In this Discussion

New video and new single

Comments

• I think I just saw something about it having 16 thousand something views..but I could be wrong
  • I don't know guys. I'm a little bit disapointed. It's definately a great idea, and there were some shots that were really cool because you would look at it and think nothing is there, but then you'd suddenly realize that there's actually a lamp there and it's like "WHOAAAAA...." But most of the time it wasn't really like that. I mean, I just thought the things would blend in more than they did. I was expecting to get a headache, you know? But my head feels fine.

Maybe I was disapointed because I expected something incredibly clever and quirky and amazing like the treadmill dance. BUT, I'm glad they did a video like this that's based on a good idea, rather than some lame big-budget-mega-company video.
  • Actually, you know what? I think I would have like it more if none of them were wearing the paisley suits. I mean, they had all these cool people doing flips and break dancing and hoola hooping and jumping on pogo sticks and cartwheeling... I would have liked to see them just looking normal doing their thing. If you have a bunch of different people with all these great quirky talents, then you don't really need the paisley to make your video. You don't really need anything except the people. That would be really inspiring.
  • It may have looked good with out all of the paisley clothing, but I like it this way. There's more mystery of who's who and I like that you might miss something, then watch it again and see it.
  • oh, yay! the last I saw it was at 900 somin, but it is over 16,000 now. But that's still a long way from the 1 MILLION that HIGA had.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 16 2007, 11:08 PM)
    oh, yay! the last I saw it was at 900 somin, but it is over 16,000 now. But that's still a long way from the 1 MILLION that HIGA had.

But remember, they weren't trying to top HIGA. And it hasnt been 24 hours yet.
  • well, maybe they weren't trying to top it, but I myself- well, I get all proud when I see them topping every other video in youtube. ~is ashamed at her own superficiality~
  • Another OKGO feature article about the Grammys, Trish and the New Video. Its written really well too. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...nt/4557153.html
  • i found this picture on Flickr.

• QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 17 2007, 01:34 AM)
    Another OKGO feature article about the Grammys, Trish and the New Video. Its written really well too. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...nt/4557153.html

Thanks!
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 17 2007, 01:38 AM)
    i found this picture on Flickr.

Thats great! Thank you!
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 16 2007, 10:49 PM)
    Thanks!

No problem if I find more I will post them here for all to see.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 17 2007, 01:53 AM)
    No problem if I find more I will post them here for all to see.

That would be lovely!
    May I ask how you get these? I don't really have very good searching skills, and never seem to fin anything good.
  • I just get them from Google. Takes alot of time but if work is slow I will search Google. Sometimes people send them to me too.

QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 16 2007, 11:08 PM)
    That would be lovely!
    May I ask how you get these? I don't really have very good searching skills, and never seem to fin anything good.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 17 2007, 02:19 AM)
    I just get them from Google. Takes alot of time but if work is slow I will search Google. Sometimes people send them to me too.

Thanks for the tip :]
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 16 2007, 11:08 PM)
    That would be lovely!

QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 16 2007, 11:19 PM)
    I just get them from Google. Takes alot of time but if work is slow I will search Google. Sometimes people send them to me too.

That's right...make google your friend! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 17 2007, 01:39 PM)
    That's right...make google your friend! laugh.gif

Haha, will do.
  • now i know im a day or two late but i just saw the new vid and it was fucking awesome
    the boys can still throw it down okgo style and make the world awe
    o man im excited now ^^
    speaking of okgo
    their going to be in wisconsin this month and i doubt ill be able to see them..
    cause they come on a thursday and theres no way i could find a ride
    o well
    ill have my day
  • Over on the Youtube comments there's some moron who feels the need to post over and over and OVER that this is a rip off of Garden State. Which leaves out the Elephant painting, and even the Robin Williams movie Toys.

Idiot.
  • I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but does this video remind anyone else of the yellow wallpaper by charlotte perkins gilman? if they used the yellow pattern that they have on their website instead of the red one, the video would totally creep me out. but as they didn't, i love it! biggrin.gif