In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• bright eyes is always good when you feel like you are in a rut...

but be carefull, some Bright eyes songs and push you even further into depression (lol, all during his drunk otta his mind phase!)
  • lol
    i like the calandar hun itself and bowl of oranges
    ^^
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jul 18 2006, 02:55 AM)
    but be carefull, some Bright eyes songs and push you even further into depression

Like, "Haleigh, haleigh, a lie, haleigh." Dear lord, that song is perfect for "PITY ME" moments.
  • Hahaha, apparently while my mom was out getting groceries, she went into the pet store and got me a job there?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 18 2006, 11:43 AM)
    Hahaha, apparently while my mom was out getting groceries, she went into the pet store and got me a job there?

haha... awesome...
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 18 2006, 12:43 PM)
    Hahaha, apparently while my mom was out getting groceries, she went into the pet store and got me a job there?

"Oh, by the way, you have to work tomorrow...now help me put away the groceries..."

blink.gif

Also, I love "I Will Follow You Into The Dark." It's such a gorgeous song. And speaking of DCFC, I got the John Byrd EP yesterday....or the day before...whenever...
  • I'm bopping along to "My Doorbell" and, thankfully, my coworkers don't seem to mind.

I do believe they've just acknowledged the fact that I'm odd. (I have trouble making small talk with people who could be around my parents' ages (give or take a decade). I wish I was more articulate. At least the guy next to me is incredibly nice.)

This summer, an air conditioner was put into my room for the first time (previously, I just had to tear everything off of my bed and wait out the heat until I fell asleep. My parents figured that, since I was away for the majority of the summer, I didn't need an air conditioning). So, now I equate air conditioning with sleep. I'm trying really hard not to doze off.

A nap would be awesome right now. Maybe if I don't drool on the keyboard, they'll just think I'm concentrating really hard?
  • Hey, Amy. How've you been besides nap deprived? Good? Amy, my fellow thespian, how do you know if you're in love with someone, or if you're just settling? I love my best friend, but its just this nervous kind of thing, and I feel like I'm forcing myself to be passionate, if that makes any sense at all.

And drooling excessively on any sort of electric household or office appliance is never a good idea.
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jul 19 2006, 02:01 AM)
    Hey, Amy. How've you been besides nap deprived? Good? Amy, my fellow thespian, how do you know if you're in love with someone, or if you're just settling? I love my best friend, but its just this nervous kind of thing, and I feel like I'm forcing myself to be passionate, if that makes any sense at all.

And drooling excessively on any sort of electric household or office appliance is never a good idea.

Caaaaaaaaaadddy! Haven't seen you around here in a while. How are you my darling?

I'm going to try and answer your question but, you must understand, as trite as it sounds, love definitely differs from person to person. I was in a two-year relationship and thought myself in love (though, post-relationship, I struggled with not knowing if it had actually been love, &c.).

I was a bit confused on how you said you feel like you're "forcing" yourself to be passionate. Is it that you really want to believe you love this person?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 19 2006, 07:27 AM)
    Caaaaaaaaaadddy! Haven't seen you around here in a while. How are you my darling?

I'm going to try and answer your question but, you must understand, as trite as it sounds, love definitely differs from person to person. I was in a two-year relationship and thought myself in love (though, post-relationship, I struggled with not knowing if it had actually been love, &c.).

I was a bit confused on how you said you feel like you're "forcing" yourself to be passionate. Is it that you really want to believe you love this person?

Y es. He's the best friend I've ever had, and he told me he loves me, and I really want to love him back in the same way, but I'm not sure if I do that it will be genuine, or sincere at all. Physically, he's not my type, but emotionally, we connect. I can tell him anything, I get along well with his family, and he's really romantic. I just don't know. Forced passion was some wording that was swimming around in my head and needed to be used. I'm not sure that was the best way to describe the situation.
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jul 19 2006, 04:21 PM)
    Y es. He's the best friend I've ever had, and he told me he loves me, and I really want to love him back in the same way, but I'm not sure if I do that it will be genuine, or sincere at all. Physically, he's not my type, but emotionally, we connect. I can tell him anything, I get along well with his family, and he's really romantic. I just don't know. Forced passion was some wording that was swimming around in my head and needed to be used. I'm not sure that was the best way to describe the situation.

Well, sexual love and friendship love are two totally different things. For example, I love my friends and tell them that regurally, but I would never consider sleeping with them. Still, I love them. I sometimes think that relationships are the same kind of love, just with lust thrown in there; in my eyes, one gets along with his/her Sig. Other in the way that one gets along with friends, but they just happen to be sexually attracted to that person as well (which is the crucial missing factor in FriendLove).

Did he mean "I love you" in a way that was trying to push toward a relationship other than friendship?

I'm pretty sure I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 19 2006, 10:12 AM)
    Did he mean "I love you" in a way that was trying to push toward a relationship other than friendship?
    I'm pretty sure I don't know what I'm talking about.

Yes. I believe his exact words were "I think I'm in love with you." I don't know what else I should take that to mean. And you don't have to know what you're talking about. You're an actor, and your target audience (me) is gullible.
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jul 19 2006, 06:22 PM)
    Yes. I believe his exact words were "I think I'm in love with you." I don't know what else I should take that to mean. And you don't have to know what you're talking about. You're an actor, and your target audience (me) is gullible.

Awwwwww, ok. I think that's a definite trying to make the relationship something more. I have to say, that was a pretty gutsy move for him; it takes a lot of nerve to actually say that (why do you think there are so many advice columns with women writing in about men who haven't said the L-word yet?).

However, just because he feels that way doesn't mean that you're obligated to return the favor right away, or even at all. This is, obviously, a difficult situation as he is your best friend. As trite as it sounds, it could hurt him more by going along with it when you really don't return the sentiment. I would wait it out a bit and see if he brings it up again.

edit: Again, I'm not that great at advice. eh.
  • Argh! I'm mad- The Magic Numbers, Sonic Youth and The Flaming Lips are touring together, and I'd be very inclined to go see them, except they're coming to NYC/PA AFTER I head off to France.

tongue.gif
  • **dripping with sarcasm**

Oh no. You're going to miss a concert because you'll be in France. What a shame. dry.gif
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jul 19 2006, 06:52 PM)
    **dripping with sarcasm**

Oh no. You're going to miss a concert because you'll be in France. What a shame. dry.gif

Shush. I didn't say it was the end of the world, it's just a really great line up. tongue.gif
  • You'll be seeing OK Go in Paris, THAT'S a great line up.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jul 19 2006, 07:03 PM)
    You'll be seeing OK Go in Paris, THAT'S a great line up.

Well, yes, but it's not like OK Go is the only band I'm interested in seeing, ever. I'd get bored pretty quickly, and they'd probably get tired of seeing me.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jul 19 2006, 07:12 PM)
    Well, yes, but it's not like OK Go is the only band I'm interested in seeing, ever. I'd get bored pretty quickly, and they'd probably get tired of seeing me.

Paris is an internationally city, I'm sure you'll fall in love with a lot of parisian bands and non-french bands that drift through. BTW, where is OK Go performing?
  • Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da is possibly the happiest song ever.