In this Discussion

New video and new single

Comments

• THANKS I HAVE 7 STARS!!! woot!

oh my one of the weirdest things i have ever seen, but oh oh so good!

i have a sneaking suspicion that some of the scene that have the band playing Damian is replaced by a lizard man (see 1:07-1:09). For some reason that just looks lizard like...

and oh my. the ending where the guy sprawls himself is just so damn creepy. It must be the lizard man again.

gah! i have to watch it again!
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Feb 15 2007, 03:05 PM)
    i have a sneaking suspicion that some of the scene that have the band playing Damian is replaced by a lizard man (see 1:07-1:09). For some reason that just looks lizard like...

Haha, I'm not so sure I would call it a lizard man, but I do see the resemblance. I was wondering if that part was really Damian or not, it reminds me of the type of dance where you like 'pop' your body (sorry I don't know the name), which i think is in the video at another point.
    Even though not knowing when its them is part of what's good about it, I'd really love to know.
  • "I THINK IT'S DISGUSTINGLY AMAZING"

that chick in ghostrider put it well? It seemed to have good feedback for TRL.

I'm now changing the channel because I don't like MTV . . .

It's so much better on TV though.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Feb 15 2007, 04:19 PM)
    "I THINK IT'S DISGUSTINGLY AMAZING"

that chick in ghostrider put it well? It seemed to have good feedback for TRL.

I'm now changing the channel because I don't like MTV . . .

It's so much better on TV though.

It is so much better on TV, most definitely. It's so much clearer and you can really see all of the little things you missed when watching it online. I have decided, even though its not personal like other OK Go videos, I really love it. A lot.
  • Man, I wish I could see it on TV.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 15 2007, 09:28 PM)
    Man, I wish I could see it on TV.

yeah me too, but I think it's just a matter of weeks...(maybe months)
  • i like it better than the band made vide, the personal one because ok go has made several band made videos, so it wasn't as much a treat as a really weird, funny and cool video.
  • Uh huh.

I feel about that the same way I feel about modern art: like there's something I'm supposed to "get" that I'm just not "getting."

It'd be a lie to say that I wasn't at least amused. There were definitely some very funny, enjoyable parts.

I just don't think the song and video fit well together, especially having seen two other, more original, more fitting vids. (Yes, more original, because we've already seen a video just like this, only with one guy dancing, for "Television." Had I not seen the "Television" video already, I would have said, "Hey! Nifty idea!" But not the case.)

So eh. It was good. It's not mind-blowing. It just doesn't feel like....OK Go. Like, how do I know that was them under those suits? This could be a really well-done fan vid, and I wouldn't know the difference.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 15 2007, 01:28 PM)
    Man, I wish I could see it on TV.

Mee to. I have no cable. MTV sucks anyways.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 15 2007, 06:37 PM)
    Uh huh.
    I feel about that the same way I feel about modern art: like there's something I'm supposed to "get" that I'm just not "getting."
    It'd be a lie to say that I wasn't at least amused. There were definitely some very funny, enjoyable parts.

I just don't think the song and video fit well together, especially having seen two other, more original, more fitting vids. (Yes, more original, because we've already seen a video just like this, only with one guy dancing, for "Television." Had I not seen the "Television" video already, I would have said, "Hey! Nifty idea!" But not the case.)
    So eh. It was good. It's not mind-blowing. It just doesn't feel like....OK Go. Like, how do I know that was them under those suits? This could be a really well-done fan vid, and I wouldn't know the difference.

I haven't seen the Television video yet, because I don't have the CD/DVD album yet. gasp.

so it was mind blowing for me!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 15 2007, 05:37 PM)
    Uh huh.

I kind of agree with the whole "not getting it" idea. It kinda seems like I'm missing something.
    I do think that it was mind-blowing, but that's just my opinion. I really liked it, but it isn't the typical OK Go video.

I don't really think I can make up my mind on this one. I mean, yes I love it, but how much? Like many of us have said, it isn't like the usual OK Go video, but I still like it.
    Sheesh, I really can't make up my mind. So basically, I think I like it for some reasons, but its not what I expected? I don't even know what I think.

OK Go, you have successfully confused me.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Feb 15 2007, 05:40 PM)
    I haven't seen the Television video yet, because I don't have the CD/DVD album yet. gasp.

so it was mind blowing for me!

I think they were referring to the video played at concerts while OK Go plays "Television, Television".
  • I've been thinking, and I think my only real problem was the masks. The Entertainment Weekly photo looked like it would have worked better.
  • I kind of liked the other two videos better. One, because the guys' faces we unmasked and handsomely pristine, and two, because the new one doesn't go along with the tempo somewhat. There were some nice performances within the video, and it was actually pretty fun to watch. But I'd still prefer the older two videos.

But anyways, great job, OK Go. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 15 2007, 06:07 PM)
    I've been thinking, and I think my only real problem was the masks. The Entertainment Weekly photo looked like it would have worked better.

I forgot all about that photo, but I think you might be right.
    But I still don't really know what I think of the video.
  • I assume this is the same person who was the extra from that other Entertainment Weekly article. She writes about what the video shoot was like:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/02/ok_go.html
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Feb 15 2007, 06:39 PM)
    I assume this is the same person who was the extra from that other Entertainment Weekly article. She writes about what the video shoot was like:

Thank you for that article!!
    I'd think its the same lady too, because she was talking about being an extra and all.
    And you know Dan's fears? Those are just a few of mine.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Feb 15 2007, 03:39 PM)
    I assume this is the same person who was the extra from that other Entertainment Weekly article. She writes about what the video shoot was like:

That is one positive article I love it. Maybe she should teach that reporter from Chicago that didn't think they were funny what OKGo is all about lol!!
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 15 2007, 03:14 PM)
    I forgot all about that photo, but I think you might be right.
    But I still don't really know what I think of the video.

thank you for that. That helped me make a decision. I have concluded that I like the new video. I like the tour one the best, but this one is a lot of fun smile.gif
    OK Go...you never cease to amaze me. I never know what to expect next!
  • I have ofically decided, I love this new video. The boys of OK Go are amazingly creative and must have had so much fun making it. It is new, fun, and entertaining. It may be different from their other videos, but its new! Shouldn't it be different? It may not be personal like their other videos, but the fact that they must have had so much fun, and that they were so excited about it, makes up for it. I love how I'll be able to watch this video over and over again, and still find things that I hadn't seen. It's a great video, and I love it, and I think it will bring in more fans.