In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• - actually having time to go to bed at 8:47

I haven't slept properly in weeks. I deserve this.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 12 2007, 06:28 AM)
    OH COOL ME TOO

oh cool! did you get the bundle package that prevents 9/10 causes of genital warts too?

the third needle has been considerably worse than the other two. we've had people fainting and vomiting all over the school.
    it's fun to be a guinea pig!

QUOTE (amberdino @ Sep 12 2007, 08:34 AM)
    I got red highlights!!!
    They are pretty wicked...

that is sexy. i'd love to see them...
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 12 2007, 04:28 AM)
    oh cool! did you get the bundle package that prevents 9/10 causes of genital warts too?

hahahahahhahahahahha
    im sry, but i think thats the funniest/grossest thing!!!

- jb and her shots
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 12 2007, 12:28 AM)

the third needle has been considerably worse than the other two. we've had people fainting and vomiting all over the school.

oh god oh god oh god oh god... i'm getting my first shot on friday. oh god. i hateeee needles. and shots even more so... dflkajdsfl;adjsk;lfjsd

wait, this is the happy list....

-the andy thread (i know i've said this, but...)
    -talking to a boy i like.
    -FALL WEATHER!!!
    -HOODIES!
    -MLB PLAYOFFS!
    EDIT: FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Sep 12 2007, 02:32 PM)
    hahahahahhahahahahha
    im sry, but i think thats the funniest/grossest thing!!!

- jb and her shots

yeah, i wasn't originally going to post that part but it also makes me happy. i just had to!

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Sep 12 2007, 03:09 PM)
    oh god oh god oh god oh god... i'm getting my first shot on friday. oh god. i hateeee needles. and shots even more so... dflkajdsfl;adjsk;lfjsd
    wait, this is the happy list....

the first one is easy. you'll be fine smile.gif

plus they give you jellybeans afterwards!
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 12 2007, 04:28 AM)

Yeah yeah! I finished mine all up sometime last year. It wasn't bad at all. Sure, it hurts a little, but it was barely anything to vomit over (they gave me my second shot in my ass, though apparently, out of all of my friends, I was the only one to get a butt-shot. Awesome).

And, lo and behold, I am genital wart-free!
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Sep 8 2007, 05:22 PM)
    - "Apples to Apples" parties

Only my most favorite game ever!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Sep 9 2007, 02:45 PM)
    - Finally bought the movie Blades of Glory.

I bought it like 2 weeks ago, and I can't stop watching it. It's sooo funny smile.gif
  • - Nice cold pink lemonade
    - Best center on my powder puff team! Coach said so!
  • There is a bunny sitting under my baby apple tree

wub.gif
  • - trumpets
    - sleeping
    - backpacking trips
    - quotes of the day
    - eating bread plain
    - money

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Sep 13 2007, 12:52 AM)
    There is a bunny sitting under my baby apple tree

wub.gif

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Holy crap that is tiny and adorable
  • Bunnies are illegal where I'm from sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 12 2007, 02:28 PM)

You're all a bunch of pussies tongue.gif I got the injections before they became free (Have had a lot of family/friends with cancer, so we'd rather pay upfront than risk it) and there was nothing wrong with anything. I've been seeing those ACA reports about school kids going ballistic after having the injections. I say, grow some balls, girls. Grow some balls!

(This comes from a seasoned blood donor)
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 13 2007, 01:56 AM)
    Yeah yeah! I finished mine all up sometime last year. It wasn't bad at all. Sure, it hurts a little, but it was barely anything to vomit over (they gave me my second shot in my ass, though apparently, out of all of my friends, I was the only one to get a butt-shot. Awesome).

And, lo and behold, I am genital wart-free!

haha, we had to get them done at school so i'm quite glad we didn't have any butt-shots!!

QUOTE (God @ Sep 13 2007, 02:22 PM)
    You're all a bunch of pussies tongue.gif I got the injections before they became free (Have had a lot of family/friends with cancer, so we'd rather pay upfront than risk it) and there was nothing wrong with anything. I've been seeing those ACA reports about school kids going ballistic after having the injections. I say, grow some balls, girls. Grow some balls!

(This comes from a seasoned blood donor)

i have absolutely no problem with needles but there was something nasty in the third shot. i didn't vomit or faint but where i got that one is still inflamed.
    some of the girls were definately putting it on and you know what i noticed? every single girl who carried on about it have multiple piercings! i'm not talking just ears, i mean, nose, eyebrows, lips.... etc

oh and i mean no offense to anyone here who is afraid of needles and/or has multiple piercings. i understand that they can be scary but when someone is acting and they expect your sympathy, it's just annoying.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 13 2007, 05:26 PM)
    i have absolutely no problem with needles but there was something nasty in the third shot. i didn't vomit or faint but where i got that one is still inflamed.
    some of the girls were definately putting it on and you know what i noticed? every single girl who carried on about it have multiple piercings! i'm not talking just ears, i mean, nose, eyebrows, lips.... etc

oh and i mean no offense to anyone here who is afraid of needles and/or has multiple piercings. i understand that they can be scary but when someone is acting and they expect your sympathy, it's just annoying.

I didn't have a single reaction to it, so IDK I've been sitting here the last few months thinking "WTF are you complaining about you whiney little bitches". I'm just so used to people going over the top with needles and stuff. Everyone wants to cry about how afraid they are of the big bad needle and very few people actually have a real fear of it, they're just whiney wanks. That annoys me.

I will say, though, I never understand people who are cool with injections but are afraid of blood donation. Injections actually hurt afterwards (if it goes into the muscle it's tender for a while, you know?) whereas for a donation it's just a couple of pricks (and yeah the needle is big but that's why you just don't look at it) and you're right to go.

lol Anyway I'll stop now. I have a tendency to rave when it comes to talking about needles/donations etc. I'll admit it. I think not donating blood is selfish if you don't have a legitimate reason not too. There are kids out there with cancer who need it more than you and it's only four times a year.
  • dude, i wanted to give blood this year and they told me they had enough people. they actually didn't want my blood! it made no sense.

i finished year 11 today! well, not officially since i have exams next week. but after that i'm free!! (for three weeks)
    we are now the oldest students at school and thus have power over everyone, even on the walkway biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 14 2007, 04:35 PM)
    dude, i wanted to give blood this year and they told me they had enough people. they actually didn't want my blood! it made no sense.

i finished year 11 today! well, not officially since i have exams next week. but after that i'm free!! (for three weeks)
    we are now the oldest students at school and thus have power over everyone, even on the walkway biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You're fucking kidding me, where was that? There's no such thing as having enough blood and every time I look into lood donation there's always a shit supply, especially of the most important blood types (Do you know what you are at all?)

And Huzzah for you! You make me feel old but, so keep it on the down low. Aren't you meant to go through 'til November though? I thought you were only meant to finish school this early in year 12? That's how it was five years go... lmao.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 13 2007, 10:46 AM)
    lol Anyway I'll stop now. I have a tendency to rave when it comes to talking about needles/donations etc. I'll admit it. I think not donating blood is selfish if you don't have a legitimate reason not too. There are kids out there with cancer who need it more than you and it's only four times a year.

My boyfriend and I actually had a blood donation date, as in, that's how we spent the afternoon. We gave blood and then sat around eating cookies.

We joke that it's his "scene." Seriously. The kid loves giving blood. I find it kind of endearing. I'm just waiting for him to get his 1 gallon pin so he can chill with the old men and their 10 gallon pins. It's like a club.

But yeah, giving blood is so simple. I don't know why people are so hesitant to do it. It doesn't hurt because the people who work there do this ALL THE TIME. They're all super sweet (I had a nice chat with one of the guys there) AND YOU GET COOKIES WHAT.

I'm B+ What about you?
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 13 2007, 12:20 AM)
    Bunnies are illegal where I'm from sad.gif
    ?!?!!!??!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 7 2007, 10:47 PM)
    I fucking got a callback. Granted it's a college production but still, I got a fucking callback. That's all I wanted, some sort of recognition to myself that somewhere between Connecticut and Montreal all my acting ability, whatever there was to it, was lost, lost somewhere around Saratoga Springs. But fuck yes. I almost don't even care about getting a part, just the OPPORTUNITY to be near the stage, to stand in the blinding light and feel so goddamn free and unbounded by any sort of physical or mental limits. Suddenly, under the lights, every movement feels special, specific, for a reason; the way I hold my arm, my breath, the tilt or non-tilt of my head. Some don't believe me, but the first time I went onstage, the VERY first time as I waited in the wings (stage left), I could actually FEEL my blood pumping through my chest, pounding through my arms and making its way back.

I've been watching excerpts from Beckett plays alll evening (rather than reading about climate change). I watched a version of "Play" (I highly recommend it. Just search for "Play Beckett" in Youtube and it's the one with Alan Rickman). I love Samuel Beckett. "Endgame" may be one of the best plays ever written. I would play Nell in a heartbeat. Why do I have such a crush on absurdist theatre? I think it's because my school was so partial to it. No one ever understood our plays, but we did it anyway. It was more fun that way.

I missed the stage. Even if it's for an audition, as long as I can step out there and just BE there, it makes me so happy, so absolutely happy in a way I can't even begin to describe to you.

I know exactly what you mean about being on stage. It's so wonderful. wub.gif

Congratulations on the callback!! How'd it go? Or has it not happened yet?

Speaking of callbacks and such, auditions for my school's production of John Lennon and Me are on Monday. I'm so excited and nervous and hopeful and anxious and about a million other emotions. I canNOT wait!!!!

Also, I love Beckett! I absolutely adore Waiting for Godot and Endgame. So much. wub.gif

Now that I've started talking about theatre, it is really hard to end this post. 0_o *forces self to shut up*