In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• Do you think I could make it to Chicago by 11 A.M. Wednesday?

D:

it's the most incredible wrock concert ever imagined... srsly. Thirty bands! THIRTY! And all of them pretty much brilliant! REALLY!

adfjchvxbnaerfdhxdhbrdcvxhjbndzcj so much jealousy. so much.

EDIT: actually, why am I not at Terminus in general? Seriously? Why?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 29 2008, 10:31 PM)
    My friend who was supposed to spend a few days exploring San Jose and San Francisco with me beforing attending our friend's wedding in San Jose, found out she has to work and now she can only go to San Jose for the wedding. I get to spend a week in San Jose and San Francisco by myself. Gah! I knew this would happen. This is a new job and her first job so she was afraid to ask for a few days extra. Ah, I can understand it. I'd be the same way. At least I get to plan a vacation by myself and for myself. I've always wanted to plan my own itinerary. Any suggests on what to see in that area of Cali?

I'm pretty much the most important thing to see in San Francisco. I'll even bake for you!

Uh, I don't really have any suggestions. I don't go out much except for concerts, but if you want to feel touristy, then you should go to Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, Haight, Golden Gate Park, and ride a cable car. I can show you the Walgreen's in which Dan bought something, if you're interested. As for things to eat while you're here, you should eat a real San Francisco burrito (Chipotle is supposedly based off of them) and an It's-It. It's the first thing my mom ate when she came to San Francisco and we drive by the factory all the time on our way to the grandparents' house.

I have no idea what's in San Jose. I've only driven through it. As for other cities in the area, I love Monterey, but just for the aquarium. It's a bit of a drive though. About 3 hours south of SF.
  • ITS-IT?! I love those things! happy.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 4 2008, 05:48 PM)
    At the end of Jeopardy, when the ending music is playing and Alex is standing around talking to the three contestants, what do you suppose their talking about?

mustache. thats what.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Aug 6 2008, 11:45 AM)
    mustache. thats what.

ah, so obvious and yet so elusive.

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Aug 5 2008, 11:54 PM)
    I'm pretty much the most important thing to see in San Francisco. I'll even bake for you!

Uh, I don't really have any suggestions. I don't go out much except for concerts, but if you want to feel touristy, then you should go to Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, Haight, Golden Gate Park, and ride a cable car. I can show you the Walgreen's in which Dan bought something, if you're interested. As for things to eat while you're here, you should eat a real San Francisco burrito (Chipotle is supposedly based off of them) and an It's-It. It's the first thing my mom ate when she came to San Francisco and we drive by the factory all the time on our way to the grandparents' house.

I have no idea what's in San Jose. I've only driven through it. As for other cities in the area, I love Monterey, but just for the aquarium. It's a bit of a drive though. About 3 hours south of SF.

Aww, you're so sweet, ezovera! Wow, baking, you don't have to do that. I'm no Ok Go.

Ah, thanks for the suggestions! Maybe there's a good bus tour of the sites. They have things like that in England. Ooo a cable car. Have you ever been on one? I picture native San Francisoans doing that all day long. I'm renting a car, but I hear driving around San Franciso is rather hard. Do you think there's a bus that goes from San Jose to SF? I've really gotta research this stuff. I've been lazy. Ah, you've got your very own Dan Walgreens! That is so cool. I'd love to go into my local Walgreens knowing Dan was there. tongue.gif

Ah, *drool* SF burrito. I hear the Chinese food is also the best, but I'd be afraid to buy any in Chinatown as it'd be too authentic and I'd have no idea what to get. Oh sweet mamasita, that ice cream looks good! What does an ice cream factory smell like? Sounds like a mythical beast that is only heard but never seen...or smelled.

I don't know why my roomate invited one of our old idiot teachers to the wedding! It's the same teacher that made me cry just before my licensing exam. This teacher is one chromosome away from being a gym teacher rather than a dentist. I hope she doesn't come. Thanks again for the tips, ezovera! If anything, I hope we'll get a chance to get together. I've only ever met one other boardie before.
  • There are bus tours with double decker buses that have the open top. If you go to Fisherman's Wharf, you can find them. I've been on a cable car once like a million years ago when I was little, so I don't really remember what it was like. Usually it's only tourists that ride cable cars, but I did have a friend who took a cable car home. We don't have the best transit system, but it's pretty good. Driving can be hard because of all the hills and you'll never be able to find parking, so if you're only here for a week, then I think you should just get a bus pass for a week. Here's our transit site: http://www.sfmta.com/cms/home/sfmta.php. There's a commuter train from San Francisco to San Jose. Here's a link for that: http://www.caltrain.com/.

My mom makes and buys all the Chinese food I eat, so I can't help you there. I have no idea what an ice cream factory smells like because we only drive by with the windows rolled up. I imagine it smells wonderful inside though.

I hope that teacher isn't there either! She sounds horrible.

I hope I get to meet you! I always want to take out of town people to Fisherman's Wharf to take photobooth pictures, but I haven't had anyone from out of town visit me. Perhaps you'd like to come with me? When are you going to be here anyway?
  • someone in another board just made be feel bad/unwelcome... barf... at me loving bands with assy boards... okgo is probably the only exception to that... this board is awesome... i heart you guys.
  • who did this mel?

want us to fuck um up?
  • Aww, we'll always be nice to you Mel! I'm glad this is the only board I'm part of. Other boards sounds scary and mean.
  • wub.gif thanks guys, you guys are darlings. and you're totally right... others are scary and mean i should just stick to this one ... and the kardi kids of cours wink.gif
  • People here are SO nice. That's a shame that happened to you Mel because you are awesome. I used to talk on the Coldplay boards about four years ago but people virtually ignored me there. These boards are the friendliest I have come across! You guys rock!
  • aw, Mel, that board doesn't deserve you!

I feel so sorry for Miley Cyrus. Nick Jonas sounds like a jerk, and I'm glad she spoke up. My heart really goes out to her- she set records for her concert tours and all of a sudden, everybody's turned on her. I mean, I can understand if hey, the whole Vanity Fair thing upset some parents or whatnot (although, you know, she apologized! And let he who is without sin cast the first stone! parents who criticize her or her upbringing are sickening me now) , but I feel like EN MASSE is the media, bloggers, old fans, just everybody is really pushing and pushing all at once. They're trying to knock her down. They *want* to see her fall. I feel so badly for her.

Selena Gomez is another poser, trying to fit a Disney good girl image, just like Britney Spears, like Lohan, etc. We all know it's false bravado, staging and money. So what disgusts me about her is how blatantly she is exhibiting her own good girl bravado as a foiler to Miley. It's mean. What's worse is how many ppl believe it, say they love the "real" good girl Selena and not that awful Miley anymore. And that this Nick goes from one to the other- shudder. He's a rat, and he'd be nothing if Miley hadn't had his band support her.

Granted, I think all of them are terrible musicians and nobody older than 12 should listen to them. And it annoys me that they are plastered over every magazine cover, every Target commercial, every entertainment piece on tv and online, and until I happened to click and read Miley's story today, I was using "WHY ARE THE JONAS BROTHERS EVERYWHERE I LOOK?" as an away message.

But I just feel so badly for Miley now...She is, after all, only 15, the same age as my little sister. It's scary how that South Park ep came to be reality.
  • Rawr, I hate other boards. People can be such arses. I've stated this before and I'll state it again... you guys are the bestestest ever. Yup.

• QUOTE (agentnumone @ Aug 7 2008, 06:27 PM)
    wub.gif thanks guys, you guys are darlings. and you're totally right... others are scary and mean i should just stick to this one ... and the kardi kids of cours wink.gif

Anyone who messes with Mel, messes with me. Let me at them! I'll unleash my roach army on them. mad.gif

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Aug 7 2008, 04:10 PM)
    There are bus tours with double decker buses that have the open top. If you go to Fisherman's Wharf, you can find them. I've been on a cable car once like a million years ago when I was little, so I don't really remember what it was like. Usually it's only tourists that ride cable cars, but I did have a friend who took a cable car home. We don't have the best transit system, but it's pretty good. Driving can be hard because of all the hills and you'll never be able to find parking, so if you're only here for a week, then I think you should just get a bus pass for a week. Here's our transit site: http://www.sfmta.com/cms/home/sfmta.php. There's a commuter train from San Francisco to San Jose. Here's a link for that: http://www.caltrain.com/.

My mom makes and buys all the Chinese food I eat, so I can't help you there. I have no idea what an ice cream factory smells like because we only drive by with the windows rolled up. I imagine it smells wonderful inside though.

I hope that teacher isn't there either! She sounds horrible.

I hope I get to meet you! I always want to take out of town people to Fisherman's Wharf to take photobooth pictures, but I haven't had anyone from out of town visit me. Perhaps you'd like to come with me? When are you going to be here anyway?

The wedding is on Sunday Sept 14. The friend who was supposed to spend the week with me will only be with me during that weekend. I was thinking of flying in on the Monday or Tuesday before the wedding. I'll have a car to get around in San Jose. But I hoped SF would have some good transport, as they were recently made one of the U.S.'s most walkable cities. Ah!!! Thank you so much for those helpful links. Brilliant! Is there a dangerous side of town I should avoid going near? Wow, Chinese food in your own kitchen. Lucky! cool.gif I would love to spend some time with you. I've always wanted to play in a photobooth as well. I'm happy to have some sort of connection to an unfamiliar city. As long as I won't get in your way. I was thinking of getting into San Jose, spending some time there, and then take a few day trips to SF with San Jose as my homebase. I still have to research what I want to do and how I want to get around in California in general. The suggestions you gave really help. It's hard for me to narrow it down with those travel books.
  • its no surprise we are such a nice board, we have all worked really hard at welcoming the new members with kindness, and that spreads

and some of the douchey members have been weeded out which leads to a happyer forum
  • plus, you kids have me and dabs to look after you
  • smile.gif thats exactly why i keep coming back andy... im looked after i feel like i'm part of a mob... in a good way.
  • Tempe, I like your new signature!
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Aug 8 2008, 10:02 AM)
    Tempe, I like your new signature!

Ah, why thank you! tongue.gif The great Tabetha G made it for me. Ooo, I'm rhyming.

Gah, I hate making resumes! I'm so very random.
  • Awhile ago I burned abunch of their cds and put like nice covers on them to give to this group of people we had to like give stuff to, but i forgot to give them so now i have abunch of their cds. Do you think its like ok for me to just pass them out to random people who will take one. I mean I don't want to pass them out by trying to get peopl to listen you know and then totally be like shaming them idk. Give me your thoughts.