In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• the one time i left was to go to econ discussion and get coffee on the way back -__-
    and i used the bathrooms in the library.

yeah im never doing that again it was ridiculous!
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Jun 5 2007, 09:04 PM)
    the one time i left was to go to econ discussion and get coffee on the way back -__-
    and i used the bathrooms in the library.

yeah im never doing that again it was ridiculous!

Girl you deserve a mega mega gift of some sort! I wish I had something really cool to give you. You're amazing.
  • I was just in Bumblefuck, France for three days, and oh, my God, I am sort of scarred.

I didn't go to sleep 'til 4 or 5 am last night and did so with the television on (with the TV on! I NEVER EVER NEVER sleep with the TV on!) because I was THE ONLY PERSON IN MY HOTEL (event the boss had left) and I was SO TERRIFIED that someone was going to break into the hotel and go after me that I didn't let myself fall asleep until it was daylight again.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 6 2007, 10:02 PM)
    I was just in Bumblefuck, France for three days, and oh, my God, I am sort of scarred.

I didn't go to sleep 'til 4 or 5 am last night and did so with the television on (with the TV on! I NEVER EVER NEVER sleep with the TV on!) because I was THE ONLY PERSON IN MY HOTEL (event the boss had left) and I was SO TERRIFIED that someone was going to break into the hotel and go after me that I didn't let myself fall asleep until it was daylight again.

But look! You are still alive!

That reminds me of the time that I finally refused to forward those stupid "if you don't forward this, someone will come in and kill you at 2 am" forward things. I woke up at 1:55 am and was convinced I was going to die.

Of course, my story is a lot more ridiculous than yours and I probably would have peed myself had I been in your situation.

Random things:
    -When I was little, I was convinced that if you slept in the same bed as someone, it meant that you MUST love them. So, after sleeping over a friends house where we shared a bed (because the floor was cold and she was being nice), I went home and tearfully announced to my mom that I must be a lesbian. She laughed.
  • When I was little, I thought sex meant kissing, so even before I had ever kissed a boy, I got in a fight with some girl and to be cooler I yelled, "YEAH!? WELL I'M NOT A VIRGIN! HAH!"
  • HAHAHAHA. I hope you won that fight.

Didn't one of Henry VIII's wives (the foreign one. The second divorced one.) think she consumated the marriage because he kissed her goodnight? I think when he was trying to get divorced, they asked if she was pregnant and she was like "omgz well he kissed me." The ladies in waiting or whatever had to explain that she couldn't have gotten pregnant that way.

However, that is vastly different from your story since 1) you were tiny and 2) not a queen of england
  • 36   <HFoC>    36 (Bleach Time) says (00:01):
    ooo?
    better then wobbleing on a log?

How can they see the Love in our eyes, And still they don't believe us, And after all this time, They don't want to believe us(8) says (00:02):
    lot lot better

36   <HFoC>    36 (Bleach Time) says (00:02):
    oh my
  • i suppose that was random
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 6 2007, 11:10 PM)
    Random things:
    -When I was little, I was convinced that if you slept in the same bed as someone, it meant that you MUST love them. So, after sleeping over a friends house where we shared a bed (because the floor was cold and she was being nice), I went home and tearfully announced to my mom that I must be a lesbian. She laughed.

QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 6 2007, 11:22 PM)
    When I was little, I thought sex meant kissing, so even before I had ever kissed a boy, I got in a fight with some girl and to be cooler I yelled, "YEAH!? WELL I'M NOT A VIRGIN! HAH!"

hahahahah!!! omg

i thought that b4 the 1950s the world was black and white cuz i always heard that t.v. was....that was really stupid.
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Jun 8 2007, 05:20 AM)
    hahahahah!!! omg

i thought that b4 the 1950s the world was black and white cuz i always heard that t.v. was....that was really stupid.

When I first saw my dad on TV, I got SO confused that he was "in the box" and standing next to me at the same time. Apparently I thought that everything was shot live. Or something. I seem to remember wondering how he got shrunk to fit in the screen.... Oh we were dumb. laugh.gif
  • Hahaha awwww

When I was little, I used to watch a lot of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. He used to do a segment where he would go an "visit" someone and, being all polite and whatnot, he would turn to the screen and go "and this is my television friend" (mimicing an introduction between the kid to the person he was visitng). I was always told not to talk to strangers and, since the person he was visiting was, in my mind a stranger, I would run to the side of the TV and hide until the introduction was over; I thought they would be able to see me if I stayed in front of the TV and I didn't want to be seen by a stranger.
  • awww....i loved mr.rogers... did any of yall used to watch Mr.Dressup? or maybe he was just a canadian thing... he used to dress up in different costumes and go talk to his puppet friends.. wub.gif
  • Mr. Dressup so owned Mr. Rogers. I mean, there was a dancing raccoon named Lorenzo.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 5 2007, 11:56 PM)
    The British guy on "America's Got Talent" makes Simon Cowel look like a scoweling teddy bear. And what's a British guy doing hosting a show about Americans anyway?

hahaha! so true!!! My sisters and I were watching it and all of a sudden, my sister asks, "why are they all British?"
    And I was like, "David's not British..." And she goes, "why are British people judging America's Got Talent anyway?" And it was such an obvious question- why are 2/3 of the judges British? All I could say was, "British people are the only people in the world qualified to judge." which is a silly thing to say but I couldn't think of any other answer.

Sharon is such a drama queen though! The way she walked off and said she'd quit- good grief.

Tonetoile and Mixed Tape- your childhood stories made me laugh so hard I spilled my juice smile.gif
  • I don't normally drive on the highway; I am a nervous driver and being on the highway only makes me more nervous.

However, yesterday, rather than the easy route home I was supposed to take, I accidently got on the wrong ramp and ended up on the highway in the middle of rush hour. I freaked out. I started getting panic-y and drumming my fingers on the wheel (nervous habit) and biting my nails, trying to merge in and certain I was going to die (see? Nervous driver).

I frantically looked for something to calm me down and I saw my Dad's copy of the Dirty Dancing soundtrack on the dash and popped it in on a whim, even if i hate the music (read: every road trip, my parents would put this on and sing along and my brother and I groaned dramatically in the back in protest).

It calmed me down. The Dirty Dancing soundtrack calmed me down. I corrected myself and found myself heading home. Dirty Dancing saved my life.

What the hell
  • Did you have the time of your life?

I mean... Dirty dancing soothes the soul? who knew.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 8 2007, 09:39 PM)
    I don't normally drive on the highway; I am a nervous driver and being on the highway only makes me more nervous.

However, yesterday, rather than the easy route home I was supposed to take, I accidently got on the wrong ramp and ended up on the highway in the middle of rush hour. I freaked out. I started getting panic-y and drumming my fingers on the wheel (nervous habit) and biting my nails, trying to merge in and certain I was going to die (see? Nervous driver).

I frantically looked for something to calm me down and I saw my Dad's copy of the Dirty Dancing soundtrack on the dash and popped it in on a whim, even if i hate the music (read: every road trip, my parents would put this on and sing along and my brother and I groaned dramatically in the back in protest).

It calmed me down. The Dirty Dancing soundtrack calmed me down. I corrected myself and found myself heading home. Dirty Dancing saved my life.

What the hell

La vie est bizarre parfois.
  • double post whoooo
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jun 8 2007, 07:49 PM)
    Did you have the time of your life?

I'd never felt that way before. Yes I swear, it's the truth!
    (and I owe it all to you?)

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 8 2007, 07:53 PM)
    La vie est bizarre parfois.

C'est vrai. Mais, je crois que ce n'est pas "parfois," mais "toujours."
  • I graduated from high school today, so now I finally have time to check the boards!