In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Dec 10 2007, 08:08 PM)
    YKYOW you cut your right index finger badly and with all the blood that's pouring into the kitchen sink all you can think off to spend time is writting Rusty Ross' multiple nicknames with your own blood while the wound stops bleeding... it's not as creepy as it sounds LOL

haha yeah, that sounds a bit creepy...

not that Andy doesn't go outside. It made me think of him. <3

RED PANTS!
    Seriously, Threadless is trying to kill me here.
  • YKYOW you get this in your inbox:

Subject: Amazon.com recommends "Heavy-duty Ping Pong Paddle - 1 Dozen" and more

Actually, I didn't get this message because of OK Go, directly. I bought 144 ping pong balls this summer for my job, partly just to see what a gross of ping pong balls looks like. However, I admit that I have kept one at my desk all year -- and that WAS because of OK Go. smile.gif
  • So I was watching Scrubs tonight and just realized this…

Elliot wants to tell Turk something without a little boy, whose father is about to have surgery, knowing what they are talking about, so she asks Turk if he speaks French. He tells her he knows a little and this is the conversation they have…

Elliot: Turk, I really think it would make Tyler feel better if he could watch, ok? (in French)
    Turk: I have…an…Eiffel Tower…in my pants. (in French)
    Elliot: What?
    Turk: Pamplemousse!

Hahaha YKYOW... smile.gif
  • hahaha.... i started saying pamplemousse randomly....
  • Alice! What a wonderful room!

QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Dec 10 2007, 11:30 PM)
    haha yeah, that sounds a bit creepy...

I'd say in my defense I was really bored and couldn't move away from the sink for ten minutes.

YKYO... God, I just read 6 pages about summer camps in the United States (which will prove really useful to me...emmm...never...) just to get to a small paragraph about Tim and Damian meeting at camp (which I already knew)...if this isn't obsession I don't know what is. laugh.gif

Rosa
  • ykyow you start clapping parts to ok go songs and your mother says look she's gonna be a cheerleader and you kinda wanna tackle her and straighten her out Mr. T style but don't. You just quckly and sharply correct her and then stomp up the stairs doing the base with your feet and still clapping.
  • QUOTE (punkwhitechocolate @ Dec 12 2007, 01:32 PM)
    ykyow you start clapping parts to ok go songs and your mother says look she's gonna be a cheerleader and you kinda wanna tackle her and straighten her out Mr. T style but don't. You just quckly and sharply correct her and then stomp up the stairs doing the base with your feet and still clapping.

A
    W
    E
    S
    O
    M
    E
    laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Dec 12 2007, 07:45 PM)
    A
    W
    E
    S
    O
    M
    E
    laugh.gif

I agree...

ykyow ... you have this habit of 1) saying 1, 2, 3 oh when there is this certain part of higa playing, Damian does that when they play acoustic and 2) start making this little bow-knee-bend thing Tim and Andy do on stage whenever it fits.... must look weird, but it is great!!!!
  • Hahaha Suzanne, that is FANTASTIC!

YKYOW you correct people who mention 'table tennis' and inform them that it's either ping pong, or the little tennis.

And when people you barely know tell you that the iphone commercial makes them think of you because of the brief HIGA clip.
  • YKYAOW you have started to speak crazy stuff on other threads. rolleyes.gif
  • YKYOW you notice you've been standing on you tiptoes lately because of Andy. wub.gif
  • YKYOW...

You're chatting via iChat with your OK Go partner in crime and you send her a link to a video then proceed to warn her that it's NOT OK Go related, so she must brace herself smile.gif
  • YKYOW...

You have to write a 10 page senior paper that counted as your grade for the first quarter of senior year. And you choose to write about the pros and cons of sharing yourself on the internet. And my main pro was OK Go and how they gained so much internet fame by putting their videos on youtube and such. And so a lot of the research I knew, and one time my mom caught me watching HIGA when I was supposed to be writing and I tell her, "Mom, this is research!" hahaha

And we had to have like a 10 minute oral presentation showing the class what we did. So I had a poster that talked about the pros and cons of it, and there was a big picture of OK Go, next to all the little pictures of everything else biggrin.gif And then we were allowed to show videos, so I brought in the DVD and was going to play part of HIGA since the teacher said only show like a min of the video. And as I was playing it, the whole class sat there, like mesmorized. They were like "Wow, that is amazing!" And so I stopped it after like a minute and EVERYONE in the class was like "o man, don't stop it, we want to watch the rest of it." Even the teacher was like, "wow that was really cool." And then she was asking me about how they did it and everthing. And then she let me put it back on at the end of my presentation and everyone was so excited to see it. It made me proud, I felt like I was sharing OK Go with all these kids, and they all loved it. biggrin.gif

O and I wore my OK Go shirt of course laugh.gif

Edit: sorry for such a long post. rolleyes.gif
  • That's an awesome story, Patty! I'm surprised that your teacher and classmates hadn't already seen it though.
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Dec 13 2007, 12:06 PM)
    YKYOW...

You have to write a 10 page senior paper that counted as your grade for the first quarter of senior year. And you choose to write about the pros and cons of sharing yourself on the internet. And my main pro was OK Go and how they gained so much internet fame by putting their videos on youtube and such. And so a lot of the research I knew, and one time my mom caught me watching HIGA when I was supposed to be writing and I tell her, "Mom, this is research!" hahaha

And we had to have like a 10 minute oral presentation showing the class what we did. So I had a poster that talked about the pros and cons of it, and there was a big picture of OK Go, next to all the little pictures of everything else biggrin.gif And then we were allowed to show videos, so I brought in the DVD and was going to play part of HIGA since the teacher said only show like a min of the video. And as I was playing it, the whole class sat there, like mesmorized. They were like "Wow, that is amazing!" And so I stopped it after like a minute and EVERYONE in the class was like "o man, don't stop it, we want to watch the rest of it." Even the teacher was like, "wow that was really cool." And then she was asking me about how they did it and everthing. And then she let me put it back on at the end of my presentation and everyone was so excited to see it. It made me proud, I felt like I was sharing OK Go with all these kids, and they all loved it. biggrin.gif

O and I wore my OK Go shirt of course laugh.gif

Edit: sorry for such a long post. rolleyes.gif

Your class is so cool! I'm glad you got to spread the OK Go love through a school project.

bwahahaa
  • porifera, your story just made my day! That's so awesome. wub.gif Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

YKYOW
    You go to a really nifty thrift shop in Flagstaff and find 3 pairs of Tim-esque white shoes, as well as several broaches, and become tempted to buy all of it laugh.gif
    (maybe I've mentioned that before, but I'm still having that temptation)
  • Patty! That must have been the best presentation in the history of presentations.

So, last night, my sister and I were watching Woody Allen, and halfway thru, she says he reminds her of Damian. "huh?" I say, "he does not look like Damian." But it wasn't his looks she meant- it was his intellectual humor.
    I was unnecessarily proud.
  • Patty, that's awesome!

My IT class had to do a presentation last year, and my friend and I had seen OK Go live for the first time the day before we started the project, so ours was on the band. We showed the class HIGA too, and they hadn't seen it either! And then I went on for a long time about Damian's intelligence and all of their hotness smile.gif
  • Man I really want to do a presentation on OK Go now. Mental note for the next one!

ykyow you go shopping for your mom for christmas and see about 491654 ok go clothes and seriously contemplate buying everyone until you realize there is no way in hell your mom would wear most of the stuff. still some of that stuff was REALLY cool.