In this Discussion

Harry Potter

edited November -1 in General Discussion

Oh my god Dolores Umbridge. The New York Magazine described her character as a "tea cozy fascist," forever securing the NY Magazine's place in my heart.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix tomorrow night! My friends and I are going to the midnight showing. I am so fucking excited. We have our tickets. We are ready. We will be wearing lightning-bolts on our foreheads. Fuck yes.

Comments

• OH MAN!

i wish i was as excited as you...

hope you have fun with your little harryetts!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 9 2007, 01:45 PM)

Oh my god Dolores Umbridge. The New York Magazine described her character as a "tea cozy fascist," forever securing the NY Magazine's place in my heart.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix tomorrow night! My friends and I are going to the midnight showing. I am so fucking excited. We have our tickets. We are ready. We will be wearing lightning-bolts on our foreheads. Fuck yes.

I'm so jealous - I WANT to go to a midnight showing tomorrow, but Adam's being a wuss about Midnight showings these days, so I'm relegated to the 10pm Wednesday IMAX showing. I think as he gets older, Adam is less and less supportive of my fandom. tongue.gif

But I'm really excited about this movie, it looks SO good. And then Deathly Hallows comes out in a week and a half!!! My Best Friend is flying up from Florida so we can get/read the book together!
  • I'm pretty sure the IMAX is more than bad-ass enough to make up for not seeing the midnight showing.

I hope you and your friend have a great time! That's super cute. I'm so excited to go out at midnight as well. I'm trying to band together a group of friends to come with me, hopefully in costume (because we already make fools of ourselves, why not just embrace it?). I'm totally going as Luna Lovegood.
  • I'm SO fucking pumped for this movie I really can't even put it into words... We're totally going to the midnight showing too, me and 4 of my friends. Also with lightning bolt tattoos... Next Friday, there is a town about 25 minutes from my house, that's having a HUGE town party for the book release. They have an old abandoned train station that they transformed a couple years ago INTO platform 9 3/4 and thats where the party is going to be... and then close to midnight we'll head to the bookstore near my house to get our books and read ALLLLL FUCKING NIGHT!! smile.gif
  • Oh my god that sounds amazing. I've resolved not to go online until I've finished the book because I don't want to accidently stumble upon a spoiler.

Apparently the movie is AMAZING. I am so fucking excited.
  • ahh the midnight fun of both the book and the movie are ruined for me because I have work at 6 am the day the movie comes out and I have a bridal shower the day the book comes out. This sucks!

But I can't believe it's almost over. I read the first HP book 8 years ago! It's mindblowing. As long as Ron, Lupin, and the twins survive #7, I'll be happy.
  • awh, I don't think I can go to the midnight showing.
    I might, though. If there's even still tickets left, which is doubtful haha.

Gosh, it is almost over, isn't it?
    ohmy.gif I can't believe it..

at least we've got a couple more movies waiting, right?
  • Lucky lucky toney toile!

Rachel, don't feel bad. Harry on IMAX is effing awesome!

What's the deal with IMAX versus IMAX 3-D? Do you get 3-D glasses or something?
  • lightining bolts on you forehead!!!! coooool biggrin.gif

i'm going to see it on thursday!!i'm sooo excited about it!
  • awww my friend is having a huge thing tomorrow! we're starting at 10am and watching every Harry Potter movie (that we can fit in) before a 7pm dinner and seeing the new movie at 9.30, which was the only time we could book tickets (and that was weeks ago)

Oooh it's going to be a dork fest!!!! tongue.gif
  • i'm watching it wednesday night!
    woooooooo i'm so exciteddddddddddd
  • ^^ haha YES! tomorrow night is wednesday night!! we were talking about seeing it on the train and this man kept looking at us like we were filthy dorks!

we are not filthy!!! we are cool cool.gif
  • im going to the midnight showing tonight!!! im soo excited me and my sister bought our tickets like a week ago!! lol
  • Tickets were sold out until SATURDAY here. ohmy.gif

So I'm seeing it then.

YAY FOR HARRY POTTER!
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • you people are freaking me out! i haven't bought my tickests to thursday (which is the firts day of exibition)! i think it will sell out here too...omg i have to see it biggrin.gif
  • to those of you going to the midnight show tonight, have a great time!!
  • yeah, have fun!

I think I'm seeing it twice haha... once probably tomorrow or thursday as soon as possible at least, and then again on Friday in IMAX

I'm excited.
  • OMG IT WAS SO GOOD

I started crying 5 minutes in sad.gif My friend Clara and I started sobbing uncontrollably once that part with the veil came near because EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS THERE. Ahhhhh. Noooo...

I totally have to see it in IMAX now... and I'm not even a huge Harry Potter fan... aww... wub.gif

I imagine it would be incredibly hard to follow if you hadn't read the books, though.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jul 11 2007, 03:09 AM)
    OMG IT WAS SO GOOD

I started crying 5 minutes in sad.gif My friend Clara and I started sobbing uncontrollably once that part with the veil came near because EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS THERE. Ahhhhh. Noooo...

I totally have to see it in IMAX now... and I'm not even a huge Harry Potter fan... aww... wub.gif
    I imagine it would be incredibly hard to follow if you hadn't read the books, though.

Well I'm going to be a complete mess then, because the TRAILER choked me up. Guess I gotta bring the box of tissues.
  • Definitely the best movie so far. I had a couple of friends with me who had never read the book and were both like, "uhhhhh, we're just going to make up a story for ourselves, OK?"

The theatre was full of crazies and I think that was the best part.

I'm at work and half-asleep whoooooo.

I think I'm in love with Luna Lovegood. Srsly. She was the best person in the entire movie.

My only couple of qualms:
    1) What the fuck was with all the montages of sweaty Harry Potter writhing about in bed? I think, I don't know, two would have gotten the point across.
    2) The Kiss. I think there were three different camera pans over them smoochin' Aaaaaawkward.

Other than that, totally worth it.

P.S. The woman playing Dolores Umbridge was AMAAAAZING. She was fucking scary. Also, new design of the dementors? A+