In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 3 2008, 08:47 AM)
    I know, it *is* in VA. But DC is a city in the middle of the borders between MD and VA. The closest airport would be in DC.

oh ok, i get it
  • max out those cards and sneak outta the house!! (enable enable)
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Jun 3 2008, 12:39 PM)
    max out those cards and sneak outta the house!! (enable enable)

laugh.gif That would get me killed
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jun 3 2008, 12:36 PM)

lol ok

but what a great story you would have to tell the guys after the show!!!!!

"i risked it all to come and see your last gig of the summer!"

and then they would be so touched that they would take you out for dinner!!

ok, I am getting carried away with this enabling blink.gif
  • So, I have a green cheek conure [the diva parrot of the household] who's very particular about the music that can be played around him. This basically means that when music he dislikes is played, he goes into a screaming rampage. 95% of the time... this is the case. However, today, I finally played Oh No with him on me, squinting my eyes and hoping that my ear drums wouldn't explode from his vociferousness. His response? He loved it. Seriously. At the beginning of every song, he would pause, listen for a minute, and then start making the noises he makes when really enjoys something. At first, I was shocked, but then realized my bird just has great taste.
  • Ha, that is an AWESOME story, Nance!
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jun 3 2008, 12:36 PM)

Katie and I flew from Michigan to BWI for only $130 round trip wink.gif wink.gif
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Jun 3 2008, 11:46 PM)
    lol ok

but what a great story you would have to tell the guys after the show!!!!!

"i risked it all to come and see your last gig of the summer!"

and then they would be so touched that they would take you out for dinner!!

ok, I am getting carried away with this enabling blink.gif

That would be an awesome story to tell them. And that alone really tempts me tongue.gif I actually thought about that before

QUOTE (Beasle @ Jun 4 2008, 10:22 AM)
    Katie and I flew from Michigan to BWI for only $130 round trip wink.gif wink.gif

I would love to find a flight at that price, but they're all really expensive right now sad.gif
    edit: Which, technically, I could afford, but that would involve me using up almost all of the money that I got from my graduation open house, which is suppose to be used towards college
  • QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Jun 3 2008, 11:14 PM)
    So, I have a green cheek conure [the diva parrot of the household] who's very particular about the music that can be played around him. This basically means that when music he dislikes is played, he goes into a screaming rampage. 95% of the time... this is the case. However, today, I finally played Oh No with him on me, squinting my eyes and hoping that my ear drums wouldn't explode from his vociferousness. His response? He loved it. Seriously. At the beginning of every song, he would pause, listen for a minute, and then start making the noises he makes when really enjoys something. At first, I was shocked, but then realized my bird just has great taste.

AWW that is so cute!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 4 2008, 09:09 AM)
    Ha, that is an AWESOME story, Nance!

QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Jun 4 2008, 05:48 PM)
    AWW that is so cute!

Why thank you. He'll be available for autographs later. wink.gif

• ykyow... there is a tornado warning and rather than taking cover you're posting on the ok go board... haha... okay so this is the third tornado warning tonight and i've seen nada so far, so i'm begining to lack faith in meteorologists...
  • YKYOW you know who the Pajama-Man is wink.gif
  • YKYOW you know that if you were in high school you would have fallen for the kid doing Rusty in this video
  • YKYOW you have spent 15 minutes pondering over the meaning of the word "catarell" to no avail.
  • YKYOW:
    At your graduation open house: you have a slideshow of pictures of you on the big screen at one end of the house, and at the other end of the house you have a poster board of more pictures but on the table in front of the poster board, there's a picture book that your mom made of you and OK Go, and there's also a photo frame with pictures of you and OK Go up on the wall. And on the tv on that side of the house you have the OK Go DVD going.
    And your cousin says, "It's like one end of the house is a tribute to you and the other end of the house is a tribute to OK Go" laugh.gif
    But in my defense, there were a few other things on that end that had to do with me. I had some of my drawings up and all my band awards set out.
  • Awwww, that is one supportive Mom. biggrin.gif wub.gif
  • yeah, she surprised me with both the book and the picture frame that she had made biggrin.gif
    I'll probably post some pictures of them eventually, as soon as I get them on the computer

oh i forgot another one....

YKYOW:
    OK Go references come up all the time in everyday conversation
    For example- Me and my sister today at Olive Garden:

Jessie: "I'm going to have to go to the bathroom before we leave."
    Me: "Potty time!"
    Jessie: "That's P-O-T-T-Y not P-A-R-T-Y, Potty!"
    Both: "Potty all the time, Potty all the time, Potty all the ti-ime"
    *As my mom looks at us strange and just shakes her head like we're crazy
  • YKYOW you see today's Get Fuzzy and wonder if Andy saw it too.

And funny side note, Satchel's a Cubs fan. Eh, it makes sense if you've followed my rather odd converstations with Andy and texting through Rachel.
  • Double post, but whatever.

YKYOWB*W you take some pics, throw them in paint and make a new desktop. At least I have something to look at now.

*bored as all hell
  • YKYOW: you insist on taking the pick that Rusty gave you into your exams as a good luck charm. Whenever I had a mindblock or freaked out, I just twirled it around in my hand, thought of him smiling and it calmed me down. smile.gif