In this Discussion

Two Nights Of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Comments

• Sheri, please save us!
  • I hear the backing singers were kinda awful for the second performance... the one that didn't get shown? cause of Michael Phelps.

Actually, I heard that from Damian =P

and apparently the reason they were taping two shows in one day was that Jay Leno wanted a day off haha.
  • Well if Damian says they were awful..............

Why didn't LazyLeno just kick off this Phelps guy completely. OK Go is way more important, doesn't he know this?!
  • Hey, don't knock on Michael Phelps!! laugh.gif It was actually Sanjaya's fault!! dry.gif He got voted off American Idol on Wednesday, so Leno just had to have him on, therfore bumping Michael Phelps to Friday's show, and knocking off OK Go. I mean, Phelps was already there and ready to go, so they couldn't say no to him. Ugh, how I hate that prepubescent Sanjaya!!! So I guess we can blame all of America who didn't vote for Sanjaya laugh.gif . Because if he was still on AI, OK Go would have been on Friday's The Tonight Show.

Yes, and OK Go is more important than any of Leno's other guests biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 22 2007, 01:18 AM)
    Actually, I heard that from Damian =P

HAHAHA! omg, that's awesome!
  • haha, yeah.

He said that they got this backing chorus, and during rehearsals it was really awesome. But then during the actual taped performance they choked and sounded awful.
    So he was kind of glad they got bumped, haha.

He said that it had been up on NBC's website but he didn't know if it still was.
  • The backup singers didn't seem too professional to me. During the taping, while the cameras weren't on them, they seemed to be chatting and giggling. I'm just glad the video didn't show too much of them.
  • Wait, so if some other AI contestant would've been kicked out, OK Go would've still performed on friday night?! Is Leno in love with Sanjaya?

Dammit I should've voted for him!
  • Sheri, i really hope you feel better!
    *hugs*

So erm.. is Let It Rain anywhere?
    unsure.gif
  • I'm sorry you're sick Sheri, hope you feel better soon! I'd share my good immune system with you if I could! wub.gif biggrin.gif

If I had video capturing technology I would've gotten it! But NOoOo! Maybe ihave7stars got it?

So you didn't see it all all Sheri?!? I saw it only twice, omg it was beautiful!
  • aw, man! I would've definitely ripped that off! I was so sure you were getting it though- sorry. But I hope you get well soon! We could try to look thru their archives or somin and if that doesn't work, we could try writing to them for a copy.

edit: ok, appearantly they don't have an archive. But maybe Ih7*s will find it smile.gif
  • For you who haven't seen LIR - don't feel too bad. It was pretty, but it wasn't all THAT, in my opinion. I don't think it sounded all that great.

I know, easy for me to say...I hope we can find it, too, but in the meantime, don't kill yourselves.
  • It wasn't a great performance, but I'd love to see them in their stage outfits.... Let's harass Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore for the clip of the taping
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 22 2007, 04:22 PM)
    edit: ok, appearantly they don't have an archive. But maybe Ih7*s will find it smile.gif

Sorry folks, I don't have it. I actually tried to capture it Friday night, but only spent 20 minutes with it. My normal programs were not able to download the source file and I gave up -- fully intending to try again Saturday morning. It was there Saturday before breakfast, but once I came back, it was gone! I even searched through my hard drive just in case it downloaded, but alas....
  • Just got the following email:

I think the tonight show took it off the site for some reason or another...
    milosh

On 4/20/07 9:36 PM, "phishrae@aol.com" <phishrae@aol.com> wrote:

Hi Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore or Mike or whoever,

I tried clicking the link posted on the Myspace Blog to see the "Let It Rain" performance on the Tonight Show, and all I keep getting is some video of Jay Leno talking about his motorcycle. What gives?

Do you think you guys might be able to get the video and make it available to Juggling Club Members or something like that?

All the best,
    Rachel (DJRose)

Sorry guys, doesn't look all that hopeful. :-(

I, however, am taking the wishful thinking position that "Let it Rain" is the next single and they'll be playing it at all the concerts from here on out.
  • QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Apr 20 2007, 09:44 PM)
    ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Dietpepsidrunk, your name is Theresa tooo??????

Hi hot-shot-sugar! Yes, that's my name. I didn't know that was your name too! Yay! biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 22 2007, 03:45 PM)
    Please tell me somebody captured "Let It Rain" while it was still online ...

Like I said, I was gone this weekend. Never saw it, never got it. I'm also really fucking sick.

Basically wanna cry. Stupid Leno.

Oh darn, I was away for the weekend and didn't get to see it either. Hope you feel better Sheri!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 22 2007, 12:45 PM)
    Please tell me somebody captured "Let It Rain" while it was still online ...

Like I said, I was gone this weekend. Never saw it, never got it. I'm also really fucking sick.

Basically wanna cry. Stupid Leno.

Sheri, I hope you are feeling better. Doesn't appear ANYone got it. Perhaps that was meant to be unsure.gif Damian wasn't happy with the way it turned out so maybe OK Go themselves requested it get taken down. I put a little whiner-complaint on the NBC site anyways, just to let the big-whigs know OK Go is missed rolleyes.gif
  • Good luck Sheri!
    I'm thinking of you, my love! smile.gif