In this Discussion

invincible video???

14567810»

Comments

• About the white part of the video, did it remind anybody else of the "Dark of the Matinee" vid by Franz Ferdinand? That's what it totally reminded me of. And the way they did it is similar--the white part is during the bridge of both songs.

Hope I used "bridge" correctly. I feel like a tool using musical terms. unsure.gif
  • Hahaha, you did, don't worry.
  • Kay, sign on to msn, I'm bored and you make me un-bored.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 22 2006, 09:18 PM)
    Hahaha, you did, don't worry.

Thanks biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 22 2006, 10:14 PM)
    About the white part of the video, did it remind anybody else of the "Dark of the Matinee" vid by Franz Ferdinand? That's what it totally reminded me of. And the way they did it is similar--the white part is during the bridge of both songs.

Hope I used "bridge" correctly. I feel like a tool using musical terms. unsure.gif

I'm pretty sure you did. smile.gif

And you have a good point there- the whole white bit is similar, except that they zoom out on Alex's face at the end, as opposed to zooming in on Damian's face. wink.gif Even musically, the two bridges sound somewhat similar to me.

I hadn't seen that vid in ages. Alex is so sexy in that one. (Not that he isn't anywhere else, haha.) I remember reading dance instructions for that vid one time, and one of the lines was "Stand in a line and have a bunch of people pop up behind you doing jazz hands. Remember to look really bored." laugh.gif

I always forget how much I love that record. Man, Franz Ferdinand, Oh No, and First Band on the Moon- my favourite three records right now and a trio of Johansson-produced goodness...
  • Dude, I totally would, but bored people cannot be helped by somebody who's FREAKING out about her history project that was due Monday and the exam she has tomorrow morning. However! I have your solution.

http://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/south_coast/...copter_game.htm
  • wooo, i got past my slump of 190 to 417, wooo!
  • Just watched this for the first time in a long time, and I was creeped out (again) by how the cymbals line up with Damian's eyes in the white part, before the drums blow up.

I love Andy's jump during the first "You're invincible!" after the white part.

And there's a part I loved the first time I watched the vid, which I had since forgotten ... During or right after the last round of "na na"'s, the background is blue, and Damian kind of swoops up from the bottom of the screen, and he's looking up. Oh. my. God.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 22 2006, 07:14 PM)
    About the white part of the video, did it remind anybody else of the "Dark of the Matinee" vid by Franz Ferdinand? That's what it totally reminded me of. And the way they did it is similar--the white part is during the bridge of both songs.

Actually that middle part always reminds me of Blur's "The Universal" music video.
    Here's a screenshot:
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Aug 17 2006, 12:31 PM)
    Actually that middle part always reminds me of Blur's "The Universal" music video.
    Here's a screenshot:

wow, that's just as creepy (if not more) as the ok go one.