In this Discussion

Project Runway

Comments

• QUOTE (dobug @ Mar 9 2006, 07:09 PM)

Yeah, that was one of my least favourite of her designs. But I really did like a lot of her other stuff.
  • I've been sketching a lot of stuff lately. I finally got one of my dresses made, and the seamstress said she wants me to learn to sew, so I can make them all myself. I told her I don't have the time to take an extra class, so she said she would teach me herself. And she's really good! I know this probably belongs in the random thoughts thread, but I'm happy! And I too was rather disappointed with project runway this year, but I think Daniel should have won. And I HATED Chloe's thirteenth look. It was so simple and common. I don't understand why Debra Messinger liked it so much.
  • QUOTE (dobug @ Mar 9 2006, 11:09 PM)

i actually liked that dress. its really well designed. it's tailored perfectly.

chloe deserved to win because her collection was beautiful.

but i wanted daniel to win. hes so young and he still lives in ny and it would help him a buttload. lol danny v is so cool. i hated his clothes but i still wanted him to win.

i dont think santinos collection was underwhelming. i thought his clothes were gorgeous and a half. and that one episode when he was talking about how he used to be homesless made me love him soooo much more.

lol anyhow. i feel ok about chloe winning. michael kors will hire daniel vosovic and santino is still the most famous one.
  • QUOTE (sara with no h @ Mar 11 2006, 10:28 PM)
    i dont think santinos collection was underwhelming. i thought his clothes were gorgeous and a half. and that one episode when he was talking about how he used to be homesless made me love him soooo much more.

A lot of it was really gorgeous. The problem was, I didn't feel like it was all that cohesive. And after Tim was going on and on about how great Santino's collection was, it just didn't live up in my mind to what I was expecting. That's probably the cause of clever editing, though.
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm so MAD with tonight's decision! Angela totally needed to go home! Malan was so hot in a kind of weird way, and he reminded me of Cillian a bunch and he had an ACCENT! An accent!

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
  • Yeah I really can't believe he's gone! I was expecting him to be this season's Wendy Pepper/Santino. I loved the dress that won though.
  • Dude, Angela SOOOO should have gone home!!!!! Malan had a really great dress, it just wasn't executed well. Angela did NOTHING! Gah, I really liked Malan.

I think my favorites this season so far are Laura, Keith, and Robert, but things happen every episode, so they'll probably change.

I bet Angela goes home next time, but that's just my 2 cents.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jul 19 2006, 10:14 PM)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm so MAD with tonight's decision! Angela totally needed to go home! Malan was so hot in a kind of weird way, and he reminded me of Cillian a bunch and he had an ACCENT! An accent!

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

dude i'm pissed about that decision. i actually wanted malan to stay after that story he said about his mom. when he teared up about leaving i was tearing up.

ugh.....Angela should have gone home! she didn't do anything expect complain about the time. plus she was the one who was like oh i have never done these types of dresses before.
    i mean i was surprised malan blamed himself cause i know probably everyone else would have blame someone else.

but i did like the winning dress damn it was all nice. btw i'm not a fan of earth tones so when she asked for earth tones i was like, meh?
  • Malan did what she asked for, Angela did nothing. She should have gone home solely on the basis of that horrible outfit she wore to the decision. A pink tutu and combat boots? Please.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jul 20 2006, 12:08 AM)
    Malan did what she asked for, Angela did nothing. She should have gone home solely on the basis of that horrible outfit she wore to the decision. A pink tutu and combat boots? Please.

haha the pink tutu and combat boots, please. if she is going to go with that pink tutu she worn some cute mary janes with it, instead of combat boots.
    angela just complained. what freaked me out was that she doesn't sketch and she told that to miss. us or america (i forgot what her crown was). and even before the challenge started she knew she wasn't going to do well. i mean last weeks winner never made womens clothing but he didn't complain or give up.
  • She's a loser. Karma is a bitch, though. She'll get hers.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jul 20 2006, 12:25 AM)
    She's a loser. Karma is a bitch, though. She'll get hers.

true....

damn i love this dress...when i saw it was OMG i want that!!
  • I didn't think it was very original though and it didn't move well on the model, like it didn't fit well. I tried on a dress just like it for prom 2 years ago, but it was green irodesant material. I like the ones made of chiffon that moved really well, but I guess they weren't pagenty enough.
  • im watching project runway too
    im mostly studying their designs & such
  • I love PR and this season is going fantastic so far. I was sad Malan went home. At first I definitely thought he was creepy but I got over that, and they really made him seem sweet in this episode as oppose to the fucker Tim Gunn made him out to be during casting calls. I thought it should have been Vincent to go. Whenever Angela offered to help him he went crazy, then he blames it on her in the end? He’s an ass and completely insane.

My favorites are Robert, Kayne and Keith. Keith is such a bitch, but he’s going to be awesome, I know it. I thought his dresses were adorable too. and how sweet are Robert and Kayne? they make me happy.

about season two:
    I absolutely adored Chloe’s line; the construction of every garment was practically flawless. she did a really good job. I thought Daniel’s line was disappointing, it was good when it got on the runway, but not better than Chloe’s. I also thought Santino’s line was better than Daniels. Then again, I love Santino.

edit: yep i totally meant construction not conduction, lol.
  • everytime i read this i thnk it says project runaway for some reason!
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Jul 20 2006, 12:34 PM)
    I love PR and this season is going fantastic so far. I was sad Malan went home. At first I definitely thought he was creepy but I got over that, and they really made him seem sweet in this episode as oppose to the fucker Tim Gunn made him out to be during casting calls.

about season two:
    I absolutely adored Chloe’s line; the conduction of every garment was practically flawless. she did a really good job. I thought Daniel’s line was disappointing, it was good when it got on the runway, but not better than Chloe’s. I also thought Santino’s line was better than Daniels. Then again, I love Santino.

ok that's what i totally thought aobut malan at first. but when he was talking about that story with his mom sayin his designs were horrible i was like man i hope malan proves her wrong.

Chloe's line is amazing. i've been to her store in houston oh and i loved it, i was up there to see ok go/mcs at the time. i met her sister was totally sweet. i wanted to met chloe but it was day after she won project runway.
    i totally agree with about daniel's line i was alittle disappointed cause almost all the challenges he kicked ass in but when he showed his line at the show i was not that wowed.
  • QUOTE (countrykicks @ Jul 20 2006, 05:44 PM)
    everytime i read this i thnk it says project runaway for some reason!

I saw the funniest thing in Entertainment Weekly today, it said, "Project Runway model reportedly hit by bus. It is the first, and probably the last crossover of Project Runaway Bus." Hee.

Okay, it's not funny that she was hit by a bus. But come on.

I miss Malan and his accent and cheekbones already. sad.gif My friend Will was all like, "Ewww, he looks like Steve Buscemi and a fish, not hot," to which I'm like, "...when have you become an authority on hot men??"
  • I really like Tim Gunn, but I miss the dynamic from Andre, Santino, and Tim. *sigh* Not every season can be awesome, but of course, it is the beginning of the season, so I guess I'm just being critical.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jul 22 2006, 05:08 PM)
    I really like Tim Gunn, but I miss the dynamic from Andre, Santino, and Tim. *sigh* Not every season can be awesome, but of course, it is the beginning of the season, so I guess I'm just being critical.

Yeah, Season 2 was definitely the best so far....between Andre, Santino's impressions, Danny V. and Nick, plus Chloe being so damn adorable....how are you going to beat that?

But maybe it's because I'm not attached to any designers yet. Except Malan. *tear*