In this Discussion

Procrastinatron Strikes Again!

Comments

• QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 04:43 AM)
    I don't get it. unsure.gif

Ever since "kthnxbye" came on the internet, some hipsters (at least a few friends of mine) have latched onto it in the same way they latched onto geeky clothing and buddy holly glasses; they think it's so amusing and ironic to use it ALL THE TIME to mock the whomever came up with it. So, when referencing really "highly intellectual things," (like existentialism) some put "kthnxbye" at the end to throw them off. So, you could be having a very deep online conversation and suddenly get a "kthnxbye" and be all "WHA-?!"

Alright... that made no sense. It's official. Sylvia Plath is eating my brain.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:43 AM)
    I don't get it. unsure.gif

Apparently ironic hipsters read Nietzsche. I wouldn't really know, I'm not an iron hipster.

AUGH! Guess what's still not done?

Yep, that Portuguese paper.

Guess I shouldn't have gotten drunk last night.... huh.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 24 2006, 12:51 AM)
    Apparently ironic hipsters read Nietzsche. I wouldn't really know, I'm not an iron hipster.

AUGH! Guess what's still not done?
    Yep, that Portuguese paper.

Guess I shouldn't have gotten drunk last night.... huh.gif

It was worth it, you made me laugh really hard. "So now I'm getting paper towels from the bathroom. Now I'm talking to you in the stall. OMG! Erin, do you want to go to the bathroom?"

hahahaha laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 24 2006, 12:41 AM)
    "lolz" is sch a fun word, I don't care what anyone says... even if it makes me seem like a faux-ironic hipster. It's stil awesome.

My favourites are still lollercoaster, lollerblades and rofl-waffle.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:21 PM)
    It was worth it, you made me laugh really hard. "So now I'm getting paper towels from the bathroom. Now I'm talking to you in the stall. OMG! Erin, do you want to go to the bathroom?"

hahahaha laugh.gif

HAHA. I'd forgotten about that. Erin was so scared when she walked into the bathroom and found me talking on the phone in there. It was hilarious.
  • Ok, so my school makes me take, against my own free will, a public health course which is all gibberish hard to understand bullshit. The public health course is given to us on-line by another school. I just found out our 10 page bullshit final is due this Wednesday at midnight, not next week. Waaaaah! I don't wanna do this stupid final!!!
  • (Help, I'm falling and I can't get up.) wacko.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 24 2006, 05:07 PM)
    (Help, I'm falling and I can't get up.) wacko.gif

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks old people falling on tv is funny.

Good luck, Krose! BS your way through it!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 03:13 PM)
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks old people falling on tv is funny.

Good luck, Krose! BS your way through it!

Old people falling on tv is almost as funny as giant bucking chickens on tv.

Thanks Fabs! This class I'm taking is the ultimate BS-athon.

(Wow, between this board and playing on my space, there's no way I'll ever get any work done. What are you girls/guys doing to me? Lol, your all so addicting to be with. biggrin.gif )

Noooo!!! Each time I answer a question the next one gets worse and worse to answer!!!! It's like snakes on a plane, they just won't stop coming at me!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 24 2006, 06:21 PM)
    Old people falling on tv is almost as funny as giant bucking chickens on tv.

Thanks Fabs! This class I'm taking is the ultimate BS-athon.

(Wow, between this board and playing on my space, there's no way I'll ever get any work done. What are you girls/guys doing to me? Lol, your all so addicting to be with. biggrin.gif )

Noooo!!! Each time I answer a question the next one gets worse and worse to answer!!!! It's like snakes on a plane, they just won't stop coming at me!

I know the feeling! Maybe just leave for an hour, come back and answer, then leave for another hour, etc.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 24 2006, 03:24 PM)
    I know the feeling! Maybe just leave for an hour, come back and answer, then leave for another hour, etc.

Ok! So right! I will try. See y'all in an hour then. wink.gif
  • Good luck!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 24 2006, 08:05 PM)
    My favourites are still lollercoaster, lollerblades and rofl-waffle.

roflcopter is a personal favorite of mine.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 24 2006, 07:31 PM)
    roflcopter is a personal favorite of mine.

Not only have I never heard of any of these phrases, but I am now inclined to use them.
  • Yeahh, I hang out with far too many ironic hipster scumbags.
  • I don't, I'm pretty much the smartest of all my friends, and I'm not being conceited.
  • Oh, I didn't mean to make them sound smart. They just know that eyeliner + saying "melancholy" a lot = indie cred at my school.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 24 2006, 08:54 PM)
    Oh, I didn't mean to make them sound smart. They just know that eyeliner + saying "melancholy" a lot = indie cred at my school.

Ugh, that reminds me: There's this really hot guy that lives down the hall from me and he's really cool and nice. He wears eyeliner, surfs, and plays the guitar. I used to think he had really great taste in music, but yesterday I noticed he had a Motion City Soundtrack sticker on his door. He's not indie, he's mainstream, sadness. sad.gif
  • But maybe he liked them before they were huge whores?
  • Eh, it was a pretty recent sticker. Poo. I'd still do him.

Did I just say that?