In this Discussion

New video and new single

Comments

• Tim said Trish was involved- was she the dancer in the dress? that would be wicked awesome if she was.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Feb 14 2007, 09:29 PM)
    When you get to the site, go towards the bottom where I think it will count down from :15 seconds. Once the countdown is done, it will have a Click Here To Download link. Not sure why this site makes you wait.

when i did that for the second link, it brought up another page and started playing the video. why? or is it supposed to do that? then what do i do from there?
    (sorry, but im pretty new to downloading stuff)
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 14 2007, 09:45 PM)
    Tim said Trish was involved- was she the dancer in the dress? that would be wicked awesome if she was.

you could be right...didnt she use to do something with ballroom dancing?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 14 2007, 09:22 PM)
    not to sound like a whiner, but it seems everyone is just saying "mind status blown" for the sake of it or because Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore says so. Am I the only one who has more to say?

I'll stand with you, Miss Arizona.

Whereas the HIGA video was remarkable for its simplicity, this is remarkable for its excess. Maybe that's what they were going for. Was this a tribute to Banksy? I can't remember if I read about this on here, but here's a link and a name that is worth research: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1sm2RN8bc

Again, I am a humble fan and they are Grammy winners, so what do I know? Only what I like, I guess. I appreciate the effort that went into it, but I did not like it. Maybe because one of the very best things about OK Go to me is that they are so approachable, normal and genuine. I want the rest of the world (other than the 100 or so people on this board) to see that side of them and want to get to know them better. I wonder if this video will do that for them.
  • It's an interesting video, but I don't know that it's something I would watch very often like the treadmill video. I liked the hula hooper and the parts with the instruments because I like knowing who the band members are. I can't say that I'm a huge fan (in part because the person at the end hugging the wall creeps me out), but it's a cool concept and it's executed very well. Good job guys!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 14 2007, 09:12 PM)
    My mind wasn't really blown. I enjoyed it more w/ the sound off actually. With the song playing, I kept waiting for something to happen but all that would happen would be tapestry draped figures dancing around. With the sound off, it was amusing. I guess I don't feel that the song goes much with the scenes shown. I just got kind of bored seeing figures in tapestry against a tapestry background because they were just figures moving around, figures with no expressions. It's artistic. It's different. It's interesting. But I wasn't into it. Or maybe I'm just sleepy and hungry right now. I wasn't dissapointed by any means, but I wasn't in awe either. Well, just offering a different oppinion.

I would have to agree with Tempe on all levels.

And I can't really say much more.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 14 2007, 09:45 PM)
    Tim said Trish was involved- was she the dancer in the dress? that would be wicked awesome if she was.

I'm sure it is. She was a professional ballroom dancer for years. Why would they get someone else when they've got one in the family? I hope she got to keep the dress.
  • i can see what tempe means, and of course its ok that some of you dont like it-you dont have to like everything ok go, but personally i love it. i think its really fun. i would have loved to see their faces, but somehow i still liked it without them.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Feb 14 2007, 11:14 PM)
    I'm sure it is. She was a professional ballroom dancer for years. Why would they get someone else when they've got one in the family? I hope she got to keep the dress.

I can't tell for sure, but it looked like they were doing the Lindy Hop.

Well, the chick was, the guy wasn't doing much of anything.
  • The Grammy + this new video = the 1-2 punch that has sent me into OK Go oblivion.

(and I'm freaking out because I'm seeing them in 12 days) It's almost too much to handle!

The video looked like it was a blast to film. It's fun to watch.
    Only I'm having a terrible time figuring out who is who... well obviously the paisley dude with the drums is Dan.. and the one with glasses is Tim.. but I can't tell the difference between Damian and Andy. but perhaps that's the point.
    Do they do any moves other than playing the instuments?
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Feb 14 2007, 10:00 PM)
    Was this a tribute to Banksy? I can't remember if I read about this on here, but here's a link and a name that is worth research: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1sm2RN8bc

Whether there's a connection or not, I just read the Wikipedia article about Banksy, which was interesting. My world just expanded a tiny bit. Thanks, dietpepsi.

Again, I am a humble fan and they are Grammy winners, so what do I know? Only what I like, I guess. I appreciate the effort that went into it, but I did not like it. Maybe because one of the very best things about OK Go to me is that they are so approachable, normal and genuine. I want the rest of the world (other than the 100 or so people on this board) to see that side of them and want to get to know them better. I wonder if this video will do that for them.

Hm. Good points. I'm a little worried in the same way.
  • QUOTE (mmmary @ Feb 14 2007, 10:29 PM)
    Only I'm having a terrible time figuring out who is who... well obviously the paisley dude with the drums is Dan.. and the one with glasses is Tim.. but I can't tell the difference between Damian and Andy. but perhaps that's the point.
    Do they do any moves other than playing the instuments?

i was wondering the same thing, but since they seem to like confusing people it could be the point.
  • To me the yellow/brown paisely colors became monotonous. Even though there was a lot going on in the vid and it was amusing, I just got sort of bored sitting thru it. The solid background, floor, and people all meshing together is brilliant I suppose, but at the same time, it was just sort of too monochromatic. Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly orginal and creative, and brilliant. But overall, I was hoping for something more.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 14 2007, 10:42 PM)
    But overall, I was hoping for something more.

i kind of expected the people in it to be doing different stuff. like really going crazy or something. but i still love it. a lot.
  • i thought the video was sick.

damian said in some interview that they werent even going to try to top HIGA and A Million Ways, and i thought their different approach was a great idea. it will get a ton of people thinking about them and will (obviously) generate a ton of different opinions, which is awesome, and im sure it will get a ton of coverage. i really miss their faces, but going all out with dan's paisley hat and tim's paisley glasses? makes up for it all my friends. the do what you want video is insane (looking) and its so clear that the four of them (as well as 30298570923150 others) had an amazing time making this video and im really proud. and even if i sometime decide i dont like the video, i will ALWAYS be down with that.

backflip on a pogo stick into a backflip = athletic genius.

contortionist = artistic genius.

segways = automotive genius.

ok go = the greatest thing since ok go.

damian said in some interview that they werent even going to try to top HIGA and A Million Ways, and i thought their different approach was a great idea. it will get a ton of people thinking about them and will (obviously) generate a ton of different opinions, which is awesome, and im sure it will get a ton of coverage. i really miss their faces, but going all out with dan's paisley hat and tim's paisley glasses? makes up for it all my friends. the do what you want video is insane (looking) and its so clear that the four of them (as well as 30298570923150 others) had an amazing time making this video and im really proud. and even if i sometime decide i dont like the video, i will ALWAYS be down with that.

• AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SORRY QUADRUPLE-POST

how embarassing.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 14 2007, 06:46 PM)
    when i did that for the second link, it brought up another page and started playing the video. why? or is it supposed to do that? then what do i do from there?
    (sorry, but im pretty new to downloading stuff)

Instead of clicking where it says "click here to download", right click and 'save target as'....that worked for me wink.gif