In this Discussion

Truth

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 1 2006, 06:31 PM)
    Amy: you'll be fine. Enjoy the feeling and being happy, and don't worry about the future or being scared- things will work themselves out as they're supposed to.

ALSO DID YOU GO LOOK AT MY MIDSUMMER'S DESIGNS? I really like them and I t hink you'd appreciate them. mellow.gif

First, thank you darling. I'm so happy with this relationship, which makes it weird to know I'll be leaving in a few weeks. Still, it is wonderful.

Second, no I have not, but I would love to! Link?

QUOTE (God @ Aug 1 2006, 06:37 PM)
    ETA Truth: I had to file a restraining order against the keyboardist from my exboyfriends band and through that experience I learned that the police are really very unhelpful when a crazy person is threatening your life.

a-WHA?! If you don't want to talk about it, I understand... but that's intense.
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 1 2006, 02:37 PM)
    Your designs are hotstuff and I'd totally have worn that in my drama exam had you given them to me.

biggrin.gif Thanks!

Amy: http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...ost&p=67103
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 1 2006, 06:47 PM)

ooooh! They're wonderful! I totally glossed over the link before, apologies. You have a wonderful talent!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 1 2006, 02:50 PM)
    ooooh! They're wonderful! I totally glossed over the link before, apologies. You have a wonderful talent!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Why, thank you. Sorry that I went all 3333 and CAPS ATTACKed you, haha.

Truth: I don't really want OK Go to be number one. But I do. I'm having a constant battle over this in my head.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 1 2006, 06:52 PM)
    biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Why, thank you. Sorry that I went all 3333 and CAPS ATTACKed you, haha.
    Truth: I don't really want OK Go to be number one. But I do. I'm having a constant battle over this in my head.

I totally understand.

Truth: The Fix Is In still gives me goosebumps.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 2 2006, 04:44 AM)
    First, thank you darling. I'm so happy with this relationship, which makes it weird to know I'll be leaving in a few weeks. Still, it is wonderful.

Second, no I have not, but I would love to! Link?
    a-WHA?! If you don't want to talk about it, I understand... but that's intense.

I've got no problem talking about it, it happened a while ago. She was a schizophrenic who refused to get proper help and at some point during my relationship she and I had a falling out (over what I really don't know) and from then on she became very vicious and abusive towards me. Initially it was just verbal insults and threats which I didn't take seriously. It culminated in me walking out of one of their gigs one night after she picked a fight with me before they were due to go onstage. My boyfriend decided enough was enough and quit and as I was waiting in his (locked) car for him and a friend to pack up his gear she came out and went nuts. She was pouring alcohol all over the car and trying to smash in the windows screaming that she was going to kill me and it was going to hurt etc. Everyone just stood around and watched. Then when we were trying to leave she picked up a brick and launched it at the windscreen which cracked but fortunately didn't break.

Anyway, we finally got out of there and went straight to the police who told us to go home and return in the morning. They took our statements and a "willfull damage to property" report was filed (because my ex's car was fucked up royally. It was dented, scratched and the windscreen was fucked). When I asked what they could do about the threats and so on, they told me they couldn't do anything until she actually hurt me and the best I could do was file a restraining order against her, wait for her to actually do something, then call them again and they'd see what they could do (which would be arrest her for violating the order). So basically, I was a sitting duck and despite the fact she has a known history of mental problems and threatened my life infront of a large group of people (half denied it because they were her friends) meant nothing.

I got lucky in the end, 'cause her mother moved and she had nowhere to live so she moved with her mother, but I don't really want to think about what would have happened had they stayed in the area. Until the day she left I honestly felt very afraid when I was alone.

I should probably add another truth: I hate having sex in the summer.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 1 2006, 02:54 PM)
    I totally understand.

Truth: The Fix Is In still gives me goosebumps.

I just listened to a bunch of OK Go this morning and remembered why I fell in love with the band in the first place.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 2 2006, 04:52 AM)

I feel the same way about Hanson. It's selfish of me but I actually prefer having the entire world hate them than having them become successful again.

Fortunately for me, they're such a bunch of arseholes these days their chances of commercial success are slim to none! Hurrah!

Truth: I could never date a guy who isn't at least four inches taller than me (5'11").
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 1 2006, 06:55 PM)
    I got lucky in the end, 'cause her mother moved and she had nowhere to live so she moved with her mother, but I don't really want to think about what would have happened had they stayed in the area. Until the day she left I honestly felt very afraid when I was alone.
    I should probably add another truth: I hate having sex in the summer.

oh wow. I'm glad you're OK and were able to move past this. Honestly, that speaks a lot for you. I would still be bitter and terrified.

And I agree. Anything vaguely sexual during the summer is stickier than usual. It is a nice excuse to take shower upon shower though,

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 1 2006, 06:56 PM)
    I just listened to a bunch of OK Go this morning and remembered why I fell in love with the band in the first place.

I've been listening to the first album a lot recently and realized I love it far more than Oh No (though the latter is still a wonderful album). There's something about it that was innovative and wonderful and fun. It just brings back wonderful memories. I honestly played it on repeat for at least a couple of weeks when I first got it. Don't Ask Me is still one of my favorite songs of all time.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 2 2006, 05:06 AM)
    oh wow. I'm glad you're OK and were able to move past this. Honestly, that speaks a lot for you. I would still be bitter and terrified.

And I agree. Anything vaguely sexual during the summer is stickier than usual. It is a nice excuse to take shower upon shower though,
    I've been listening to the first album a lot recently and realized I love it far more than Oh No (though the latter is still a wonderful album). There's something about it that was innovative and wonderful and fun. It just brings back wonderful memories. I honestly played it on repeat for at least a couple of weeks when I first got it. Don't Ask Me is still one of my favorite songs of all time.

lol I can't add anything to the OK Go nostalgia you have going on. How about, "Gosh, it seems like only yesterday a friend of mine sent me 'It's a Disaster' and I fell in love wi--- Oh wait. It was yesterday".

OK, maybe not yesterday, but it was Saturday.

I admit when I see someone who resembles her in public (which has happened once or twice) I freak out and hide. It happened once when I was at work and I hid out the back 'til the customer had left 'cause I was too terrified to risk it being her coming back for a visit or something. Fortunately my boss knew all about it so he was very understanding and took over my task 'til I felt confident enough to come back out. The way I see it, I've had enough shit in my life it would be pointless being bitter over that if I'm not going to be bitter about everything else too, heh. Does that make sense?

Truth: I apparently suffer fromwhat my friends like to call "Father Figure Syndrome". Meaning, I fall for men that are old enough to be my Dad because my own father was never there when I was growing up. It is true that I love guys who are considerably older than me, but who knows if my Dad has anything to do with it lol.
  • My friends say the same about me.
  • truth: I give phenomenal lap dances
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Aug 1 2006, 10:01 PM)
    truth: I give phenomenal lap dances

As do I.

But that's 'cause I bellydance.

Truth: I have three stitches in the back of my head from when I was playing "Ghost" on the hardwood floor and slipped on the sheet and cracked my head open.
  • Truth: Halloween has always made me uncomfortable
  • truth: i dont think im good at dating and infact it kinda scares me.

truth:i havent eaten much lately (a couple months) and i dont know why.
  • truth: when i was 9 a dog bit a chunk of my nose off and i had to have plastic surdery to fix it. and i think about it when ever i look in the mirror.
  • Truth: People say that I'm really confident, but the truth is I'm a coward. I'm the only one that really knows me, and I think about the things I do and think, and I am completely repulsed.

Truth: I don't mind dying, in fact, I can't wait. Life is just so trivial and pointless that I often think, hey, I could die right now and not care. It's not to the point where I'd ever want to kill myself, but man, I can't wait to die. Heaven is going to be sweet.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 2 2006, 04:01 AM)
    Truth: People say that I'm really confident, but the truth is I'm a coward.

I think I understand. I'm very extroverted in most cases, but it's because I'm really very self-conscious. I was emotionally hurt in middle school by the teasing and I could never really get over it, even when I got into high school and made a great group of friends and grew into my own. I'm afraid I'll never get over it. I am constantly parinoid that people are angry with me or upset when there is no reason to suspect that at all. It makes me nervous that I'll always be like this.
  • Yeah, I find that when I'm most uncomfortable, like in gym class for example, I'm the one making jokes and being loud.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 1 2006, 11:04 PM)
    I think I understand. I'm very extroverted in most cases, but it's because I'm really very self-conscious. I was emotionally hurt in middle school by the teasing and I could never really get over it, even when I got into high school and made a great group of friends and grew into my own. I'm afraid I'll never get over it. I am constantly parinoid that people are angry with me or upset when there is no reason to suspect that at all. It makes me nervous that I'll always be like this.

Exactly. I always ask people if they're mad at me because I have this need to be approved my everyone. I even want to be approved by people I don't like just so I can be the one in control and not like them.