In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 5 2007, 08:00 AM)
    me toooooooooooooooo!! it's just the best christmas CD ever...

lol I love you for saying that.
  • ooo lots of econ amy!
    are you an econ major?!
    and econ stats!!! i love stats. and econ.. but sometimes econ can get uber boring and dragged out when you have professors that turn class into a snoozefest.

-frappucinos affogato style make me happy. they are sooo cool.. watching the espresso like spread through is wicked!
  • It's nice to see someone else who likes econ/stats!! Yes, I am an econ major (poli sci minor with emphasis on political theory and international relations). Usually, when I mention that I'm an econ major, I get this look of pity.

Yeah, a bad prof can turn a really interesting subject (i.e. econ) into a tedious subject. I think that's why most people don't like it. I've been lucky to have some great teachers, which may explain why I enjoy the classes.

I've just come back from my Economic Statistics class. It doesn't seem bad at all, especially since I've taken AP Stats in high school and Stats 2 last semester. I'm really worried about International Politics: State Behavior. My roomie took it last year and apparently it's a real pain (I can deal with tough classes; I actually love being challenged. I just don't like mediocre profs who find it hilarious to give exams on things barely gone over in class).
  • Guys beachfest made me happy smile.gif I love free summer concerts. Also going to the EX on labour day for the last day was loooots of fun.

Happiness yay!
  • - Hot biology teacher staring at me incredulously while telling me that I got 100% on my biology exam
    - My 9 year old sister playing The Sims and announcing "And now I'm gonna make this man sexyyy!!" while making her character laugh.gif

AHAHAHAHHAHA
    Edit: She made her 'sexyyyy' man look like Damian.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Sep 5 2007, 12:25 PM)
    - My 9 year old sister playing The Sims and announcing "And now I'm gonna make this man sexyyy!!" while making her character laugh.gif

AHAHAHAHHAHA
    Edit: She made her 'sexyyyy' man look like Damian.

hahaha that is sooo funny! I would die if i heard anyone say that, lol.
  • I LOVE BRET'S ANGRY DANCE!!!!!!
    It's, paradoxically, the happiest thing ever.

And all my professors this semester aren't evil! Yay!
    Seriously- I've had professors who called ppl stupid, right to their faces, and professors who made ppl cry during office hours.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 5 2007, 04:38 AM)
    lol I love you for saying that.

ahahah wink.gif thanks laugh.gif

the track "here comes Santa" always makes me laugh!!!!even when i didn't understand enough english to know what they were singing, I've always loved the song!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Sep 5 2007, 09:41 PM)
    I LOVE BRET'S ANGRY DANCE!!!!!!
    It's, paradoxically, the happiest thing ever.

And all my professors this semester aren't evil! Yay!
    Seriously- I've had professors who called ppl stupid, right to their faces, and professors who made ppl cry during office hours.

welcome back Sally!!!we missed you!

I had those kind of professors too...i'm happy the new school year is starting on the right foot!
  • - Ran 3 miles and im sore, but i feel like i accomplished something and i feel good on the inside! lol
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 5 2007, 04:50 PM)
    welcome back Sally!!!we missed you!

Thanks! I missed you too! You're so sweet smile.gif

I have so much work to do though- I'm at the point of crying. Yet here I am with my book open but my computer blaring into my eyes. "Give up the world. Give up your life. You cannot fight the"- computer!
    There's so much I've missed at the boards tho. Gah, I need to study. Must get offline. right now.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 5 2007, 08:40 AM)
    It's nice to see someone else who likes econ/stats!! Yes, I am an econ major (poli sci minor with emphasis on political theory and international relations). Usually, when I mention that I'm an econ major, I get this look of pity.

Yeah, a bad prof can turn a really interesting subject (i.e. econ) into a tedious subject. I think that's why most people don't like it. I've been lucky to have some great teachers, which may explain why I enjoy the classes.

I've just come back from my Economic Statistics class. It doesn't seem bad at all, especially since I've taken AP Stats in high school and Stats 2 last semester. I'm really worried about International Politics: State Behavior. My roomie took it last year and apparently it's a real pain (I can deal with tough classes; I actually love being challenged. I just don't like mediocre profs who find it hilarious to give exams on things barely gone over in class).

Yay! Go econ!!
    Yeah, this quarter I'm taking Econometrics (I guess the same as econ stats?) and Econ 4 Financial Accounting. I think Econometrics will be fine since I had the most amazing teacher ever for stats in high school (got a 5 on the AP exam - she was that awesome!), but I heard the Econ4 professor is a total bastard so I'm kind of frightened.
    I also just realized that I'll have 22 units this quarter if I don't drop something... and that makes me quite nervous.
    I know what you mean about enjoying challenging classes - for me, I think when I finish a challenging class and do well in it, I feel so accomplished and proud. It is a fantastic feeling.

Random, but do you know what you want to do with an econ major? For some reason, many people think its constricting, but there are so many options with it!

-not screwing up (so far) on a scarf I'm knitting for a friend makes me happy.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 6 2007, 06:48 AM)
    ahahah wink.gif thanks laugh.gif

the track "here comes Santa" always makes me laugh!!!!even when i didn't understand enough english to know what they were singing, I've always loved the song!

lol Everybody Knows the Claus? Yeah, that whole album just makes me feel all giddy. It reminds me of being eleven and carefree and everything being right with the world.

Fuck, I miss 1997 so badly.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Sep 6 2007, 01:57 AM)
    Random, but do you know what you want to do with an econ major? For some reason, many people think its constricting, but there are so many options with it!

Good luck with your classes!

I would like to be some sort of analyst. I've spent the past two summers interning for a research analyst at a local hedge fund and actually kind of really enjoyed it. I'm also really into environmental econ, so maybe some sort of environmental analyst? I don't even know. I like to pretend to know what I'm doing, but really I have no fucking idea. Hooray college.
  • - making dinner [[ baked chicken, steamed veggies, rice ]]
  • ^^
    omg, that sounds good. i'm hungry

- my ridiculous gov teacher. hes awesome.

- tomorrow is friday!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • Happiness is meeting adorable celebrities and staking out the VIP exit at the Jam Factory because you KNOW they're not going to watch Hairspray for the billionth time this month.
  • -Friday and no soccer practice!
    -Having little homework with weekend for once in my life.
  • so apparently my cat is also a fan of The Subways as well as OK Go.

because Rock and Roll Queen just started playing, and he layed down and is staring at my computer and purring.

blink.gif

wub.gif