In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (God @ Sep 14 2007, 05:14 PM)
    You're fucking kidding me, where was that? There's no such thing as having enough blood and every time I look into lood donation there's always a shit supply, especially of the most important blood types (Do you know what you are at all?)

And Huzzah for you! You make me feel old but, so keep it on the down low. Aren't you meant to go through 'til November though? I thought you were only meant to finish school this early in year 12? That's how it was five years go... lmao.

It was at my school. I think they have a limit to how many students can donate or something dumb like that. I'm going to find my local one so I can finally do it. And i'm A+ by the way.

It's all because of the HSC. The preliminary course is only 3 terms and HSC is four, so i'll still finish around this time next year. I suppose you wouldn't know of nsw crappy education system because you got qld schooling. Lucky.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Sep 15 2007, 06:43 AM)
    ?!?!!!??!

I don't know if they are "illegal" (maybe just in victoria?) You can have a rabbit as a pet but wild bunnies are considered pests. Farmers along with others, have been trying to cull their numbers for years
    (this is in australia by the way)
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 14 2007, 10:17 PM)
    I don't know if they are "illegal" (maybe just in victoria?) You can have a rabbit as a pet but wild bunnies are considered pests. Farmers along with others, have been trying to cull their numbers for years
    Aww. I can understand that though, haha all our apples are gone because the bunnies keep eating them all. biggrin.gif We're not eating them though, so I guess we don't really care... we just like to see bunnies

Speaking of which, THE BUNNY CAME BACK.

He's lookin for pears this time wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 11 2007, 04:43 AM)
    ...as is the fact i am now immunised against 7 out of the 10 causes of cervical cancer!
    pretty cool, right?

Are ya'll talking about Gardisil? It very much sounds like it. Cervical cancer, genital warts, 3 shots. But the literature I got with it said It protected against 4 strains of HPV, it didn't say a word about 7 of 10 anything. So that's where I'm confused.

I got my second shot Monday. 4 more months till the 3rd. And ya'll are very lucky if you got it free!! I had to drop $215 USD for the first because they told me most insurance doesn't pay for it. Well luckily mine did, so I only had to pay the co-pay for the second ($27), and after the 3rd I'll get a refund for the first one. So it'll end up costing me about 80 bucks instead of 650!!!
  • Foaming hand sanitizer. It's really exciting.
  • - Songs I like
    - Curry
    - Being excited for no reason?
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Sep 16 2007, 04:54 AM)
    Aww. I can understand that though, haha all our apples are gone because the bunnies keep eating them all. biggrin.gif We're not eating them though, so I guess we don't really care... we just like to see bunnies

Speaking of which, THE BUNNY CAME BACK.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/pi...et/bunny010.jpg
    He's lookin for pears this time wub.gif

he's so adorable! why would you want to hurt such a cutie!? sad.gif

QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Sep 16 2007, 05:18 AM)
    Are ya'll talking about Gardisil? It very much sounds like it. Cervical cancer, genital warts, 3 shots. But the literature I got with it said It protected against 4 strains of HPV, it didn't say a word about 7 of 10 anything. So that's where I'm confused.

I got my second shot Monday. 4 more months till the 3rd. And ya'll are very lucky if you got it free!! I had to drop $215 USD for the first because they told me most insurance doesn't pay for it. Well luckily mine did, so I only had to pay the co-pay for the second ($27), and after the 3rd I'll get a refund for the first one. So it'll end up costing me about 80 bucks instead of 650!!!

I have no idea what it's called but the pamphlet said 7 out of 10... hmm
    Gosh, i'm glad you don't have to pay 650! that's ridiculous.
  • Well, if it prevents cancer it's totally worth it, but yes, 82 sits much better!!!

It was HPV right? Are the people who were talking about it in the US? I wonder if I got a lesser version of it.

It's the only injection I can recall that left a bruise. I've gotten them from drawing blood before, but not from an injection. It's still there actually, and I got the shot monday. And I felt really icky the next day. I was really tired and my muscles ached. I don't know if it was from that or not, but it was the next day.

So the third shot's the worst huh? Wheeee!!
  • i know i'd pay that much to prevent cancer but 650 is very unfair when you can get it for free elsewhere.

and yes, mine was for HPV. God and I are in Australia so i'm not sure if you got the same version. I would assume it's the same thing, i can't see the point in giving you something lesser.

I thought the second was the best so maybe they just mixed yours around a bit and third will be fine! hmm actually, i don't think they're allowed to do that...
    good luck!
  • - Bought the movie The Benchwarmers for only $4 now i can not only watch my actor husband Jon Heder in Napoleon Dynamite or Blades of Glory now i can watch him on this movie!
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 15 2007, 10:29 PM)
    i know i'd pay that much to prevent cancer but 650 is very unfair when you can get it for free elsewhere.

and yes, mine was for HPV. God and I are in Australia so i'm not sure if you got the same version. I would assume it's the same thing, i can't see the point in giving you something lesser.

I thought the second was the best so maybe they just mixed yours around a bit and third will be fine! hmm actually, i don't think they're allowed to do that...
    good luck!

Yeah, I was willing to pay it, but I guess there's a lot of people who can't. I wonder if there's anywhere in Arkansas where I can get it free, cause it'd cost me a sight more than 650 to GET to australia (someday!!!). I'd like to get it for my sister while she's still a virgin. She's not on my insurance though, so I'd have to pay full price.

There might be different regulations or whatever. I know here they won't give it to anyone who's 25 and over. I asked the nurse why and she said it's because that's who they tested it on. I got the first shot a month and a half before my 25th birthday so I just barely made it.

I'm not too worried about the third shot, but the first two were a bit rougher than I expected. I guess it would make sense to make them progressively stronger. I'll be fine. It might not even have been the shot that made me feel icky who knows.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 15 2007, 09:23 PM)
    he's so adorable! why would you want to hurt such a cutie!? sad.gif
    I have no idea what it's called but the pamphlet said 7 out of 10... hmm
    Gosh, i'm glad you don't have to pay 650! that's ridiculous.
    What?!?!? I would never think of hurting him!!
  • -Auditions tomorrow! Happiness!!
  • Sweet!! Break a leg!!

In other news: I got the most of the tar off the upholstery of my car. image
  • -me giving jason a fairly long hug at his work.

wub.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 15 2007, 12:29 AM)
    My boyfriend and I actually had a blood donation date, as in, that's how we spent the afternoon. We gave blood and then sat around eating cookies.

We joke that it's his "scene." Seriously. The kid loves giving blood. I find it kind of endearing. I'm just waiting for him to get his 1 gallon pin so he can chill with the old men and their 10 gallon pins. It's like a club.

But yeah, giving blood is so simple. I don't know why people are so hesitant to do it. It doesn't hurt because the people who work there do this ALL THE TIME. They're all super sweet (I had a nice chat with one of the guys there) AND YOU GET COOKIES WHAT.

I'm B+ What about you?

lol I'm O+ which means you and Juniper can both accept my blood 'cause you're both positives, but negatives can't take my blood. O- is the universal blood that anyone can accept, that's why it's the most valuable blood. When you don't know what a persons blood type is you give them O-.

I got a keyring after the first couple of blood donations which is in the shape of Australia and has my blood type on the back of it.

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 15 2007, 10:18 AM)
    It's all because of the HSC. The preliminary course is only 3 terms and HSC is four, so i'll still finish around this time next year. I suppose you wouldn't know of nsw crappy education system because you got qld schooling. Lucky.

From what I can tell, the way you guys do it is SO much more stressful. the QLD system is based entirely on your assessment and exam results in year 12.

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 15 2007, 12:17 PM)

Yeah that's actually illegal in Queensland. All rabbits. If you're caught with one you're screwed, 'cause they're considered a pest. I have some friends on the Gold Coast who have "Long Eared Guinea Pigs" meaning they secretly have illegal bunnies.

QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Sep 16 2007, 05:18 AM)

Yeah, in Aus it's Gardisil. I got my three injections in Australia BEFORE they became free, so I paid about $147 a shot (AU$441 in total). My family had a lot of family and friends diagnosed or dead from cancer in the last year or so, so my mother insisted we get the shots the minute they became available, instead of waiting for the Government to make them free.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 17 2007, 01:11 PM)
    I got a keyring after the first couple of blood donations which is in the shape of Australia and has my blood type on the back of it.

some of my friends have that keyring! you have to get three stamps on your donor card or something. i can't wait!

QUOTE (God @ Sep 17 2007, 01:11 PM)
    From what I can tell, the way you guys do it is SO much more stressful. the QLD system is based entirely on your assessment and exam results in year 12.

Yeah that's actually illegal in Queensland. All rabbits. If you're caught with one you're screwed, 'cause they're considered a pest. I have some friends on the Gold Coast who have "Long Eared Guinea Pigs" meaning they secretly have illegal bunnies.

I've actually had teachers tell me how much better your system is and then blab on about the stresses of ours sad.gif

Aww "Long Eared Guinea Pigs" For some reason i find illegal bunnies amusing.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 17 2007, 04:05 PM)
    some of my friends have that keyring! you have to get three stamps on your donor card or something. i can't wait!
    I've actually had teachers tell me how much better your system is and then blab on about the stresses of ours sad.gif

Aww "Long Eared Guinea Pigs" For some reason i find illegal bunnies amusing.

I got it on my second one, I think but I could be wrong. It's so scratched up and old looking now lol it's not even gold anymore, the colour has faded, but yeah.

And our system is OK, there's only 24 rankings though, and sometimes it confuses me how they come to decide what our final mark is, but it's less stressful that is for sure. Ever since I read Looking for Alibrandi when I was young, I was thankful I didn't go to school in New South Wales lmao.

Illegal bunnies rock. I think the law only came in within the last decade, 'cause my Godmother used to have a pet bunny, but had to get rid of it when the rules came in. I was so devoed when I went to visit her the next year and the bunny had gone.
  • -Impromptu pasta dinners at my friend's apartment
    -Flinging myself around my room to Los Campesinos! "You! Me! Dancing!" even if I can't dance.
    -Watching movies with my guyfriend. We end up yelling at the screen. Example: while watching Pulp Fiction, there was a lot of "NO BRUCE WILLIS. NO. LEAVE THE HOUSE DO NOT MAKE TOASTER PASTRIES. Ooooh Bruce Willis you're going to regret this."
    -The fact that my roommates and I can collectively solve the New York Magazine crossword puzzle in about an hour. We're like the Voltron of crosswords.

VOLLLLLTTTRRRRRON

-Singing, even if I can't carry a tune to save my life.
    -I'm going out today to buy a frame for my bed bugs. Seriously. The fuckers are being framed.
  • - dreams about meeting band members [esp. when its the strokes!!!!!!]
    - new interpol videos that are full of sexiness!!!!!

- naps