In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• Aww sad.gif why so far away?
  • Well, my dad's a pilot so he lives in Japan where he works at the moment. My step mother is Khmer (meaning from Cambodia) and she hates Japan so she lives in Cambodia with her gold digging family, mooching off my fathers money with my baby sister. He divides his time between Japan and Cambodia and comes to Australia maybe twice a year and I'mr eally, really lucky if he brings my sister with him.

He probably won't move back to Australia 'til he retires which is God knows when. So until then, I'll barely see her, which blows 'cause I adore her.
  • That is so sad! Why do you live there instead of with her?
  • lol well Cambodia is Cambodia. As much as Angelina Jolie loves to make it out to be this big fantasmical place, it doesn't change the fact it's a third world freaking country that's fairly dangerous to live in with crappy conditions etc.

Australia is where more of my family are, it's where I've lived the last 13/14 odd years and well... what on Earth would I do in Cambodia?
  • I don't know much about Cambodia.

Besides being away form some of your family, do you like Australia?
  • Yeah, I love Australia. The weather's great, the people are great, we're so ridiculously different from everyone else. The only thing I don't particularly like is the lack of tours from my favourite artists lol.
  • Aww sad.gif
    I've always wanted to go to Australia.
    I even did a country report on it in 6th grade smile.gif
  • lol what can you remember from it tongue.gif and what was your grade?
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 12 2007, 02:54 PM)
    Yeah, I love Australia. The weather's great, the people are great, we're so ridiculously different from everyone else. The only thing I don't particularly like is the lack of tours from my favourite artists lol.

Amen to that!!
    biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Aug 12 2007, 03:06 PM)
    Amen to that!!
    biggrin.gif

Must. See. OK Go. Again.

*dies*
  • I believe I got a 100, but possibly a 95 (but I think the 95 was what my friend got on hers...hmm)
    Okay heres a list of what I think I remember, so if something is wrong, don't hate:
    -Australia has provinces.
    -I included a picture of a kangaroo crossing sign because I had never seen one in person and thought it was one of the best things.
    -I think the schools were called primary and secondary rather than elementary school and middle school.
    -I had the population, but I can't remember what it was
    -Aboriginals and dijoridoos (spelling?)
    -Some sort of rock thing, I can't remember the name, but I can picture it.
    -the opera house in Sydney

Hmm, I thought I would remember more, maybe some things will come to me later.

Edit:
    -the seasons are opposite fromt he ones here.

...So I googled Australia, and here is the "rock thing"
    I thing I just read that it is called Ayers Rock.
  • I think by provinces you mean states/territories?

And yes they're called primary and secondary happy.gif The population has probably gone up since you were in the 6th grade wink.gif Unless that was like... last year. And the rock is now known as Uluru tongue.gif It's big and red.
  • I'm sort of an Australia fanatic. My dad's been there plenty of times and fully intends on taking me, and every time, it just doesn't work out.
  • I don't think anyone calls the rock Ayers Rock anymore. Uluru is it's indigenous name or whatevs and there was a gigantic stink kicked up about it years and years ago so yeah, basically it's Uluru now. It's a big ugly red looking thing.
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 12 2007, 01:10 AM)
    I think by provinces you mean states/territories?
    And yes they're called primary and secondary happy.gif The population has probably gone up since you were in the 6th grade wink.gif Unless that was like... last year. And the rock is now known as Uluru tongue.gif It's big and red.

Hmm, maybe I do, but I didn't think they were called states. Hmm.

And that's the name of the rock? Then what did I just find on google? Or is that it with the wrong name...because that looks like what I am remembering...?
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 12 2007, 01:14 AM)
    I don't think anyone calls the rock Ayers Rock anymore. Uluru is it's indigenous name or whatevs and there was a gigantic stink kicked up about it years and years ago so yeah, basically it's Uluru now. It's a big ugly red looking thing.

Ohhhh....you know that whole story sounds familiar...I think I use to know that smile.gif
  • I'm watching Sex and the City and Carrie said to Berger, "OK, Go" and I giggled.
  • Oh, that happens to much in everyday conversation! My friends have embraced my love of the band and we all yell "OK GO!" right back every time someone accidentally says it.

When I'm not with my friends... I just smile. smile.gif
  • Somehow my friends still haven't caught on when I do things like that. Someone will say "get over it" and i'll go "Yeah! Get get get get get over it!!" and start giggling uncontrollably and they have no idea why... how many times to I have to explain it!!??

edit: on second thoughts, I'm surprised I have friends at all laugh.gif