In this Discussion

Procrastinatron Strikes Again!

Comments

• QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 25 2006, 10:05 PM)
    It's the New England Drama Festival. Our play won one of the two spots to go to this by winning the Connecticut Drama Association Festival. There are schools from all over New England.

Honestly, I have no idea what it really is. I'm just super excited to be spening 3 days with my theatre group (they're all insanely awesome people) and a group of rowdy theatre kids in general.

Oh, man! That sounds like a lot of fun. I did a bunch of things like that in high school- STANJ competition, State Thespian festival (I won first place in the state for costume design my junior year! biggrin.gif), the invitational festival thinger at UMD....'twas a lot of fun.

Until my ex dumped me for my best friend, because we were all in theatre together and I couldn't stand being around them so much that I didn't do a lot of stuff my senior year. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 26 2006, 02:24 AM)
    Oh, man! That sounds like a lot of fun. I did a bunch of things like that in high school- STANJ competition, State Thespian festival (I won first place in the state for costume design my junior year! biggrin.gif), the invitational festival thinger at UMD....'twas a lot of fun.

Until my ex dumped me for my best friend, because we were all in theatre together and I couldn't stand being around them so much that I didn't do a lot of stuff my senior year. tongue.gif

Congrats on the first prize! That's entirely kickass.

Not so much for the latter part. That was such a douche thing for them to do (obviously).

All in all, theatre compeitions/festivals are so much fun just because everyone loves theatre. It's that simple. We're all there to perform and appreciate one another. It's so loving. It's almost like a hippie commune... but cleaner.
  • HAHAHAHA

I feel so cool right now

I don't need to procrastinate because I have NO school for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow I go to the middle school for the whole day and play in the marching band 4 times in one day, w/ nothing else to do the rest of the time. It's this genius thing called Visual and Performing Arts day where all the high-schooler sshow off to the littles and try to get them interested in, you guessed it, the arts. So everyone involved gets to miss the whole day of school just because we can almost play a musical instrument.

Friday I get to skip school and go to this Environmental Symposium at the Mass. Maritime Academy at Buzzards' Bay on the Cape. Sounds immensely boring, but it's basically learning about the ocean and environmental issues surrounding it, while sleeping overnight on their training ship and stayin gup all night w/ kids you've never met before.
    Actually, I met some of 'em last year, so that's all good. It's very fun.

So, no school. til Monday, when I hjave a Math test and a book to finish in English class. Ah, well.
  • So let's play "Guess who didn't do her Costume Project because she's 1) lazy and 2) went to a concert last night?"

Oooh oooh, me me! tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 27 2006, 11:29 AM)
    So let's play "Guess who didn't do her Costume Project because she's 1) lazy and 2) went to a concert last night?"
    Oooh oooh, me me! tongue.gif

You should've had Dan write you an excuse note
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 27 2006, 05:54 PM)

That's such a good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 27 2006, 05:54 PM)

Kind of like the letter that kid wrote to his math teacher on the JC?
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 29 2006, 05:43 PM)
    Kind of like the letter that kid wrote to his math teacher on the JC?

Lol, what? Somebody actually did have a member of Ok Go write an excuse note for them?
  • Nah, I think he wrote it himself. I only vaguely remember it, but it was cool.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 29 2006, 09:35 PM)
    Nah, I think he wrote it himself. I only vaguely remember it, but it was cool.

I would have failed the kid, what a slacker and a liar.
  • Was it bad? I don't remember really what it said, I just assumed it was cool.
  • I'm not doing economics because I'm hyped up on theatre.

Amazing fucking shows (I will be raving about thsi for a few days, so bear with me). My personal favorite was a self-scripted show called "Der Waffle House, Ergo Leggo My Ego." They had people dressed like bags of cocaine doing a ballet... and badly written haikus ["scrambled eggs and milk. It gives me a stomach ache. BREAKFAST HAS BETRAYED ME" and "Today Japan weeps. All the tamagotchis died. Send batteries"] I almost pissed myself.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 29 2006, 10:06 PM)
    I'm not doing economics because I'm hyped up on theatre.

Amazing fucking shows (I will be raving about thsi for a few days, so bear with me). My personal favorite was a self-scripted show called "Der Waffle House, Ergo Leggo My Ego." They had people dressed like bags of cocaine doing a ballet... and badly written haikus ["scrambled eggs and milk. It gives me a stomach ache. BREAKFAST HAS BETRAYED ME" and "Today Japan weeps. All the tamagotchis died. Send batteries"] I almost pissed myself.

I got on my bed so I could start taking posters down and pack them, but the laptop looked so lonely....
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 29 2006, 10:06 PM)
    I'm not doing economics because I'm hyped up on theatre.

HA! That sounds great! I'm glad you had a good time. smile.gif

Guess what? I actually did something productive today! I peer-edited a classmate's Port. paper! Yay! Mind you, I did this while listening to Oh No, so it took me the entire length of the album ("9027 km," which I listened to in its entirety for the first time, included) instead of like, 20 minutes. blink.gif Oh, well. I got something done...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 29 2006, 11:12 PM)
    HA! That sounds great! I'm glad you had a good time. smile.gif

Guess what? I actually did something productive today! I peer-edited a classmate's Port. paper! Yay! Mind you, I did this while listening to Oh No, so it took me the entire length of the album ("9027 km," which I listened to in its entirety for the first time, included) instead of like, 20 minutes. blink.gif Oh, well. I got something done...

But you won't dedicate 20 mins of your life to watch the Truth In Music videos? For shame.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 29 2006, 11:20 PM)
    But you won't dedicate 20 mins of your life to watch the Truth In Music videos? For shame.

NO SOUND. NO SOUND. How many times do I have to say it, NO SOUND!!!
  • Wait, I couldn't hear you, my computer was blaring my music too loud.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 29 2006, 08:27 PM)
    Wait, I couldn't hear you, my computer was blaring my music too loud.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif oh how you girls entertain me so
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 29 2006, 11:28 PM)
    laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif oh how you girls entertain me so

That (among other things we have not decided on) is The Trinity's job.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 29 2006, 11:27 PM)
    Wait, I couldn't hear you, my computer was blaring my music too loud.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I'm going to leave my phone on silent FOREVER now. I will never answer the phone, and you will just have to sit through listening to Damian's greeting time after time after time after time after...

Okay, so maybe that's not really a punishment. Damn. I'll have to come up with something better...