In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW...

your non-OKGo-obsessed friends point out when someone says "ok go"

YKYOW...

your new tennis coach talks just like Damian and you have to point it out to everyone.
  • YKYOW... when your friends, who previously did not give a shit about OK Go, now yell "HEY! GET GET GET GET OVER IT!" every time someone says "get over it." biggrin.gif All because of you.
  • ^^^ Aw.

YKYOW...you look at all your papers on March 8, and you see that you have "HBAR" (Happy Birthday And y Ross.) on them.
  • YKYOW...
    you think HBARR should be an international holiday...(i like the extra R tongue.gif)
  • *goes to mark HBAR(R?) on newly bought 2008 calendar*

YKYOW... the only CDs in your car are Ok Go, Oh No (both burned copies, I wouldn't dare play my ACTUAL copies smile.gif), Appendices, OK Go favorites vol. 1, OK Go favorites vol. 2, and... Spoon. laugh.gif

I'm not joking... it's a bit sad, actually...
  • Heh, I too burn copies and keep the originals in a drawer.
  • when everything reminds you of OKGo...fish, cheese, garbage bags, etc. and you can't stop thinking about what it must be like to lick Damian's lips.

My husband thinks we need our own help group. He told me the other day, "you're addicted!"

of course, he is enabling me by buying me tickets and cds
  • ykyo when one of your baby names is Damian, and out of pure annoyance your husband(soon to be dad) hides all your OK Go cd's.
  • YKYOW...every song you hear reminds you of something about OK Go...wow, I think I need help
  • YKYOW... one of the most sacred things on your computer are your OK Go play counts on iTunes. laugh.gif Oh, and of course, the extensive OK Go photo gallery that has been building up in My Pictures...
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Jul 19 2007, 07:38 PM)
    YKYOW... one of the most sacred things on your computer are your OK Go play counts on iTunes. laugh.gif Oh, and of course, the extensive OK Go photo gallery that has been building up in My Pictures...

Yes!

YKYOW you see a nice suit, and the first thing you think is "that would look good on Damian."
  • hmm, ykyow... you pick up a book of short stories in Waldenbooks today, and one of them is by "Andy Duncan" and you feel the need to point this out to all of your friends.
  • When someone mentions the MIT and you just HAVE to tell everyone about Tim's grandfather, so you begin with "you know that band I'm obsessed with...?" and the whole class calls back, in perfect unison, "OK Go!"

rolleyes.gif I've taught them well!
    When someone mentions the MIT and you just HAVE to tell everyone about Tim's grandfather, so you begin with "you know that band I'm obsessed with...?" and the whole class calls back, in perfect unison, "OK Go!"

Sooo what does Tim's grandfather have to do with the MIT? Or rather, more importantly, what IS the MIT?

You're lucky that your classmates are so acceptive (is that even a word?) of your obsession. When I start, the people around me are like "what? Those old guys on the treadmills?" Sheesh! 30-something is not old!
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Jul 20 2007, 03:57 PM)
    Sooo what does Tim's grandfather have to do with the MIT? Or rather, more importantly, what IS the MIT?

You're lucky that your classmates are so acceptive (is that even a word?) of your obsession. When I start, the people around me are like "what? Those old guys on the treadmills?" Sheesh! 30-something is not old!

The MIT is the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Tim's grandfather founded the Metallurgy department there. He invented a metal-strengthening alloy as well. What a guy!

Haha - only a few of them even know me outside of school, but the word has spread! And they don't have a lot of choice; a couple of my classmates are a little intimidated by me, and most of the girls have seen my picture of me with Damian on myspace and have accepted his beauty. And therefore the obsession love.
  • MIT is insane.
    one of the dorms there has the highest suicide rates of any dorm in the country...

metallurgy is a funny word.

ykyow... you're boycotting the internet cause you don't wanna run into HP spoilers, but you still come here. oh well.
  • ykyow when you get your ok go cd/dvd taken away bc you listen/watch it so much they get sick of it but you dont
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Jul 20 2007, 12:57 AM)
    Yes!
    YKYOW you see a nice suit, and the first thing you think is "that would look good on Damian."

Or you see an OK Go-ish suit in the store and make your husband try it on.

And buy a paisley tie.

Allie, <3 you and your obsessive nature.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 21 2007, 09:03 PM)
    Allie, <3 you and your obsessive nature.

wub.gif
    I'm such a dedicated fan...