i use to be a ninja for hire on the old board... a shiny nickle got you use of my throwing star skills...
  • I am currently elated. My aunt (a former hippie turned mother and an all-around wonderful woman) dropped off a box full of her old records. So, I am currently curled on the ground recording the Doors onto this computer from the LP. On the list to be recorded are also The Who's Tommy (2 LPs of genius), more Doors, Iron Butterfly, Eagles, Bee Gees, Janis Joplin, and Led Zeppelin.

I'm so happy
  • ^^^So cool! I want some old albums!!! What fun. tongue.gif Did she also give you the Beatles butcher album cover? That's worth a pretty penny.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 19 2006, 01:44 AM)
    ^^^So cool! I want some old albums!!! What fun. tongue.gif Did she also give you the Beatles butcher album cover? That's worth a pretty penny.

Haha. Sadly no. Just the white album.

P.S. Your new sig made me giggle out loud.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jun 18 2006, 08:50 AM)
    laugh.gif
    i use to be a ninja for hire on the old board... a shiny nickle got you use of my throwing star skills...

I might just have to hire you out for OK Go, 'cause apparently they need ninjas....

...oh, wait, you are OK Go, that would be kind of silly then...
  • Duricell batterys support breast cancer ^^

.....um......BUT OTHER THAN THAT, THEY ARE PURE EVIL!!!!!
  • Jedi_grrlie, happy 2000th post! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Scarlet Waffle @ Jun 19 2006, 12:22 AM)
    Duricell batterys support breast cancer ^^
    .....um......BUT OTHER THAN THAT, THEY ARE PURE EVIL!!!!!

I've had a few of those pink batteries, actually. I bought them for my mp3 player...back when it wasn't stuck on "record"...darn you, OK Go concert....ummm....I wasn't trying to record the concert....*looks innocent*...it didn't work anyway...tongue.gif

Thanks Tempe. happy.gif
  • today i sold 100+ of my old baby-sitters club books to half price books because i needed money to buy socially acceptable shoes. they only gave me $8 for all of them, and i immediately felt guilty afterwards since they were a cruicial part of my adolecense. now i feel like i traded in my integrity for a pair of hideous shoes.

i think i'll buy all 100+ back tomorrow.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Jun 19 2006, 02:31 AM)
    today i sold 100+ of my old baby-sitters club books to half price books because i needed money to buy socially acceptable shoes. they only gave me $8 for all of them, and i immediately felt guilty afterwards since they were a cruicial part of my adolecense. now i feel like i traded in my integrity for a pair of hideous shoes.

i think i'll buy all 100+ back tomorrow.

This is why I'm never parting ways with my "Boxcar Children" collection.. laugh.gif

I did get rid of my "Goosebumps" and "Animorphs" books though.

Why is it that people "Support Breast Cancer?"
    Technically, by stating that, they're implying they endorse it. Such as "Hey, you buying the Duracell batteries, we hope you get breast cancer! We donating money to a cause that will help you get it!"

I know they really mean they support the fight against it, but I think this is one time that shortening down the amount of words for an advertising campaign just doesn't work out..

Wow, that sounded very "Jack Handey" of me.
  • i never read animorphs books as a kid because the covers always scared the shit out of me!
  • Boy you know you gotta watch out, cause girls you know there only ever about, that thing that thing, that thing, that thing that thing that thing...

I survived my first moshpit... i feel proud...

The Trews rocked my face off... then Alexisonfire melted my brain... The Stills were rad as well

Attack in black was boring...

ALL ROCKED... cept for the time when some chick head butted me...
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Jun 19 2006, 03:43 AM)
    i never read animorphs books as a kid because the covers always scared the shit out of me!

They were actually really good. I never read a lot of them, but they were funny and entertaining.

I've only ever read the first Boxcar Children, and a couple of Babysitter's Clubs. My adolescence was spent reading American Girls books and Star Wars novels. blink.gif