In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• haha yes! I'm thinking of starting a thread about the little ok go moments you have but can share with no one besides other boardies, then again thats basically what this is.
  • ah yes, it is really weird sometimes... last night i had friends over and i had one of the motivational posters as my desktop background and got quizzical looks... yeah i could explain all this to you, but i propably would start talking about everything i knew about ok go and ...i guess that would throw them a bit off... haha

oh, and i started to make those sweden talking noise Damian made in that interview simply for amusing myself when i'm bored...haha
  • ahhhhh yes, i was talking to my friend the other night, who is coming to stay with me for christmas, she asked me what I wanted. I sent her a picture of Dan. She was very confused. I said he was just so irrasistable there was no way I couldn't ask for him. She was very confused, Dan isn't conventional mr. rico suave, but in my mind he is. you know? I keep sending her little ok go things that make me laugh and she's starting to see the amusement, but she has no idea how far the rabbit hole goes. Awww here it goes. Agian. sorry, i just had about 6 months of extreme ok go obsession, like honestly every second of every day, and then I kinda went through detox also known as college life so you don't have time for anything else, but now i'm home and chasing that sexy dan rabbit all over again. grrr. Don't get me wrong i love it, but it makes me look like a total loser sometimes.
  • ah, that made me smile and i can understand you totally.... (ha, you want dan for christmas, that is so cute, a shame she does not understand...)
  • YKYOW...

You are browsing through Sky Mall on the plane and you flip to the pages with framed motivational prints and laugh out loud to yourself for obvious reasons... smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Nov 26 2007, 03:19 PM)
    YKYOW...

You are browsing through Sky Mall on the plane and you flip to the pages with framed motivational prints and laugh out loud to yourself for obvious reasons... smile.gif

Hah I did the same thing only they are hanging around my school and I just now noticed.
  • you see stalks of wheat in the produce section and you almost pick them up and move them to the cereal section, but rather take a picture and send it to your friend and almost die laughing.
  • ok, today has been the weirdest day ever... i just could not get ok go out of my head, i tried, i really did but...argh

so, first of all, the topic of today's lecture was semiotics, from here on i will post my thoughts I had during the lecture in brackets... ok, semiotics (DAMIAN!!), and my professor talkes a lot, everything rather interesting but i got distracted by his use of words such as: scarf (Oh, Damian and Tim have Hogwartian scarfs, Tim has great scarfs, he talked about his scarf when i met him on thursday,...), motivation (the thread, oh, i love those posters!!!), red (Damians pants, Higa, yay), London (that's where I've been last week, I met loads of cool people there), hand (Damian and I shook hands (ok, now this sounds weird, but ... it was nice wink.gif )), fire (there's a fire...) ... ok, then the lecture got boring and I drew loads of pictures... (which I post in the fanart thread, I don't feel like they belong here...) then i saw Tim, or rather, his double, it is so weird and one day I am going to tell him that he reminds me of Tim... one day...
    When i thought it was over and i could keep my thoughts together I saw spilled milk on the platform ... and see the goi video in my mind...
  • laugh.gif Sounds like you had a great day.
  • ^^Hahah, oh Mayo! I only wish my semiotics lectures were that awesome! But they're all about sign and signals and blah and I wonder "how can someone do an ENTIRE degree on this?!"

I know what you mean when you say that you can almost associate ANYTHING with OK Go!!

Oh and I want those cookies! Those are amazing!!

YKYOW...while watching the friendly between Sydney FC vs LA Galaxy, despite the fact that Sydney are up 3-nil (we won by the way 5-3!), once the commentator says that this was the first game for the Galaxy since they got ousted by the Chicago Fire last week from the league, you start singing the Chicago Fire song that OK Go did for them, hehe.
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Nov 28 2007, 03:30 AM)
    ^^Hahah, oh Mayo! I only wish my semiotics lectures were that awesome! But they're all about sign and signals and blah and I wonder "how can someone do an ENTIRE degree on this?!"

I know what you mean when you say that you can almost associate ANYTHING with OK Go!!

Oh and I want those cookies! Those are amazing!!

my semiotics lectures ARE about signs and signals and all this, but I think this is so much more interesting than syntax and drawing word-trees (wtf??) ... plus, my professor is really funny ^^ But doing an degree on this... wow, I think it is really hard, as most of this deals with uncoincience (?) things and i got all confused in my head after the first semiotics lecture...

oh, now I missed the iPhone commercial (I use the commercials to write here...), that is the only time I can see OK Go on TV... (yeah, 1 second, but hey, a perfect second)

• QUOTE (mayonaise @ Nov 27 2007, 02:11 PM)
    so, first of all, the topic of today's lecture was semiotics, from here on i will post my thoughts I had during the lecture in brackets... ok, semiotics (DAMIAN!!), and my professor talkes a lot, everything rather interesting but i got distracted by his use of words such as: scarf (Oh, Damian and Tim have Hogwartian scarfs, Tim has great scarfs, he talked about his scarf when i met him on thursday,...), motivation (the thread, oh, i love those posters!!!), red (Damians pants, Higa, yay), London (that's where I've been last week, I met loads of cool people there), hand (Damian and I shook hands (ok, now this sounds weird, but ... it was nice wink.gif )), fire (there's a fire...) ... ok, then the lecture got boring and I drew loads of pictures... (which I post in the fanart thread, I don't feel like they belong here...) then i saw Tim, or rather, his double, it is so weird and one day I am going to tell him that he reminds me of Tim... one day...
    When i thought it was over and i could keep my thoughts together I saw spilled milk on the platform ... and see the goi video in my mind...

Lol, that's so awesome. Mayo, you take semiotics to a whole new level. (Ooo, there's a motivational poster in itself)
  • YKYOW:

you see "CCCU" on a sign and you point out, to everyone around you, that you're thinking of C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips

your mom's wearing red pants and all you think of is Damian

you hear someone say "zero zero" in your math class and you murmur to yourself "zero zero zero zero cruel"
  • YKYOW

You're shopping in the frozen food aisle and decide to buy beef stroganoff purely because of the Ok Go connection and not because you have particular interest in stroganoff

As you're cooking the stroganoff, you start to sing and stomp the all too famous Tim Nordwind Ode to Stronganoff, thus confusing your roomates and looking nuts all at the same time
  • ^^*sings* You know who cooked this stroganoff...
    I'll stop.

my semiotics lectures ARE about signs and signals and all this, but I think this is so much more interesting than syntax and drawing word-trees (wtf??) ... plus, my professor is really funny ^^ But doing an degree on this... wow, I think it is really hard, as most of this deals with uncoincience (?) things and i got all confused in my head after the first semiotics lecture...

I totally agree with you. Semiotics is difficult. But I find I can sorta bluff my way through it, provided I can justify it well enough laugh.gif I have to do syntax and morphology next semester and that means dumb word trees, which I am so not looking forward to sad.gif

Anyways, YKYOW...you spend a whole minute (perhaps even more) watching a little ad on the new iPod on display at a department store, just because you KNOW that they're going to show HIGA. And they do! And when your dad finds you standing in the middle of a shop staring at the iPod, sees OK Go and says "everyone loves these four guys on the treadmills" you haven't the heart to tell him that the only reason why he sees them everywhere is because his daughter is obsessed with them.
  • haha... great!
    yesterday I talked to my mom on msn and i always have the "show what you're listening to"- message on and she asked if there is any way she could listen to my music... that is so sweet, my mom likes my music, aaaaaw.

ykyow you dress for the day and shortly before you really really have to go (or otherwise be late... i was...) you realize you don't wear anything ok go related... i never thought that i do that normally, but it is true... even if it's just my paisley scarf... So i ran back to my bed, tripped, fell (luckily) onto my bed and got my scarf... now i know that it was not necessary, as i do have the paisley pattern on my shoes...

oh- morphology, syntax... i think i am done with that now, next week: Phonology!! (speech sounds, that will be interesting..... )

ykyow you're sad that you haven't seen Tim-double today...
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Nov 29 2007, 03:45 AM)
    Anyways, YKYOW...you spend a whole minute (perhaps even more) watching a little ad on the new iPod on display at a department store, just because you KNOW that they're going to show HIGA. And they do! And when your dad finds you standing in the middle of a shop staring at the iPod, sees OK Go and says "everyone loves these four guys on the treadmills" you haven't the heart that the only reason why he sees them everywhere is because his daughter is obsessed with them.

Jedi_grrrlie and I were in the Apple Store on Sunday, and while we were waiting for the salesguy who was helping me, we put HIGA on a very large screened computer so that the whole store could watch.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 29 2007, 05:18 PM)
    Jedi_grrrlie and I were in the Apple Store on Sunday, and while we were waiting for the salesguy who was helping me, we put HIGA on a very large screened computer so that the whole store could watch.

that is so cool, i want to do it, too!!!!!
  • I would so do that too haha! Whenever the apple ipod commercial is on my mom goes "ooh I hope its the ok go one." Gotta love her. I got her to love ok go and now she has c-c-c-cinnamon lips on her ipod smile.gif which is the last song i thought she would choose haha

ykyow...your friends ask you what you want for you birthday other than more ok go stuff. and you have a hard time thinking of things
  • ykyow...

you can carry on an entire conversation only of OK Go related quotes. From things the guys say, to every song lyric we can think of... Angie and I do this daily. Hourly, actually.