In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 13 2008, 07:34 PM)
    So, I'm kinda scared that it's a day thing and I'll show up at night all stupid like.

Anyone know what time the gig is gonna be? Anyone? Bueller?

YKYOW you go be a groupie even if you end up looking all stupid like.

I found two tickets on craigslist for the show. I contacted the guy and he said they were mine for the low price of $50. I debated back and forth with a co-worker and jumped at the chance for them. So, I emailed back that I'd take them. Only hitch, they're in Elmhurst, IL and I'm downtown. So, it looks like I get to wait outside and hope that someone has an extra ticket. I went to the bank and everything to get the cash for the tickets. Argh.

I'm waiting to hear back from the guy to find out when the show is. He said he remembers the tickets saying 6pm, so at least I know what time the contest starts. How long the contest will be and what time the set starts I have no idea.

I am on the verge of asking to leave early from work, hop on the el, get in my car, drive out there, pick up the tickets, drive back, hop back on the el and go to the show. And the only real reason why is because then I would fer shure be able to get in the show. But I haven't heard back from him yet so I don't know exactly where I would meet his wife to get the tickets.

So yeah, I'm hoping someone has an extra ticket I can purchase from them (even though the show is free through WXRT [wish I knew sooner, I would have listened to that station to get the free tickets] and yeah).

Or in some most excellent twist of luck I bump into one of the guys and they put my name on the list.

Yeah, I'm not betting on either scenario to pan out, but it doesn't hurt to hope.

Wish me luck!
  • Good luck!! I hope you'll get there and they put you on the list, so you'll be able to meet them, be on the list and not pay a thing. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • YKYOW you make it into the private party!!

Check here for the full story.
  • QUOTE (ktlou7492 @ Mar 29 2008, 03:04 PM)
    Then when we ate at Carraba's one of the specials was The Damian. Now I really wanted to have it but it didnt sound too tasty, so I opened up the menu and what do I find Scampi Damian, exactly what I was craving (seriously alfredo and shrimp). Now only if the rest of my family could have had The Tim, The Dan, and The Andy we would be all set smile.gif

I heard a commercial today on the radio for The Damian! It's lobster ravioli, salmon, and breaded shrimp...I need dinner
  • YKYOW

You're in art club and your art teacher's playing music and then Don't Bring Me Down by Electric Light Orchestra comes on and you shriek and then start screaming "OK GO SANG THIS SONG!!!!!" and then go on a big obsessive rant biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Apr 17 2008, 05:44 PM)
    YKYOW

You're in art club and your art teacher's playing music and then Don't Bring Me Down by Electric Light Orchestra comes on and you shriek and then start screaming "OK GO SANG THIS SONG!!!!!" and then go on a big obsessive rant biggrin.gif

Well done, young padawan. wink.gif
  • YKYOW you see a commerical for the new Hershey's Bliss and you start smilin' like a fool. Though it doesn't look like any of the wrappers are silver. Now wouldn't that have been awesome?

Heh, I can give Andy a bag of himself. Okay, that sounds wrong.
  • ^^ Hahaha I saw that yesterday and totally thought of you! rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Apr 17 2008, 02:44 PM)
    YKYOW

I used to hate that song. It would always get stuck in my head while I was drilling. Then I went to my first Ok Go concert, and loved that song. They changed my whole perception of the song.
  • YKYOW
    you're in Worcester, and you keep looking over your shoulder hoping to magically see Andy
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 19 2008, 09:06 PM)
    YKYOW
    you're in Worcester, and you keep looking over your shoulder hoping to magically see Andy

HAHA, Alice and I were the same way in DC, hoping we'd see Damian. Even though we KNEW they were in Chicago.
  • YKYOW: you're doing a report on south Asia, and you keep typing Damian instead of India.
  • I don't know if this would necessarily constitute YKYOW, but I've tasted bliss and it tastes good. No, not that bliss, this bliss.

Edit: The inside of the wrapper is silver. laugh.gif
  • and how does bliss taste? wink.gif
  • ykyow:

Today in english class we were going over a quiz we had taken last week. In one of the questions you were supposed to find the problem and fix it. Well, the problem was unnecessary words, in this case - utilized. Of course I changed it to use .Then my teacher went on a rant how use and other words are totally pointless and people just use them to sound smart! He seriously sounded JUST like Damian. I could not stop smililng smile.gif He totally gets 5 more cool points in my book.
  • My sister started making a YKYOW list while we were waiting for the concert on Wednesday because she kept commenting on how obsessed I was. This was before her obsession with Andy started. Cuz now she's completely in love with Andy and every time she sees a picture of him she freaks. But I'll have to find that list and post some of the things on it laugh.gif I think I remember a couple though:

YKYOW:
    1) You sneak backstage at your first concert to try and possibly talk to them and you freak out when you hear them playing on stage. (We didn't really sneak cuz a girl flat-out told us they were back there, and there weren't any keep out signs, so we just walked straight through the doors tongue.gif )

2) You're homepage on your phone's internet is OK Go's site (I had my phone out, and I was going on the internet to show my sister something and she went "Oh my gosh!" when she saw that it went straight to their site when I opened the internet)
  • YKYOW:

Your 10-year-old sister has to write about the persuasiveness of a television commercial of her choice, so she writes about the Berocca add and how it's use of the fantastic idea of dancing on treadmills makes you think that the product will make you do equally awesome things.... and then she writes half a page on how the idea was actually OK Go's and so the ad has persuaded OK Go fans NOT to buy Berocca as they stole the idea without permission. I'm so proud wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 27 2008, 11:00 AM)
    YKYOW:

Your 10-year-old sister has to write about the persuasiveness of a television commercial of her choice, so she writes about the Berocca add and how it's use of the fantastic idea of dancing on treadmills makes you think that the product will make you do equally awesome things.... and then she writes half a page on how the idea was actually OK Go's and so the ad has persuaded OK Go fans NOT to buy Berocca as they stole the idea without permission. I'm so proud wub.gif

That's so awesome! I love it
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 27 2008, 11:00 AM)
    YKYOW:

Well done, Mimi. I'll be posting you some peanut butter cups for that one.