In this Discussion

Two Nights Of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Comments

• QUOTE (azulaco @ Apr 20 2007, 12:46 AM)
    I'm so glad one of the boardies got to go! Yay! Also, who else loved Damian's gorgeous purple shirt tonight?

So, so happy to see that beautiful new shirt! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Apr 19 2007, 09:52 PM)
    So, so happy to see that beautiful new shirt! laugh.gif

Ha! I thought of you, Theresa, when I saw his pretty new shirt. How were you able to recognize him without his usual costume? tongue.gif
  • Awww man it wont let me play the video online. So it's not coming tonight? or is it? I'll be up anyways. My Chihuahua who I cruelly dressed up and put glasses on to look like Tim, is sick and lost function in her back legs. We have to take turns watching her. I am glad that you made it into the taping Mia. I'll keep an eye out for you.
  • Yeah, Sanjaya knocked Michael Phelps to Friday's show, therefore knocking out OK Go out altogether on Friday sad.gif

EDIT: I guess you can say that OK Go has been Sanjayed! lol. I know, that was quite cheesy. wink.gif

Me, in front of the Jay Leno Door:

Oh, and how cool is this!!
  • OMG, I just saw the "Let It Rain" performance on the NBC website! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! I got a little teary-eyed! The setting was very beautiful, they had backup singers, and was that fake snow? It was all extremely beautiful. Why don't they do this song at shows? And Damian's shirt was the best green shirt I've ever seen!
    *sigh*
  • ^^^Fake snow!! I know. I was like "awwww" when it came out. It was so lovely live, but I can do without the backup singers laugh.gif and there was also another acoustic guitarist. I have no idea who that is.

Yes, and that green shirt looked great on Damian.
  • Here's the link to Let It Rain

EDIT: I just re-watched this and I love how Dan's wardrobe change is changing his pageboy hat to a top hat. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 20 2007, 03:46 AM)
    Here's the link to Let It Rain

Cool, thanks! smile.gif

And here is a link to the first one, performing DWYW with the red windsocks. The resolution isn't the best, but you get the idea:
    http://www.andejohnston.com/2007/04/ok-go-on-leno-2.htm

EDIT:
    Just noticed that their previous Leno performance is on that site too:
    http://www.andejohnston.com/2006/11/ok-go-on-leno.htm
  • QUOTE (freehugs @ Apr 20 2007, 12:47 AM)
    They looked/did sooo good!!! I totally forgot they were on tonight, luckily my dad woke me up to remind me. hahah. I cannot wait to see them tomorrow at WPI!!!!! Now I probally won't be able to sleep tonight..

Awww your dad woke you up? That is so sweet!!

Amy and Theresa, YES I saw the new shirt! T - I totally thought of you when I realized he was wearing a new shirt! It's a very nice shirt. Andy looked pretty trim too - all the guys looked great. I'm roped back in all over again!!
  • wait why was it snowing?

these are great
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 20 2007, 09:13 AM)
    wait why was it snowing?

Because if they let it rain on stage, it would have been too messy.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Apr 20 2007, 02:24 PM)
    Because if they let it rain on stage, it would have been too messy.

but!

havning no rain and no snow would be better then just random snow maddness!

my friend KJ says to me on msn:
    KJ says (14:17):
    (8) Let it rain, let it pour, let it rain, let it pour
    *snow starts blowing*
    *confused look on dan*

24-30 <HFoC> says (14:17):
    prehaps snow is the closest thing to rain they have..

KJ says (14:18):
    it may put them off if jay leno stands behind them throwing buckets of water
  • Thanks for the link.

Ohhhhh Damian! wub.gif

But... they had back up singers? laugh.gif I don't expect that really from a rock band like them. But I guess it's okay. huh.gif

And what's with the comments on the link (below)? People just don't get good music.

--- littleroom

QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 20 2007, 12:46 AM)

EDIT: I just re-watched this and I love how Dan's wardrobe change is changing his pageboy hat to a top hat. laugh.gif
  • It felt really surreal to see them with backup singers! Awesome performances.
  • teehee, who are they?
  • They don't look familiar, I'm thinking they were just studio musicians or maybe part of the Tonight Show band? I could barely hear them, anyway.
  • IM so glad the Jay Leno didnt call them the Treadmill guys. He mentions it in a good way but didnt call them that.
  • That was really rad. Sooo adorable. made me sigh and aww at the same time...
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 20 2007, 12:46 AM)

Thanks so much for the link!

I just about fell from excitement when I noticed Jacques Brautbar (Something For Rockets/ex Phantom Planet guitarist) playing in the background w/ them!! It reminded me of the time he played with them for Silverbake in 2004 (filling in for Andy Duncan).

Their performance of the song was great!
  • Cleaner/crisper video of last night's TV performance available:

http://www.vmsdigital.com/download/041607/NLA171491_01.WMV