In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 15 2008, 04:32 PM)
    Edit: I think I know what I'm going to name my computer! I think I'm going to name it Glyphonyx kulashi! And I might call it Kulashi for short
    And I'm thinking about just naming my iPod Timothy

If you name it Tiny Tim, you'll be able to keep your very own Tiny Tim in your pocket.

I'M GOING TO SEE RINGO STARR!!!! Ah, my favorite Beatle! I've always wanted to see one of his summer shows. wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 15 2008, 11:24 PM)
    If you name it Tiny Tim, you'll be able to keep your very own Tiny Tim in your pocket.

I'M GOING TO SEE RINGO STARR!!!! Ah, my favorite Beatle! I've always wanted to see one of his summer shows. wub.gif

haha, That's brilliant! I might just have to name it that then.

And my cousin got to go see Ringo Starr! She said it was really awesome, have fun when you go!

Oh, and how would you guys pronounce Glyphonyx kulashi ? I was listening to one of the podcasts and Damian pronounced it like Glycolix Kulashee, but it looks more like it should be Glyfonix Kulashee. So I wasn't sure if maybe it was just a small goof on Damian's part
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 15 2008, 08:37 PM)
    And my cousin got to go see Ringo Starr! She said it was really awesome, have fun when you go!

Thank you! Ooo, lucky cousin. Ah, if only he weren't a superstar and could do meet and greets. He NEEDS one of my trusty dental goody bags. (Don't get me wrong, his teeth are great. I'm just greedy for his attention) laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 15 2008, 08:37 PM)
    Oh, and how would you guys pronounce Glyphonyx kulashi ? I was listening to one of the podcasts and Damian pronounced it like Glycolix Kulashee, but it looks more like it should be Glyfonix Kulashee. So I wasn't sure if maybe it was just a small goof on Damian's part

He pronounces it like "glycolix" but he's probably pronouncing it wrong as he tends to talk fast to get his thoughts out. Whilst trying to unsuccessfully find the answer, I did find that there is a hamlet in the country of Georgia named Kulashi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kulashi
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 15 2008, 11:53 PM)
    He pronounces it like "glycolix" but he's probably pronouncing it wrong as he tends to talk fast to get his thoughts out. Whilst trying to unsuccessfully find the answer, I did find that there is a hamlet in the country of Georgia named Kulashi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kulashi

haha! That's a cool little piece of information. I want to go, just to say that I've been there tongue.gif
  • I may be a cynic toward show tunes, but I can't stand ABBA music if it's not sung by the actual group. Those "Mama Mia" commercials are really getting on my nerves. Those good songs are merely jingles now.

Speaking of ABBA, doesn't our own tonetoile have a fear of that band? Has that fear gone away?
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 16 2008, 12:32 AM)
    That's really awesome, Alice! You're amazing

QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Jul 16 2008, 02:52 AM)
    Wow, Alice! When I first learned all those procedures, I always wondered if when that difficult moment comes, I'll be able to actually do it. Your ordeal gives me hope and courage that maybe I will. You're a true hero.

QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Jul 16 2008, 03:58 AM)
    Alice, that is amazing! I am so proud of you! I would not have been able to keep my cool in a situation like that.

wub.gif thanks, guys. You're all so lovely!

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 16 2008, 04:24 AM)

AHHHH!!! That's awesome!!! Have an amazing time, Tempe. Davy Jones, now Ringo Starr... I swear you're a 60's girl at heart!
  • laugh.gif
    QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 16 2008, 07:34 AM)
    AHHHH!!! That's awesome!!! Have an amazing time, Tempe. Davy Jones, now Ringo Starr... I swear you're a 60's girl at heart!

^^ Yes yes, and now I find I must reinerate one of my former postings:

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 9 2008, 09:07 PM)
    In a past life, I was taking part in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRnVrK3DnYU&NR=1

The title of the vid says it all.

BTW, I had a recent reading of my past lives. A gypsy sat down across from me and stared into a bowl of fatty chicken soup. The globs of fat told her of my past. Apparently, I was the daughter of a baroness and an MI5 agent. I grew up a quiet but very spoiled child. I grew bored of school, and quit at the age of 8 and a half. I spent the next few years making a break in tv commercials and bit parts on tv shows. But as my teen years lurked, I withdrew into obscurity...for about 10 seconds. I soon began to stalk bands and popular singers of the time starting with Pat Boone and maybe Lawrence Welk.--But they were just the stepping stone for real stars. I became a well known groupie in inner circles. Yes, in a past life, I was a band chasing pot smoking hippie wanna-be groupie who died when she accidentally fell out a balcony window attempting to make Jim Morrison and Mick Jagger fight over her while simultaneously getting into a fight and taking down with her (10 stories down to be exact) another @#@$ skank groupie who tried to steal her thunder.

Call me Ocean.

In all seriousness, I grew up near New York, and just like Damian says, the radio there really does stink. The only really great station was the oldies station. That's all I would listen to. There was no internet yet, and I had no access to good indie music because none of my friends at the time would listen to anything but grunge. I broke my mom's record player at an early age, but I fell in love with the pretty pictures on the records. When she converted her collection to cds, I don't think I realized the cds were old until I hit puberty. Combine this with being a reincarnated hippie groupie, and there you have me. Ooo, I just gave you a whole lame history of Tempe Rose in the nineties.
  • OMG Tempe!! I'm so jealous. Take lots of pictures and tell us all about it!!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jul 17 2008, 06:42 PM)
    OMG Tempe!! I'm so jealous. Take lots of pictures and tell us all about it!!

Anything for you, ezovera biggrin.gif I"m making a nice rock and roll wrist band to wear, if I can get my damn sewing machine to work properly

Haha, "The Biggest Loser" is having an open casting call tomorrow at the mall near my house. I wonder what took NBC so long to find my town. My evil uncle makes fun of the large people he sees here whenever he comes to visit (now you know one of the many reasons why he is evil). The desert dwellers can't help it. The combination of good restaurants, hot weather, and not a lot of places to walk/ride bikes will make anyone gain weight.

Next question: is Josh Blue (last year's winner of Last Comic Standing) funny? He's coming to my school to do his act and make an inspirational speech.
  • Mm, in case anyone's dying to know, I'm starting a new Facebook account. (If you didn't know before, mine was deleted by...someone who knows my password other than me.)

Edit: Hm, since when did this "About Me" feature on people's profiles show up? Pretty nice. It's now the first tab in the same place where you can find "Comments," "Settings," etc.

• Cute tattoo idea? Thoughts?

• QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 21 2008, 06:36 PM)
    Cute tattoo idea? Thoughts?

Aw, so cute!
    Don't get it on the back of your neck though.

One day you might make a supersnide but awesomely good comeback and have to turn around and walk away in an ubercool fashion, and whoop-de-do, you just so happen to have this cute tattoo on the back of your neck, AND you're wearing a ponytail, bun, or other neck-revealing hairdo. And suddenly, your comeback doesn't seem so fierce.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 21 2008, 07:36 PM)

that's gonna be my 3rd tat wink.gif
  • The Gin Blossoms are from Tempe, AZ.

I DID NOT KNOW THIS! smile.gif
  • So, lately I've been "obsessed" with looking up flights online. At first I was looking up flights to Arkansas to see if I could get a cheap enough one to go see OK Go again. I've always wanted to fly somewhere just to see a concert, just for the experience. But after that I thought about all the places that I want to go at some point in my life. So I started looking up flights to places all over Europe, just to see prices and stuff. And after seeing all the prices to go to those places, $180 to go to Arkansas is looking pretty cheap wink.gif

But I'll still probably end up waiting until they have a concert somewhere else. There's not really anything in Arkansas that I'd want to go for other than them. So I think I'll at least wait until they go somewhere that some more boardies are going to be at. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jul 25 2008, 08:22 PM)
    The Gin Blossoms are from Tempe, AZ.

I DID NOT KNOW THIS! smile.gif

tongue.gif But of course. This desert rocks. I learned that from being bored in the Flagstaff mountains. (Okay, shouldn't be mean, Flag is a fun place but very small).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Arizona
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 22 2008, 12:36 AM)

I just saw this - LOVE IT. Where're you having it, Kay?

Guys, just letting you know that I'm gonna be off on vacation tomorrow so no internet for me... for 3 and a half weeks! Ahhh dunno how I'm gonna deal with it lol. I'm so dependent on the computer, now!

Talk to you lovelies later!

xxxx
  • miss you already alie!
  • I'm getting it on the inside of my left wrist. You guys are the first people I've showed it to (aww), so I'm glad it's getting positive reviews!

I, too, shall be on holiday, but hopefully I'll have access to a computer. Hopefully. unsure.gif
  • I'm going on vacation too, guys! I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I'll miss all of you!