In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKY(and your sister)OW...this happens.

My sister: I was watching tv and all the sudden I heard, "J0rge, an aspiring dog groomer from New York, finally got his big break."
    Me: I guess that's why J0rge hasn't been around lately.
  • YKYOW:

You're watching a James Bond film and burst out laughing when James, in a very British accent, suddenly shouts, "Ok Go!"
  • YKYOW

your bunny hops and you think of Damian
  • YKYOW sex and candy and Andy.
  • This doesn't really fit here or in the 'Damian is Hot' thread, but anyway...

My sis doesn't like Damian's short hairstyle, but she's willing to make a compromise. She says Damian should have his hair like the tall guy with the camera seen at 4:40 of this clip (ignore watching the rest because it's from a movie and you'd have to watch the rest of the movie to understand): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kih6pJgL6U...feature=related
  • I was ok with his short hair when it was grown out just a little longer, but then he cut it again.

YKYOW

Hearing Get Over it as soon as you come out into the hall from your dorm room and discovering it's being BLASTED in the bathroom makes you almost explode from joyness! biggrin.gif
  • YKYOW:

You force your family to go to the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas to see the display of the DWYW suits, and squeal so loudly that the security guards there jump when you find the display.

You get into a heated argument with one of the waitresses at the cafe who says that Brandon Flowers of the Killers is hotter than Damian Kulash.

You drive MILES down Sunset Blvd in Hollywood to get to Kreiling & Dodd, the store that has the cards that Damian made, TWICE (it was closed the first time, so we drove miles back to the main strip before getting through to Christopher Kreiling on the phone and agreeing to meet there again later).

Christopher Kreiling, the man who often dresses OK Go and made and designed the DWYW suits (and who, by the way, is one of the LOVLIEST men ever), asks you if you know OK Go personally.

Your family listen to OK Go tracks on full volume while driving from Las Vegas to San Francisco.

You meet two boardies - Kalinda and Maura (Ushies, people remember her? She doesn't come by anymore) in San Francisco!!!

The whole time you're away, you miss the OK Go boards like mad.

By the way, just in case it wasn't clear - I'M HOME!!!
  • Aww, That sounds SO SO awesome!!!!!
    And YAY!!!! Alice is back!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
    Did you get to see the cards?
  • yeah! wuuzup with the cards
    did you get them ??????????????????????????????????
  • YKYOW you whip out your pics from the DC show in February to show to your future-step-mother-in-law while you tell her the story of Andy calling you on your birthday even though you're celebrating your fiance's birthday. Then you make plans with the future-step-mother-in-law to see OK Go when they're back in town. And yet, she was this close to going with you to see them in Iowa.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 22 2008, 11:26 AM)
    YKYOW:

You force your family to go to the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas to see the display of the DWYW suits, and squeal so loudly that the security guards there jump when you find the display.

You get into a heated argument with one of the waitresses at the cafe who says that Brandon Flowers of the Killers is hotter than Damian Kulash.

You drive MILES down Sunset Blvd in Hollywood to get to Kreiling & Dodd, the store that has the cards that Damian made, TWICE (it was closed the first time, so we drove miles back to the main strip before getting through to Christopher Kreiling on the phone and agreeing to meet there again later).

Christopher Kreiling, the man who often dresses OK Go and made and designed the DWYW suits (and who, by the way, is one of the LOVLIEST men ever), asks you if you know OK Go personally.

Your family listen to OK Go tracks on full volume while driving from Las Vegas to San Francisco.

You meet two boardies - Kalinda and Maura (Ushies, people remember her? She doesn't come by anymore) in San Francisco!!!

The whole time you're away, you miss the OK Go boards like mad.

By the way, just in case it wasn't clear - I'M HOME!!!

This is quite possibley the best YKYOW post we've ever had.

Ooo, what is Christopher Kreiling like? He looks very artistic and elegant, sort of in a vampire way. Even his name is elegant.
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Aug 22 2008, 09:49 PM)
    Aww, That sounds SO SO awesome!!!!!
    And YAY!!!! Alice is back!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
    Did you get to see the cards?

QUOTE (bullshituous @ Aug 23 2008, 02:21 AM)
    yeah! wuuzup with the cards
    did you get them ??????????????????????????????????

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Aug 23 2008, 07:37 AM)
    This is quite possibley the best YKYOW post we've ever had.

Ooo, what is Christopher Kreiling like? He looks very artistic and elegant, sort of in a vampire way. Even his name is elegant.

Haha, thanks Tempe! I do try...

He's absolutely lovely. He apologised profusely about not being open earlier, gave me a tour of the store and showed me the clothes that he'd made for Gwen Stephani and Kelly Osborne, he even let me try stuff on! He's so sweet. And camp tongue.gif It reminded me of Damian's impression (the quote in my sig).

As for the cards - he got them out for me and let me look through them. Half of them say "I think I'm getting stupider" and half of them say "I've always been stupid, I just didn't know it", and there's no joker card. They cost $175, which is still alot in pounds, even with the exchange rate as it is. I didn't get them in the end, mainly because of the lack of joker. I think they're better suited to an art collector who would appreciate the conceptual art of it (because to be perfectly honest, I couldn't) than an OK Go fan, you know? It's amazing how Damian managed to keep his handwriting almost identical in every single card though! I got to see them and flick through them, and that's enough for me. smile.gif Christopher even apologised for the lack of joker, lol! It was great meeting him anyway, and I told him that I was really pleased to meet him as I knew he'd designed the DWYW suits and stuff, he seemed really pleased about that! And I got a hug and a hi-five! wub.gif

So if anyone else fancies those cards, they're still up for grabs!
  • Wow, you got to try stuff on!? That's awesome, Alice.
    And he sounds so nice! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 24 2008, 11:06 AM)
    Haha, thanks Tempe! I do try...

He's absolutely lovely. He apologised profusely about not being open earlier, gave me a tour of the store and showed me the clothes that he'd made for Gwen Stephani and Kelly Osborne, he even let me try stuff on! He's so sweet. And camp tongue.gif It reminded me of Damian's impression (the quote in my sig).

As for the cards - he got them out for me and let me look through them. Half of them say "I think I'm getting stupider" and half of them say "I've always been stupid, I just didn't know it", and there's no joker card. They cost $175, which is still alot in pounds, even with the exchange rate as it is. I didn't get them in the end, mainly because of the lack of joker. I think they're better suited to an art collector who would appreciate the conceptual art of it (because to be perfectly honest, I couldn't) than an OK Go fan, you know? It's amazing how Damian managed to keep his handwriting almost identical in every single card though! I got to see them and flick through them, and that's enough for me. smile.gif Christopher even apologised for the lack of joker, lol! It was great meeting him anyway, and I told him that I was really pleased to meet him as I knew he'd designed the DWYW suits and stuff, he seemed really pleased about that! And I got a hug and a hi-five! wub.gif

So if anyone else fancies those cards, they're still up for grabs!

That sounds like an awesome time! He was really nice on the phone, so I can't begin to imagine how nice he was in person. Definitely the best YKYOW.
  • YKYOW...you're watching SNL and they have one of those host picture things of Michael Phelps getting water thrown at him and it makes you think of the Get Over It video that they play at concerts.

YKYOW...you're watching the Giants vs. Reds game (this happened like last month but I never got around to posting) and they show a shot of Fountain Square in Cincinnati and you start screaming about how OK Go played there and that was the show that Suzanne organized.
  • YKYOW you see this --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLD0iA3W_YU

-- and think of Little Damian.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 15 2008, 11:03 PM)
    YKYOW...you're watching SNL and they have one of those host picture things of Michael Phelps getting water thrown at him and it makes you think of the Get Over It video that they play at concerts.

YKYOW...you're watching the Giants vs. Reds game (this happened like last month but I never got around to posting) and they show a shot of Fountain Square in Cincinnati and you start screaming about how OK Go played there and that was the show that Suzanne organized.

NO LIE I had the same thought about Fountain Square this weekend during the Cincinnati/Cleveland game. I was rooting for the Browns though, sorry Suzanne. (For all I actually cared about the game, honestly)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Sep 16 2008, 09:25 AM)
    I was rooting for the Browns though, sorry Suzanne. (For all I actually cared about the game, honestly)

YKYOW... You and Will Strut both. smile.gif
  • ^^^ Exactly.
  • YKYOW...

you see a commercial for the movie Invincible... and burst out into song... "OH, OH, OOOH!!" biggrin.gif