In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• When you ask your 9 year old guess who called (Her dad is a truck driver and is away) and she yells Tim!!!. I won't tell her dad this lol.
  • ykyow... you see Tim- lookalike at uni and you stare at him for several minutes considering his clothes, his glasses and his way of talking only to find that Tim, the original, haha, is way better.... Tim- lookalike cut his sideburns... idiot. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Dec 15 2007, 06:19 PM)
    When you ask your 9 year old guess who called (Her dad is a truck driver and is away) and she yells Tim!!!. I won't tell her dad this lol.

laugh.gif That's so cute!
  • Baah! Bakersfield fan, that's so cute!!!!

YKYOW
    You feel like a proud parent when you show off HIGA to people who don't know Ok Go.
    (That probably sums up what a lot of people are saying above about using Ok Go in their school projects.)
  • I feel the same way Tempe. Whenever I'm listening to them I'm like please someone ask me what I'm listening to...The love must be spread!

ykyow you know that today is your one year aniversary of the day you declared ok go you favorite band ever. yes i know one year is not that long compared to alot of people but it is a landmark for me haha. biggrin.gif it makes me super happy. oh how my life has changed in one year...
  • Disclaimer: This is simply something I found on the internet this morning (thanks to Google alerts). It does not apply to me.

YKYOW: you barely speak English, but you post a blog of random ramblings including the words "Damian Kulash married" several times over.

This, everyone, is seriously the weirdest thing I have ever seen on the Interwebs.
  • haha, i like that blog... damian kulash damian kulash arrested damian kulash married damian kulash married... hahahaha
  • HAHAHAHAHAHA! what IS that?
    My sister likes to call everybody and everything a creepy/creepy, and I'm just picturing her saying it, looking at this, the one time the word fits.

wow, she has like a whole category of Damian Kulash married entries:
    http://topbandmail.blog.bambino.si/categor...kulash-married/

This one's my fav title: DHS employee put on leave after Damian kulash married.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Dec 19 2007, 02:45 PM)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! what IS that?
    My sister likes to call everybody and everything a creepy/creepy, and I'm just picturing her saying it, looking at this, the one time the word fits.

wow, she has like a whole category of Damian Kulash married entries:
    http://topbandmail.blog.bambino.si/categor...kulash-married/

This one's my fav title: DHS employee put on leave after Damian kulash married.

I am LMAO over the category. I was already thinking about passing these on to Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, but now I DEFINITELY think it needs to be done.
  • won't he be creeped out?
  • Woah that was crazy!
    I think the creepy thing definatley applies.

ykyow ... today in teen issues class (yes i know it is a stupid baby class) our teacher was talking about a project where we have to make a box and decorate/put things in it that help us deal with stress. I immediatly thought of ways to incorporate ok go wallpaper, pictures, ect. and start dozing off when I hear my teacher say "but you can't just slap a picture of a treadmill on here and say its done" and I perked up started to laugh haha. It made me happy. I dont really know why I am telling this but yeah. Sorry to make you read that.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Dec 19 2007, 03:27 PM)
    won't he be creeped out?

Well, I'm of two minds on that. It's not us writing it. But you've got a really good point - the category makes it BEYOND creepy (once you get over the initial humor). However, if you look at the general blog, the writer seems to have a thing with the name Damian. It's not just Kulash, it's like LOADS of stories about guys named Damian, or rather entries with sentences about guys named Damian. Which takes away some of the fear, and adds some back all at the same time.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 19 2007, 09:45 PM)
    Which takes away some of the fear, and adds some back all at the same time.

...now isn't that nice? hahaha....
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Sep 4 2007, 07:31 PM)
    OMG, so today, my English teacher used the words "u*tilize" and "re*iterate" IN THE SAME SENTENCE. I burst into giggles for at least two minutes, haha. laugh.gif

So, I know I'm quoting this from so long ago, but whats with re*iterate? Of course I know about u*tilize, but the other? Not so much.

YKYOW...
    -You're at the library choosing a free-read book for school, and choose one solely on the title: "No Sign of Life"
    There's a picture of the author in it, and his glasses are very Timish. So far, the book isn't too bad either.

-Theres a kid at school who has Tim's legs/hips, and every time you see him, you chuckle. My friends and I now refer to him as Legs laugh.gif

-You feel like a big part of you is missing when you aren't on the boards for a while.
  • Damian thinks the word is redundant. You could just say iterate, according to him.
    My two cents: in math, you do say "iterate." I have never heard anybody say that outside of a math context tho.
  • Hmm, interesting. Was this in that same article?
  • ykyow... you buy a hat that looks a lot like the one Damian is wearing on this picture...hm, i think it is also on one motivational poster,... looks kind of Russian and is super warm... wink.gif
    ... everything in your head is OK Go realated, i bought a Gogol Bordello CD for my dad and think: Hey, I remember a thread about them on the boards and after that i bought a Regina Spektor CD (for me...) and think: Hey, Damian chose her video at the "hosted by OK Go" on GoTV ...
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Dec 22 2007, 03:16 PM)
    after that i bought a Regina Spektor CD (for me...) and think: Hey, Damian chose her video at the "hosted by OK Go" on GoTV ...

What's GoTV and all of that?
  • GoTV is an Austrian music channel that has loads of fantastic music, the only channel that plays OK Go, as far as I know. I don't get it anymore, as i moved... There are loads of "hosted by"s on youtube, but i haven't found the OK Go one... Damian chooses some videos, I think Kaiser Chiefs, Regina Spektor, Radiohead, Rolling Stones, Mew, ...hm, i can't really remember but i have it on tape... "Hosted by" is a special with musicians and then they talk about other artists, about their work and if I remeber correctly the OK Go one was taken in the beginning of 2007.

I wish I could post that video here as it is really great, but I have no idea how...

Edit: Found the playlist:
    Prince Controversy
    Chemical Brothers, The Star Guitar
    Ok Go Invincible
    Flaming Lips, The Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
    Björk It's Oh So Quiet
    Vitalic Poney Part 1
    Metric Monster Hospital
    Mew Why Are You Looking Grave
    We Are Scientists Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
    Regina Spektor Better
    Kaiser Chiefs Ruby
    Radiohead No Surprises

This is what Damian wanted to see.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Dec 22 2007, 03:05 PM)
    Hmm, interesting. Was this in that same article?

No, I don't think it was the same blog debate thingy, but I could be wrong. To be honest, I can't remember, sorry.