In this Discussion

Interpol

Comments

• mostly we've been going insane over amazing British television, as you might be able to tell. Sorry if it doesn't make much sense, though smile.gif

other than that, I dunno.

many of the Imaginaries! have been wintering with Lola in Aussie-land until we all finish our finals/applications/holidaywhatnot, and it sounds like they've been having lots of fun, so that's good.
  • Ah, so that's where Imaginary!Carlos went!
    He said he was off to see someone who would actually appreciate him sleep.gif.
    He's back now though and we're having an excellent time }:]

Are you all doing anything exciting over winter break?
  • If you call knitting and watching lots of tv exciting, then yes! I actually am pretty excited about it. I'm knitting a piano scarf and I've watched the first three episodes of Dr. Who. I really like Christopher Eccleston. I'll be kind of sad when I start watching the second season, but kind of happy too because David Tennant is awesome.

Anyway, to get back to Interpol, here's a little interview (there's only one question) with Sam I stumbled across today.

http://99matters.de/?p=33

And it's less than 2 months until Jacqui sees them!!
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Dec 18 2007, 01:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=154610
    Ah, so that's where Imaginary!Carlos went!
    He said he was off to see someone who would actually appreciate him sleep.gif.
    He's back now though and we're having an excellent time }:]

Are you all doing anything exciting over winter break?

oh, yay for }:]-ness!

i'm probably just watching sexy things like kalinda...that's enough fun for me!

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 22 2007, 11:02 AM)
    If you call knitting and watching lots of tv exciting, then yes! I actually am pretty excited about it. I'm knitting a piano scarf and I've watched the first three episodes of Dr. Who. I really like Christopher Eccleston. I'll be kind of sad when I start watching the second season, but kind of happy too because David Tennant is awesome.

And it's less than 2 months until Jacqui sees them!!

ohmy.gif that scarf sounds amazing! i wish i could do that. i bought this little scarf set, but i haven't started on it =/ i'm scared i'll mess up...

oh, i know what you mean! christopher is wonderful...i just need to watch the last episode of the first season but that stupid torrent is taking forever!

ahhhh, 2 months!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! and maybe by then we'll know if they're coming back to the states. oh, how exciting!

omg, i finished the first season of rh yesterday. awwwwwwwwwwwww!! that show is wondeful on so many levels. i cried during the last episodes...rh is so mean to much! what a turd face!!!! oh, and i have a little crush on will <3 <3 <3
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Dec 22 2007, 04:21 PM)
    omg, i finished the first season of rh yesterday. awwwwwwwwwwwww!! that show is wondeful on so many levels. i cried during the last episodes...rh is so mean to much! what a turd face!!!! oh, and i have a little crush on will <3 <3 <3

yay!
    Harry Lloyd will take over the world smile.gifsmile.gif

so totally can't wait for the Christmas Special of Dr. Who!!
    I really really hope someone puts it online right after it gets shown
    I've been having withdrawals since it ended, and now that new material is so close, I just can't take it!

oooh JB will be so excited when she comes back! that's so close smile.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 23 2007, 04:30 AM)
    yay!
    Harry Lloyd will take over the world smile.gifsmile.gif

mhmm!!
    oh gosh, and he's so good with his hands! }:] his brother is cute too! aww, i just want to face hug them both.

ohmy.gif i should probably stop talking about will before tommy d gets jealous ohmy.gif ohmy.gif hahah, i'm sad :/

• hahaha
    you can't help loving Will Scarlett smile.gifsmile.gif
    kjdfhkdhffg i'm seriously obsessed, to the point of patheticness now tongue.gif
  • I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

I saw 'Evil' for the first time on tv the other night while staying up until about 4:30. You couldn't believe the strange, muffled sounds I was making due to excitement. It was cute because the band that was introducing the clip (an awesome Aussie band called 'Eskimo Joe') were like "damn those handsome men!!" when girls say they like going to Interpol shows. He was joking of course!

Oooh a piano scarf! How cool is that? I knitted a Gryffindor scarf. It's very nice and warm.

Hi Ambie! Imaginary!Carlos was on his best behavior here, so no need to worry about him! We all got to play with Imaginary!Gaius. Haha.

• Aw I'm glad you all had fun Jodie!!

Ah, I'm bored.
    I want plans for New Year's but all my friends are laaaaame.
    Oh well, at least I've got Imaginary!Carlos with me! }:]
  • awww, milky! that's the best kind of obsession! will...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

jodie, that band sounds wonderful...are they sexy? they sure do sound sexy.

i just finished the second season of dr. who...AWWWWW OMG, THAT BROKE MY HEART!! POOR DOCTOR....gosh....i love this show! you guys are too sexy for making me watch it...this and robin hood <3 <3 <3 <3
    Ah, I'm bored.
    I want plans for New Year's but all my friends are laaaaame.
    Oh well, at least I've got Imaginary!Carlos with me! }:]

Oh no!
    You can do what everyone else is doing and watch amazing British television!!
    Sucks that you don't have any New Years plans. I do. I have to WORK! Blah!
    That's true, if all else fails, you still have Imaginary!Carlos to ring in the new year with you!
    But don't worry, I'm sure your friends will realize their lameness and make some plans soon. It's still early days yet right?

jodie, that band sounds wonderful...are they sexy? they sure do sound sexy.

Eskimo Joe are indeed a very sexy band. With a hilarious lead singer who really likes to poke fun at himself. Oh yeah and his favourite show is Arrested Development laugh.gif

• QUOTE (LolaBert @ Dec 28 2007, 03:07 AM)
    Eskimo Joe are indeed a very sexy band. With a hilarious lead singer who really likes to poke fun at himself. Oh yeah and his favourite show is Arrested Development laugh.gif

The girl across the hall from me told me that her favorite Australian band was Eskimo Joe. I was going to check them out, but I never got around to it. They sound awesome already though.

I'm all caught up on Robin Hood! When I first started watching, I thought it was a pretty good show, but I didn't think it was amazing or anything, but the more I watched it, the more I fell in love with it. Will is adorable with his little ax. I actually started having a little crush on Allan but then I started watching season 2 when he turned evil. There has to be a season three because I've only just started watching! I also finished the first season of Dr. Who. I basically felt exactly like Rose at the end of the last episode, but I'm getting used David Tennant. I love that show so much!! I'm going to start the second season today!

I'm so jealous of British people now. They have the best tv.
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Dec 28 2007, 11:07 AM)

ohmy.gif i'm going to have to give this band a sexy listen! oh, how exciting biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 29 2007, 06:17 PM)
    I'm all caught up on Robin Hood! When I first started watching, I thought it was a pretty good show, but I didn't think it was amazing or anything, but the more I watched it, the more I fell in love with it. Will is adorable with his little ax. I actually started having a little crush on Allan but then I started watching season 2 when he turned evil. There has to be a season three because I've only just started watching! I also finished the first season of Dr. Who. I basically felt exactly like Rose at the end of the last episode, but I'm getting used David Tennant. I love that show so much!! I'm going to start the second season today!

I'm so jealous of British people now. They have the best tv.

mhmm!! i agree with everything you said...awww, the little axe! <3 <3 i thought i wouldn't like david either but he's so sexy! it's hard not to love him. i don't think i can have a fav doctor. they are both amazing. oh, yay for the second season! i've finished all of doctor who and robin hood. i have nothing to watch now :[ this is a bit depressing :/
    rh spoilers: omfg i can't believe that little shit killed marian! ahh, that broke my heart </3 poor robin :'[ omg will and djaq mad.gif nuh uh, i dun like this one bit! i can't believe they stayed behind...does that mean no more will during the 3rd season? gosh, that would be terrible :[ oh, but yay for allan! i'm glad he's back again biggrin.gif ah, this show is so wonderful!
  • ohhh spoilers! I just watched it hehe

I'm not sure why they had to kill Marion... it seemed sort of pointless and it was very sad. Although if you saw the look on Guy's face after he did it... they're gonna have fun with him in the new season. although now there's rumors that that whole bit was a mirage and no one's dead, they're all still hanging out in the desert. We'll see, I guess. Even though Will's supposed to be mine tongue.gif I still think he and Djaq are adorable and I'm glad they finally got it over with. I don't know why they're staying in the Holy Land, though. they can't be leaving the show, so maybe there'll be some sort of double plot in the Holy Land next season, right? oh, and all I have to say is that I am in love with Carter as well, and I was more upset when he died than when the King almost-died. sad.gif

Sorry for all the spoilers, I just had to get that out somewhere biggrin.gif

I was so excited to have a new Dr Who episode to watch, now that the Christmas special is online. biggrin.gif I can't wait for the new season!
  • ^^
    omg ohmy.gif ohmy.gif really? a mirage? that seems kind of retarded. aww, yeah, her death did seem pointless. guy is such a moron! idk...i guess he's kind of sexy, but i don't like him. i really hope she's not dead though. poor carter! i totally forgot about him until like 3 hours after i finished watching the episode. stupid sheriff! ugh. he's so gross. oh, and always molesting guy...idk about him. unsure.gif
    oh, and you're going to have to share will with me now biggrin.gif hehe...i was really hoping that the doctor would have to regenerate soon and harry would come out of nowhere...awww, he's so adorable.

dr. who spoilers i really liked kylie minogue(sp?) as his companion. it's so sad that she had to die. aww, and balakasdfajs (whatever his name was)...poor little cyborg. i miss rose. i liked her the best. martha was ok, but idk...i liked it when something would happen to rose and then the doctor would get all crazy. good times. i hope she comes back. idk about the runaway bride. it is fun when she slaps him though biggrin.gif hahah

i'm tired of typing spoiler...and here i am doing it again!

ah, wonderful, wonderful shows.
  • Dr Who: yahh the cyborg was cute. I liked Kylie too. the only thing that really annoyed me in that episode was how many people kept dying. more specifically, sacrificing themselves for the Doctor and for the survival of the ship and all that. Balakafalata (? oh well) was okay, but then Foon and then Astrid... one is touching, three is just too many sad.gif. but it's okay, cause the sailor guy on the bridge survived, and he was cute smile.gif

RH: yeah, I dunno where the mirage thing came from. and yeah, I don't particularly like Guy as a person... but as a character, he's just got so many layers and depths and interesting things that it's impossible not to obsess over it. hehe i loovvveeeedd Guy's dream sequence. Marion, Allan, and the Sherriff all massaging him at the same time? hehehe. I especially loved when it was Allan. okay I'm done.

hehe I think I'll live, Harry's really tall so I'm sure there's plenty of him to go around. mmm, he's so yummy.
    haha I can't wait to see if he's the next Doctor either. I really want him to be =D adsjfadgfjhgf I lufff him.
  • I just watched the last episode of RH!! Pretty much the same as what you guys said. I really don't understand why they had to kill Marian. Very pointless. I hope it's not a mirage because I hate when shows do that. "It's all just a dream!" or something like that. I'll be so sad if there's no Will next season. I think Will and Djaq will go back to visit at least. I'm really sad that they killed Carter because I had a crush on him too!! I think that was even more pointless than Marian.

My iTunes is on shuffle and Roland started playing while I was typing this. Must have known I was in the Interpol thread!
  • ohmy.gif we died!

Those of you who watch Dr Who- have any of you seen torchwood as well? It's a kind of insane show.
    there's way more "adult" aka way more violence and sex... but it's still pretty much amazing. and you get to see more Captain Jack Harkness, which is always good, eh?

anyways, the second season starts in Britain in like 14 days or something, and it'll air just a couple of weeks later on BBC America in the US!!! which is exciting, I might not even watch them online at all!

also, since all our other shows are on break, it's something to look forward to haha.
  • okay okay, double post, but I gotsta show this to you guyses.

linky 1
    to explain it some

and

linky 2
    final plan of action

also: if Lucy Griffith really is leaving, then it definitely can't be a dream...
    *sob* that means Carter really is dead!
    awwww

anyways, I think it sounds like an amazing idea, and if I can figure it out, I'm definitely joining in.
    thought you might like to hear about it as well.

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 4 2008, 12:23 AM)
    :o we died!

Those of you who watch Dr Who- have any of you seen torchwood as well? It's a kind of insane show.
    there's way more "adult" aka way more violence and sex... but it's still pretty much amazing. and you get to see more Captain Jack Harkness, which is always good, eh?

anyways, the second season starts in Britain in like 14 days or something, and it'll air just a couple of weeks later on BBC America in the US!!! which is exciting, I might not even watch them online at all!

also, since all our other shows are on break, it's something to look forward to haha.

:o i'd heard of it...omg, i just got it...like torchwood, haha, i'm so slow. anywho...i'll look for it online :D yay! i have something to watch now :D :D

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 4 2008, 12:50 AM)
    okay okay, double post, but I gotsta show this to you guyses.

linky 1
    to explain it some

and

linky 2
    final plan of action

also: if Lucy Griffith really is leaving, then it definitely can't be a dream...
    *sob* that means Carter really is dead!
    awwww

anyways, I think it sounds like an amazing idea, and if I can figure it out, I'm definitely joining in.
    thought you might like to hear about it as well.

:o :o :o :o noooo!!!
    that sucks. aww. now there's just a cast of men (not that there's anything wrong with that :P)...well, djaq too but yeah....:( and carter...gosh...

boooooooooooooooooooooo <_<