In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• i'm watching that new show on VH1, that has celebrities (washed up, C-Listers) going to rehab, and, I'm not sure which Baldwin brother it is... all I know is, it's not Alec... anywho, the Baldwin is wearing an MSU Basketball jacket... I think that's kinda sweet (even though he's a recovering drug addict). I just like seeing 'State Basketball' on something that ISN'T, ESPN...
  • I HAVE A NEW FRIDGE! (and this time it's not 20 years old with weird noises...)my food can feel safe again.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 20 2008, 06:11 PM)
    i'm watching that new show on VH1, that has celebrities (washed up, C-Listers) going to rehab, and, I'm not sure which Baldwin brother it is... all I know is, it's not Alec... anywho, the Baldwin is wearing an MSU Basketball jacket... I think that's kinda sweet (even though he's a recovering drug addict). I just like seeing 'State Basketball' on something that ISN'T, ESPN...

Hah I watched that yesterday.

I think it was Daniel Baldwin
  • haha yes, it was. The green jacket he is wearing at one point is from my university smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 20 2008, 08:55 PM)
    haha yes, it was. The green jacket he is wearing at one point is from my university smile.gif

sweeeeet biggrin.gif
  • i'm obviously easily excited... oh well smile.gif OH! and i think i'm going to get myself an old school polaroid camera... tone... where are you?! i need advice! haha
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 20 2008, 09:36 PM)
    i'm obviously easily excited... oh well smile.gif

I understand! Believe me. rolleyes.gif
  • I can give you Polaroid advice, if you want!

For reference:
    http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...amp;#entry55934
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 20 2008, 09:36 PM)
    i'm obviously easily excited... oh well smile.gif OH! and i think i'm going to get myself an old school polaroid camera... tone... where are you?! i need advice! haha

Go to a thrift store. Get an Autofocus 660 (or whatever else catches your attention). They're usually priced at around $3. If it doesn't work, go buy another one. You'll be spending so much on film that it's not worth buying an expensive camera from somewhere else.

P.S. new pictures
    I hate pigeons

My backyard
  • Friday, promptly at 5 pm, this one teacher goes around harrassing any remaining students and faculty in the building to leave. I finished with a patient at 4 pm and had a butload of things to accomplish along with trying to clean up all before 5 pm. Twas a like a crazy race to get it all done. I finished all the important little errands but still had to go back and clean up the mess I had made from the afternoon's work on a patient. Of course, that's when this teacher has to go around harrassing everyone. He was really starting to bother me with his snarky little jokes and menacing rat-like nose. As he left, I said, "Oh, pardon me. Let me take a moment to step into the cloning machine so that I can get everything done on your schedule." Then I proceded to give him the finger. The best part was that he noticed none of this. Moral of the story: never make me have to bring out my Jersey side on yo' ass.

• uh this is kind of random:

I watched part of the Flight of the Conchords in spanish today for 3 reasons:
    1. I was that bored.
    2. Because I love this show THAT much, to watch it in a language I don't really understand. (eventhough I took like 5 years of spanish...whoops)
    3. To see if the songs were in spanish....and they were...and it was awesome!
  • Hau, Howard, Hou, Bau, Howie, and Tin!

Does it sound like a spell I'm casting? It's actually a group of Loatian and Vietnamese men I met yesterday at my grandson's birthday party. Hau is the father, Howie's my grandson. The others are friends of Hau's. (Hau and Hou are pronounced like "how." Bau is pronounced like "bow." Tin is prnounced as it sounds. No, it's not "Tim" but "Tin")
  • I have learnt two lessons today:

You can't go out in the rain, expecting to stay dry... and singing Rihannas "umbrella" song while people around you are cursing the rain is not the best idea either (I didn't even have an umbrella, I was soaked!! umbrella-ella-ella-ella... I hate that song but it's so much fun to sing and I love Mc Flys cover of it)
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 21 2008, 11:32 AM)
    I have learnt two lessons today:

You can't go out in the rain, expecting to stay dry... and singing Rihannas "umbrella" song while people around you are cursing the rain is not the best idea either (I didn't even have an umbrella, I was soaked!! umbrella-ella-ella-ella... I hate that song but it's so much fun to sing and I love Mc Flys cover of it)

McFly covered it? Oh man, that I've gotta hear. I loved Rihanna on Graham Norton, and how he kept making jokes with Nigella Lawson calling her Nigella-ella-ella-ella.
  • That's the second song I've heard by Mc Fly actually. I watched some videos on youtube as you started admiring these guys... (I wanted to know who they were as their label said they won't support the band here in Germany until Busted got some hits... :S)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fZWDhXwNE8...feature=related

and this is something I might have posted before, but it's hillarious so I just put it here again: another cover this time by vanilla sky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvC6VS4Np4U

they did the video...omg. slightly disturbing too
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 20 2008, 04:44 PM)
    I can give you Polaroid advice, if you want!

LOVED your pics, Kay smile.gif

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 20 2008, 06:19 PM)
    Go to a thrift store. Get an Autofocus 660 (or whatever else catches your attention). They're usually priced at around $3. If it doesn't work, go buy another one. You'll be spending so much on film that it's not worth buying an expensive camera from somewhere else.

tone... I actually found one for $4 on ebay... just waiting for the auction to end smile.gif
  • I am so bored that my brain is going to shrivel up and die. No, really.

Why is the office even OPEN today?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 21 2008, 12:47 PM)
    I am so bored that my brain is going to shrivel up and die. No, really.

Why is the office even OPEN today?

Once upon a time there was a Lovely Princess who worked for a Wicked Wizard in a stifling office building called ZorCom!. (Yes, the wizard and his company were so evil that there was even an exclamation point at the end of the company's name.) One day, the Lovely Princess escaped the Wicked Wizard to get a drink of coffee at the local beverage establishment. There she met Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince. This prince had a trusty bald headed squire. Ironically, Trusty Bald Headed Squire was the squire's name. Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince could talk about anything and everything. While Trusty Bald Headed Squire nodded in agreement to nearly everything the prince said. Lovely Princess could barely get a word in. But she soon realized she had to get back to work or Wicked Wizard would be angry. She ran off on Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince right in the middle of his monologue about apples, lye, and how to be charming and suspicious while all at the same time being vicious. (Most people in the room completely lost track of what Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince was saying a long time ago.)

As Lovely Princess charged from the room, she left behind her address book with all the important people she was supposed to call that day. Wicked Wizard would not be happy about this. He had people working on a day most people get off from work. But no, not ZorCom!. At ZorCom! work must proceed continuously. The Wicked Wizard had a slew of house elves laboring for him. All Lovely Princess could do was shake her head and feel sorry for her house elf friends. Lovely Princess came back to work, her head still spinning with a mixture of happiness and confusion at having chatted with Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince. Soon she realized she had left behind her address book! She panicked. She knew she couldn't leave work and look for it. Wicked Wizard had cameras everywhere. He would never let Lovely Princess leave. Still, she needed her address book or encounter Wicked Wizard's wrath.

As she sat there, planning what to do. She suddenly heard a guitar cord, similar to the cord played in one of her favorite songs DWYW. (We're still trying to figure out what the initials DWYW stands for. Apparently its' somthing, but then again, it could be nothing.) Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince came thru the doors with a guitar in his hands and music in his heart. He brought with him his friends. Their names were Bliss in Silver Pants, Drum Pounding Sparkle Eyes, and of course Trusty Bald Headed Squire. They played her a song and presented her with her address book. Wicked Wizard did not like this disturbance. He came down from his office at the top of the bell tower to see what the commotion was. When he saw the four lads, a magic shuffle insued. Wicked Wizzard used incantations to turn the guitars into animals. But instead, the magic backfired onto Wicked Wizard. Wicked Wizard turned himself back into human and declared that the only way the lads could stay for the day was if he could play too. The lads let him audition for them. And so he did. He could play drums with his feet, guitar with one hand, a triangle with the other hand, and a kazoo all at once. The lads were impressed. Wicked Wizard, at least for a few hours, became Musical Maniac. The house elves continued their work, but this time more happily as the music played. Lovely Princess got a raise in her salary. And they all lived happily ever after.

(^^A mix of all sorts of genres that I can get sued for: Harry Potter, Beatles cartoon, Mixed Up Fairy Tales, Scooby Doo. Renaissance Fair Meets 1970s kitch....But all for the Lovely Princess wink.gif )
  • That is quite honestly the greatest story I have ever read in my entire life. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be for the Handsome Coffee Addicted Prince to whisk the Lovely Princess away and bring her on tour, and write songs for them to sing as duets because he loves her singing voice so very much. Maybe in the sequel?

PS, I'll have you know that I've now printed your story and it's going to be posted at my desk.
  • Tempe, you are an amazing story teller, I want such a story now everyday before I go to bed... biggrin.gif