In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Aug 8 2008, 07:58 PM)
    Awhile ago I burned abunch of their cds and put like nice covers on them to give to this group of people we had to like give stuff to, but i forgot to give them so now i have abunch of their cds. Do you think its like ok for me to just pass them out to random people who will take one. I mean I don't want to pass them out by trying to get peopl to listen you know and then totally be like shaming them idk. Give me your thoughts.

whose cd's have you got in mind?

I love that idea though. Like passing out flyers on the street for a new restaraunt, but instead it's for a good band. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 8 2008, 09:17 PM)
    Gah, I hate making resumes! I'm so very random.

http://www.smith.edu/cdo/students/handouts/resume-book.pdf

Seriously, I just copied everything from that.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Aug 8 2008, 12:10 PM)
    smile.gif thats exactly why i keep coming back andy... im looked after i feel like i'm part of a mob... in a good way.

AHAHAHA. Fantastic. This is the only forum that I've ever managed to really "get into." Everywhere else is just full of jerks or the members don't post compulsively and it get super-boring super-quick.

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Aug 8 2008, 12:51 AM)
    They're trying to knock her down. They *want* to see her fall. I feel so badly for her.

Oh, of course they do. It's the age-old story. Look at every other pop starlet who's come along in the past ten years. Everybody loves the old good-girl-falls-from-grace story. Unfortunately for her, everything's working against her.

And the Jonas Brothers are just terrible. tongue.gif

EDIT : Double post, ooops.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 9 2008, 01:15 AM)
    whose cd's have you got in mind?

I love that idea though. Like passing out flyers on the street for a new restaraunt, but instead it's for a good band. laugh.gif

Ok Go cd's. So you don't think its like against any law or anything?
  • Dami has said in the past he doesnt mind how people find out about okgo, as long as they do find out about okgo

• sad.gif R.I.P. Bernie Mac
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Aug 9 2008, 01:05 PM)
    sad.gif R.I.P. Bernie Mac

No way!? How did that happen? sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 10 2008, 01:12 AM)
    No way!? How did that happen? sad.gif

You can read one story here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_bernie_mac...qw9RzX2tvTZn414
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Aug 9 2008, 02:05 PM)
    sad.gif R.I.P. Bernie Mac

that was so shocking. i couldnt believe it. he died to early, he didnt even get to make a bunch of bad movies in which he wore a fat suit. rip.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUO5egMW-_o

I was reminded of this last night and it TOTALLY made my life.
  • Alice wanted me to tell you all that she loves you and that she saw the DWYW suits in Vegas and took a lot of pictures that she'll post when she gets back home.

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 8 2008, 12:23 AM)
    The wedding is on Sunday Sept 14. The friend who was supposed to spend the week with me will only be with me during that weekend. I was thinking of flying in on the Monday or Tuesday before the wedding. I'll have a car to get around in San Jose. But I hoped SF would have some good transport, as they were recently made one of the U.S.'s most walkable cities. Ah!!! Thank you so much for those helpful links. Brilliant! Is there a dangerous side of town I should avoid going near? Wow, Chinese food in your own kitchen. Lucky! cool.gif I would love to spend some time with you. I've always wanted to play in a photobooth as well. I'm happy to have some sort of connection to an unfamiliar city. As long as I won't get in your way. I was thinking of getting into San Jose, spending some time there, and then take a few day trips to SF with San Jose as my homebase. I still have to research what I want to do and how I want to get around in California in general. The suggestions you gave really help. It's hard for me to narrow it down with those travel books.

Well, I guess some of the downtown areas are kind of sketchy, but usually just at night. So as long as you don't go wandering around the city late at night, you should be fine. If I don't have work, I'd be more than happy to show you around!
  • i got spaghetti sauce on my shirt... sad.gif
  • Hurray, Allie!! We all miss her. Glad she's having fun. Where's she off to next I wonder.

QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Aug 11 2008, 07:28 PM)
    i got spaghetti sauce on my shirt... sad.gif

Oh no, it's not any of the lovely shirts you made is it?

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Aug 11 2008, 05:11 PM)
    Well, I guess some of the downtown areas are kind of sketchy, but usually just at night. So as long as you don't go wandering around the city late at night, you should be fine. If I don't have work, I'd be more than happy to show you around!

Come on now. I'm just the type of person to walk around sketchy streets at night. wink.gif Thanks for the heads-up. Yey, we'll see how it goes. I still have to make the plans. My roomate was always the one making plans in advance. I miss her. She kept me on top of things. I'd love to get together with you as long as you don't have to work. My mom's happy I have some sort of connection to that part of the country. She's a bit nervous about me exploring places alone even though that's what I tend to do. BTW, how is work going?

• it is only 8:43am, but i'm listening to Marvin Gaye and i want to soul train
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 11 2008, 10:31 PM)
    oh no, it's not any of the lovely shirts you made is it?

thankful no, i was having a lazy day yesterday and never changed outta my pjs... the sauce fell right in the middle of the sun on my shirt, so i guess if it stains, the sun will just have a nose... tongue.gif
  • I miss Alice!
  • i miss my wifey!
  • I miss my sister!
  • ah, I miss her too.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 11 2008, 08:31 PM)
    Hurray, Allie!! We all miss her. Glad she's having fun. Where's she off to next I wonder.

Come on now. I'm just the type of person to walk around sketchy streets at night. wink.gif Thanks for the heads-up. Yey, we'll see how it goes. I still have to make the plans. My roomate was always the one making plans in advance. I miss her. She kept me on top of things. I'd love to get together with you as long as you don't have to work. My mom's happy I have some sort of connection to that part of the country. She's a bit nervous about me exploring places alone even though that's what I tend to do. BTW, how is work going?

She's in SF for a few more days. Then she's just moving down the California coast.

Yeah, my mom is kind of like that too, except my mom makes friends with everyone she meets, so she knows people everywhere. So the few times that I have traveled without her, she gives me contact numbers for her friends in the area in case anything happens, but I'm quite good at traveling by myself. Today was my first official day of work. It's okay. Kind of boring right now, but it's going to get super busy next week (I'm working at a college bookstore).