In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• ^^^ laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks, Amy
    That made me laugh.

Yeah I think it's all cool. If in doubt, blame everything on the wine - that's how I'm gonna play it.
  • Haha! That's always the best solution.

Oooh I miss wine. I really don't like hard alcohol at all anymore (I'm also a lightweight so it always hit me too hard too fast). I am a total wine girl, especially red wine. Mmmmm.
  • Me too! I stay away from spirits now because of bad experiences...
    My only defense is in the case of the rum - the guy I was with did an amazing Jack Sparrow impression, and we had a bottle of rum.. what was I supposed to do??? wink.gif
  • hahaha, in that case, I think it's completely allowed.

I can't even come near vodka anymore since it's all people would drink in my rez. I just got tired of the smell and the taste and ugh, the bad experiences.
    I am a total advocate for a lowered drinking age because you can at least learn to drink responsibly in a controlled environment, rather than binge drinking in some neighbor's basement where everyone is afraid they'll be busted. A lower drinking age would allow kids to learn what's good and what's not good drinking behavior. It makes everything a little more laid back, which is partially why I think I liked Montreal so much.

But yeah, wiiiine. It's just such a different feeling than other alcohols. Everything else feels kind of cold and unwanted by my stomach. Wine is warm.
  • Exactly! That's what I've tried to tell people for ages - lowering the drinking age doesn't make binge drinking more acceptable, it makes responsible drinking easier. In Europe, children have wine with their dinner, and, consequently, as adults and teenagers, they don't go binge drinking - being drunk is more frowned upon there. Whereas brits and americans get pissed because it's seen as cool. A teacher at school once asked in assembly why teenagers drink so much, and I answered "because you tell us not to". It's as simple as that.
  • True! Also, being up in Montreal and then coming back down to the States to visit friends was such an odd comparison.
    Up in Montreal, we'd have red wine on the counter to have with dinner, or at potlucks, or whatnot. Our floorfellow (equivalent to an RA in the States) made us margaritas the last day of finals to celebrate (it was BYOTequila, but it was still margaritas!).
    When I went down to visit a friend in New York (which, admittedly, has a pretty lax legal drinking age), they had to hide alcohol under their beds or in their drawers or in different containers. It seemed like so much trouble. I know kids in my hometown would binge drink because they figured that if they had gone through the trouble to get the alcohol, they should drink it all too. (My hometown has a bit of a drinking problem, but it's suburban upper-middleclass so no one talks about it. Whooo.)
    I mean, as long as there are SafeRides and other such organizations to make sure kids don't drive drunk, I really think lowering the drinking age would help, like you said, "lowering the drinking age doesn't make binge drinking more acceptable, it makes responsible drinking easier"
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 23 2007, 02:39 PM)
    When I went down to visit a friend in New York (which, admittedly, has a pretty lax legal drinking age), they had to hide alcohol under their beds or in their drawers or in different containers. It seemed like so much trouble. I know kids in my hometown would binge drink because they figured that if they had gone through the trouble to get the alcohol, they should drink it all too.

EXACTLY!

That's how we feel. It takes so much effort and risk to get the drink in the first place, not drinking excessive amounts would make it pointless. You need to get smashed to make the risk worth it lol.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 22 2007, 03:49 PM)
    Hahaha!!
    Fancied is such a stupid word.

I have learned my lesson sad.gif
    I spoke to him after and he just laughed about it, so I told him to ignore whatever I'd said that was embarrassing and he said he would and that it wasn't too bad...

I'm so dumb, sometimes.

well, dont be so hard on yourself, keep your chin up
  • Thanks, Joe smile.gif
  • lol i dont even know where to start with my boy issue.
    to simplify it a LOT, i guess i like this guy who has a girlfriend, but still talks to me as if he doesn't. and by that i don't mean he has actually expressed interest in me - just..talked to me inappropriately enough for someone with a girlfriend to be suitably confusing. meanwhile, theres a guy who has expressed interest, and we get along really well and i know he'd treat me well etc...but i just dont 'fancy' him, when it would be so much easier if i did. why does it always work out that way round?

gah. i hate boys laugh.gif .
  • except me right? you cant possibly hate me
  • this is true. you are the one exception to the rule.
  • QUOTE (crashtheparty @ Jul 23 2007, 03:55 PM)
    lol i dont even know where to start with my boy issue.
    to simplify it a LOT, i guess i like this guy who has a girlfriend, but still talks to me as if he doesn't. and by that i don't mean he has actually expressed interest in me - just..talked to me inappropriately enough for someone with a girlfriend to be suitably confusing. meanwhile, theres a guy who has expressed interest, and we get along really well and i know he'd treat me well etc...but i just dont 'fancy' him, when it would be so much easier if i did. why does it always work out that way round?

oh jeez.. sigh, i hate that nothing ever goes the way i want it. and i'm sorry thats whats happening with you too.
    you already know my issue with math boy, he doesn't flirt with me or anything.. but still.. i'm like VERY ATTRACTED to him..

yeah i hate boys too.
    except joe.
  • As hard as it is, I recommend steering away from the boy with the girlfriend. If he treats his girlfriend this way (i.e. flirting with other girls) would you really want to be involved with him in the first place?

I know it's difficult because attention is so nice, but also remember how this girl would feel if she knew he was doing this.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 24 2007, 08:50 AM)
    As hard as it is, I recommend steering away from the boy with the girlfriend. If he treats his girlfriend this way (i.e. flirting with other girls) would you really want to be involved with him in the first place?

I know it's difficult because attention is so nice, but also remember how this girl would feel if she knew he was doing this.

Agreed!

I was once involved in a situation like this, and the guy promised me up and down that he was going to date me next. Boy was I dumb - he had like half a dozen girls on the side, and a mutual friend told me that he had a goal of having a girl in every state.

Seriously, you have no idea how many girls he's been flirting with - stay away!
  • QUOTE (crashtheparty @ Jul 23 2007, 11:55 PM)

QUOTE (amberdino @ Jul 24 2007, 02:09 AM)
    yeah i hate boys too.
    except joe.

oh you girls, you hurt...with words
  • thats what happens when you leave for 2 weeks andy
  • oh andy, i could never have meant you!

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 24 2007, 01:50 PM)
    As hard as it is, I recommend steering away from the boy with the girlfriend. If he treats his girlfriend this way (i.e. flirting with other girls) would you really want to be involved with him in the first place?

yeah, thats very true and i'm totally aware of it. it's weird, cause its not even like i wanna go out with him. i know what he's like (i'm not stupid enough to think i'm the only one he's flirting with whilst with his girlfriend). i dont know what i want, then, but i know i dont actually wanna go out with him. it sounds bad, but i guess i just want something to happen so i can just forget about him. thing is, i havent seen him for a few weeks now, and i'm wondering how much i really do like him - i dont remember liking him this much when i was actually with him, i seem to like him more when i'm not with him lol. and i know i'm an idealist by nature so it's possible ive just totally over glorified everything about him and i'll snap out of it when i next see him. which would make everything a lot easier, to be honest laugh.gif .

what really pissed me off about him though, is that when i let on that i knew he had a girlfriend (i'd found out from elsewhere), he was reluctant to talk about it and told me they were breaking up at the start of summer. i pushed it and asked if she knew about this, and he said "yeah, she knows somethings up". needless to say, they are still together, and i feel like an idiot for not realising for a second that he was just talking crap about them breaking up to keep me sweet. so he's an idiot, right?
  • some silly intern looked fantastic today. rolleyes.gif

*cough cough*